Where will you never eat again in Epcot

In 2019, we looked forward to trying La Cantina de San Angel, as we had always liked the San Angel Inn Restaurante. It was a bit disappointing. In Spring, 2021 we were back at the Restaurante, and thought the meal was better, along with the atmosphere.
I've eaten there twice and had the same experience! Once was meh and the other was better.

Another no vote for Coral Reef.
I guess it's because we ate there when it was a designated place for those who wanted a quiet, romantic dinner. This was many years ago and before the dining plan, which I think dumbed down and homogenized the menus. It had the reputation of being exclusive and a romantic dinner destination for couples. NOW? We went there when the DP started, and it was crowded, LOUD with no ambience, except some fish in the aquarium. The accoustics were not designed for being Loud at all. It ruined the atmosphere of CR for me and my husband. It's too bad because we had no complaint about the food at all. We will never go there again.
We ate at Le Cellar once back when it was a very hard to get reservation. It was the one to get if you could. We loved the food and atmosphere. Haven't been back since, though. It would be sad if the quality of the steaks/food went downhill.
Went to else Cellier in September. It was our first time and it was perfection!

Another no vote for Coral Reef.
I guess it's because we ate there when it was a designated place for those who wanted a quiet, romantic dinner. This was many years ago and before the dining plan, which I think dumbed down and homogenized the menus. It had the reputation of being exclusive and a romantic dinner destination for couples. NOW? We went there when the DP started, and it was crowded, LOUD with no ambience, except some fish in the aquarium. The accoustics were not designed for being Loud at all. It ruined the atmosphere of CR for me and my husband. It's too bad because we had no complaint about the food at all. We will never go there again.
We ate at Le Cellar once back when it was a very hard to get reservation. It was the one to get if you could. We loved the food and atmosphere. Haven't been back since, though. It would be sad if the quality of the steaks/food went downhill.
I've said it before...I had ressies there SEVERAL times and always canceled. I had my doubts and I'm so glad I did. I don't regret it. There are so many other great places to eat at.

Seeing others mention La Hacienda de San Angel, I have to agree. We used to enjoy it, but the last couple of times we were there it was not good. We hoped that our first not so great experience was an outlier, so gave it another chance. Nope, it was even worse. Service was sloooooow. We actually prefer a more slow paced, relaxed meal, so for us to find it slow says something. My husband liked what he had, but wasn't wowed by it. I got the lobster tacos and they were practically inedible. The lobster was ok, but I truly hated the sauce and the lobster was drenched in it. I basically ate chips and salsa and whatever was on the side of my entree. Even the margaritas were just ok.

It used to be a nice place to watch Illuminations, but it's not the same for Harmonious. The placement of the barges don't really add up to a great viewing experience from there anymore. I doubt we will be back any time soon.

Last edited:
As many are saying it all depends on your interest, kids interests etc. If you are a true food lover and want really good food everywhere you dine, then many park restaurants will not live up to your standards. Many here have mentioned Coral Reef as a never do again. I have eaten there probably ten times. I am very into sea life, so I always enjoy looking at the aquariums as I eat. I passed this on to my children (my daughter is in college studying marine science) and from a very young age they have always loved dining there. They are 22 and 20 now and we just ate there last year, at their request. I agree the food is just so so and the prices are high for what you get. I have to weigh that against the enjoyment we all get from the aquariums / sea life, the staff and the nostalgic value we all get from going there and it's a win every time. If you have never been and enjoy aquariums then you should go. Don't ever count something out on others opinions. You know what they say about opinions right?

I'd like to see significant improvement at Chef's de France before I go back. The food was just OK, but my service was horrible. The server seemed much more inclined to flirt with the pretty young girls at a nearby table, so I got ignored for long stretches-I guess an old lady in an ECV just wasn't his type.
Be careful about what others say, though-we avoided Nine Dragons for years because of the negative reviews. But finally one day we felt brave and tried it-great food, service, atmosphere-we loved it.

As many are saying it all depends on your interest, kids interests etc. If you are a true food lover and want really good food everywhere you dine, then many park restaurants will not live up to your standards. Many here have mentioned Coral Reef as a never do again. I have eaten there probably ten times. I am very into sea life, so I always enjoy looking at the aquariums as I eat. I passed this on to my children (my daughter is in college studying marine science) and from a very young age they have always loved dining there. They are 22 and 20 now and we just ate there last year, at their request. I agree the food is just so so and the prices are high for what you get. I have to weigh that against the enjoyment we all get from the aquariums / sea life, the staff and the nostalgic value we all get from going there and it's a win every time. If you have never been and enjoy aquariums then you should go. Don't ever count something out on others opinions. You know what they say about opinions right?
And I soooo get this. We LOVED The Wave and many did not. We loved the atmosphere and the food. I also love RFC and every trip we do our first night in DS and eat at Planet Hollywood. I know...so many can't stand that place but we enjoy it. The menu is huge and I love looking at everything.

Me too. I always did the DD and I was shocked when I found out it's gone. We have paid OOP for a few meals here and there but even on the plan you know how much everything costs and I remember a few times thinking I would NEVER have paid that much for what I just ate.
Blue card and or annual pass help…. My mother swears by tables in wonderland … if that’s still a thing.

And I soooo get this. We LOVED The Wave and many did not. We loved the atmosphere and the food. I also love RFC and every trip we do our first night in DS and eat at Planet Hollywood. I know...so many can't stand that place but we enjoy it. The menu is huge and I love looking at everything.

I am a big fan of Planet Hollywood as well. My wife and I always go there as well. We went there on our honey moon 23 years agao when it was still Down Town Disney and always go back. My kids could always find something on the menu, even when they were super picky little ones. I have always liked there purple haze drink. Its always a good place to have a quick meal and you can always look around and see some cool stuff.

Question: when you say La Cantina de San Angel are you talking about the quick service or table service? Because La Hacienda is the table service and I’m getting confused (also never had a bad meal at La hacienda)

I think a few people are confused. That they use San Angel in the names for all three restaurants probably doesn't help.

San Angel Inn - TS restaurant inside the pyramid
La Hacienda de San Angel - TS restaurant on the lagoon
La Cantina de San Angel - QS

We were there in November and all of our favorites were just as wonderful as they always have been - Chefs de France, Le Cellier, and Tutto Italia. We did not eat at Coral Reef then but always enjoyed when we had a lunch there. We gave Space220 a chance it was pretty good.

Another note about the coral reef. When we ate there last year, they added a spicy margarita to the drink menu and it was phenomenal. It's made with Ancho Reyes green chili liqueur, so good. They also serve it at Crocket's Tavern in Fort Wilderness. I highly recommend it.

Our less than optimum experience in the Spring of 2019 was the La Hacienda de San Angel, the TS restaurant on the lagoon. We may give it another chance on our upcoming trip this October. My wife really likes Mex food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter