What's your #1 tip that you learned here on the DIS?

I haven't left for Disney yet (4 months away) but I can already tell what a great tip this is...

Shop ahead of time for things you will need/want for your trip. If you buy a thing or two every time to go to the store it will seem alot cheaper than buying it all at once right before you go. I've already bought my zip bags, toiletries, mole skin, and other various items. Also, if you do it this way you can buy things when they are on sale.

My two:
Cooltek hats in summer: http://www.heatrelief.com/hats.htm

Leave Epcot after everyone else (watch the boats and enjoy the ambiance; skip the hordes of smelly hot tired people leaving the parks) The buses will still be there.

Okay, this may seem like a silly question but for those of you who use the spray deodorant on your feet...IS there a specific brand you'd recommend? Do you buy the deodorant only or the antiperspirant/deodorant? I would assume the antiperspirant but want to make sure. I'd love to try this on my next trip!

All the tips have been wonderful.

#1 tip for the plane -- Earplanes - especially for kids.

#1 tip I ever heard here was ....for in between rides and waiting for fireworks - lots of glow sticks and mini bottles of bubbles with wands built in. My DS hunts for kids with sad faces and gives them out. The joy it brings him and the other kids makes me cry. So you spend a few dollars at the Dollar Tree - its worth it!

I have learned so much here!! I thought I knew all there was to know!! Silly Grama!! Keep it up!! I also would like to know which deorderant to use! :wave: I think that the best tip I have found is to use Decals for the luggage. I have a regular black/wheels. this will help alot!! :jumping1:

:love: Love this thread! :love: Earplugs.....why didn't I think of earplugs last time :confused3 ?! Also, went waitting for the monarail, ask the CM if your family can sit up front (max.#4 I think?). We did it and my boys had a blast!!

DVC-LEROY said:
All the tips have been wonderful.

#1 tip for the plane -- Earplanes - especially for kids.

#1 tip I ever heard here was ....for in between rides and waiting for fireworks - lots of glow sticks and mini bottles of bubbles with wands built in. My DS hunts for kids with sad faces and gives them out. The joy it brings him and the other kids makes me cry. So you spend a few dollars at the Dollar Tree - its worth it!

That is so cute, I love it that you little guy is giving out bubles to kids that look sad! Very cool, and what a lesson for your son.

We take a van service to the hotel ($90/roundtrip) and take advantage of their 30 minute stop at a supermarket. We get snacks, water, beer for the week. The hotel holds everything with your luggage (others were doing this too) to be delivered to your room. An adult has to be in the room when the alcohol is delivered. We pack a collapsable cooler and we pack it with ice and put it in the tub. We have cold water for the parks, hubby has a cold beer when we get back from the parks, and we have snacks. Now that they have the magical express we will book the van oneway ($50) and take the express back to the airport. We've always book the van because it's only your party and they only stop at your hotel.

1. Take advantage of the single rider line if you don't have small children. When my family went we split up and got on Test Track in 10 minutes rather than wait in the hour long line. You don't wait very long for the rest of your party and it's a great way to get the rides in without standing in the lines.

2. Let your kids do what they want to do! (Within reason of course ;)) When DFi and I were there we were watching parents literally SCREAMING at their children that they spent $5000 on their trip to RIDE and not to meet characters. Then they pulled the poor kids out of the Lilo and Stich line. It was awful!! The kids were miserable, the parents were miserable... if you have young kids, don't go in with too many expectations of the way the trip "has" to go. Be prepared but open to surprises.

3. Agreeing with the misting fan! My mom made more friends in line when she had that thing... :)

someone please give an answer to the spray deodorant tip for your feet. I am leaving in a few weeks and want to know what to buy. Also, any tips for WDW in late Sept.? I have ponchos, but what else for that time of year?
Thanks!
ASOM (a stressed out mom) :goodvibes

I agree with letting the kids have their ways! Its their vacation too! Easy to forget that. My spray misters usually make people mad :confused3 . Never quite understood how a cool mist on a hot day makes people who are already sweating mad! :confused3 Go figure!
A good example of how making the children happy pays off: My son has Aspergers Syndrome. Video games are his world! (Literally, he thinks hes in a game, has invisible friends, and battles heartless everywhere he goes. Part of his condition.) He wanted to play video games. I kept saying "But were at WALT DISNEY WORLD!!! FORGET THE GAMES! You can play them at HOME! Lets ride rides!" He made the next two days miserable till we took him to innovations and he saw the big Kingdom Hearts sign! His eyes lit up and his mouth dropped to the ground! He RAN (dragging us I may add!) and grabbed the Kingdom Hearts game joystick. Played 2 quick games, then moved to Nemo, then he was finished. 5 minutes of fun for him and he was happy for the rest of the day! I guess he needed his fix. Some of the best fun weve had at Disney was spontaneous things that we let the kids do. Like Duck Duck Camel with Jasmin and Aladdin, or like giving in to let the child splash in the fountains. He dried, and he had fun, we got a laugh.
If that Kingdom Hearts sign goes up for auction its ours! (They recently took it down. If anyone knows what happened to it I'm "all ears!".)

Valentine said:
Something simple... Always go to the left... Most people tend to walk to the right... when there is a line with a right or left option.. take the left.. when travelling through the parks.. start to the left... just a little hint...works 90% of the time! QUOTE]
I bet I know who else in the left queue.....the overseas visitors! (or at least all the ones who come from countries where we drive on the LEFT hand side of the road)We would naturally gravitate to the left hand side wherever we go. :moped:

Personally I HATE the mister fan. I don't like to be sweaty and wet, the mister fan just made me feel wetter. The regular little fan works better for me and they are usually much cheaper. We usually take a few with us in case one breaks. Walgreens usually has them for a couple of dollars.

Since we always go in July we've found going back to the resort for a few hours in the afternoon helps everyone's mood. DS likes to go for a swim and we like to just relax.

I didn't read all of these tips but we just got back and the #1 tip for us was the water bottles. In the past, we bought water and spent a fortune. I had read about the Brita btls here and was tempted but I don't like water to begin with. Therefore, we took 32oz btls (1 for each of us), filled it 1/2 way with water, I put some ice tea mix (w/splenda) in mine and then the balance was ice. It stayed quite cool in our back pack for most of the morning. When we needed a bit more ice or water, we freshened them up in the park. It was great because it not only saved money but gave us drinks any time we wanted. I found that just taking a few sips at a time helped keep me feeling cooler.

I agree with the last post, except that we just get free cups of ice water in the park. Nothing to carry. Also we use Food Lion or Walmart brand equivalent of Gatorade powder, in a ziplock baggy. The instant teas arent for me. I love iced tea, hot tea, regular, green, or herbal (tried them all), but the instant teas I just dont like, of course, were all different. I also like the Beverly at Epcot and most dont! :goodvibes The crystalite stuff is too darn expensive, and in my opinion isnt as good as the cheap walmart gatorade mix or tang mix. I bought a bunch of the Brita bottles once on clearance, but when I seen how much they were bringing on Ebay, I sold them! Tripled my money.

I always pack an extra suitcase with food so that we have an empty suitcase to bring souvineers home in. Even though we never plan to buy much we end up with so much to pack and bring home. I also pack a small tin with small packets of laundry soap. The soap won't break open during our flight and I have a container to put small breakables in to bring home. Our last trip we even packed some bottled water and propel. It was great.

Mousemom said:
I always pack an extra suitcase with food so that we have an empty suitcase to bring souvineers home in. Even though we never plan to buy much we end up with so much to pack and bring home. I also pack a small tin with small packets of laundry soap. The soap won't break open during our flight and I have a container to put small breakables in to bring home. Our last trip we even packed some bottled water and propel. It was great.

I have a carry on with snacks like granola bars, cereal bars, pop tarts, canned cheese spray ( no need to keep cold! ) and crackers, We are also doing the propel and also gatoraid in a suitcase! Beats buying the water in the park. We did cut our water back that we are taking, by taking some empty water bottles and packets of crystal light, that way the water in the park will taste better!! Only 13 days till we go!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter