Where will you never eat again in Epcot

Our less than optimum experience in the Spring of 2019 was the La Hacienda de San Angel, the TS restaurant on the lagoon. We may give it another chance on our upcoming trip this October. My wife really likes Mex food.
I get it...so does my partner. I personally want to eat at places I normally don't have the chance to on vacation. To me, Mexican food is the same pretty much everywhere.

Teppan Edo. It just wasn't that good. i would rather go to Benihana. The sushi we got, which technically comes from Tokyo Dining, was good, and I would eat at Tokyo Dining, which we haven't done yet.

Question: when you say La Cantina de San Angel are you talking about the quick service or table service? Because La Hacienda is the table service and I’m getting confused (also never had a bad meal at La hacienda)
Oops! You are correct. I was talking about La Hacienda (the TS restaurant outside of the pyramid). I will edit my post.

Thanks!

Our less than optimum experience in the Spring of 2019 was the La Hacienda de San Angel, the TS restaurant on the lagoon. We may give it another chance on our upcoming trip this October. My wife really likes Mex food.
We read all the raving reviews about it and were so excited...wowsa it was sub par! One and done

Le Creperie de Paris - the food was meh and it's the only time we've ever had bad service at a WDW table service. There's too many other great places to eat to settle for meh.

Space 220 - The price is insane and we all know it. I'm ok with an insane Disney upcharge and only pre-fixe options but the food has to be good (not even great). Or the drinks have to be good enough that I don't care about the food. This place has neither.

I think I learned myself a lesson last trip in trying new restaurants too soon.
And Space 2020 is not a "Disney" restaurant right? Why did they outsource a signature dining experience?

Teppan Edo. It just wasn't that good. i would rather go to Benihana. The sushi we got, which technically comes from Tokyo Dining, was good, and I would eat at Tokyo Dining, which we haven't done yet.
We ate there once and it wasn’t impressive. It was good but not all the hype we had heard it was.

As someone above mentioned, never is a long time, but one other place I won't be rushing to return to is La Cava del Tequila. I had heard so much hype about that place, and we'd never been able to get in without an insane wait. Last Dec, we finally go into the take out line with only about a 10 minute wait. Our bartender was so rushed, borderline rude and the drinks were not good. I don't even remember for sure which one I got, but I believe it was the cucumber margarita. My husband got one of the spicy ones and didn't care for it either. I've heard that the drinks used to be hand mixed, but that was not the case for the ones we received. They were an awful pre-mixed, very expensive mistake.
Oh no that's sad to hear! I hope the pre-made drinks are just temporary. This is one of me and my wife's favorite places to go for a great avocado margarita! Always so tasty and good and the atmosphere was always fun and (duh) cave like. Haven't been in a few years. Hoping maybe it was also just too busy a day that the bartenders were having an off day.

Oh no that's sad to hear! I hope the pre-made drinks are just temporary. This is one of me and my wife's favorite places to go for a great avocado margarita! Always so tasty and good and the atmosphere was always fun and (duh) cave like. Haven't been in a few years. Hoping maybe it was also just too busy a day that the bartenders were having an off day.
I hope so too. I'm a margarita fan, so this place had been on my bucket list for a long time. Finally trying it and having such a bad experience was disappointing. I still see reviews where people love it, so maybe we did just hit a bad day for our bartender. But the premixed drink thing is real. There are pictures to be found online of the giant jugs stashed at the bar. Our bartender definitely didn't hand mix anything that we ordered. In all honesty the margaritas we had at the QS place in the Mexican pavilion were far better than what either of us at La Cava.

It's actually become the thing at our local "high-end" restaurants/bars for the bartenders to "pre-batch" their signature craft cocktails. Some of them even pour them out of a "tap." I personally don't like it -- but it's becoming more common than not in places that used to mix in front of you. It let's them control the ratio, and isn't the same thing as them using a commercially pre-made mix.

Garden Grill was one and done for us. Revolving Bob Evans, when there is so much interesting food.

Biergarten was fun…once.

Chefs deFrance. Teppan Edo. 9 dragons. All on account of better versions cheaper elsewhere.

On the other hand, first meal at Epcot is always Coral Reef and first dinner San Angel in the pyramid. Because…tradition. Food is better when the first course is tradition. We still have a stack of the plastic seahorses kids used to get in Coral Reef.

The only place I probably wouldn't really want to go back to is Akershus for dinner - I felt like all the choices were just different kinds of meat with gravy. I didn't like it very much. We love their breakfast, but dinner not so much.

I hope so too. I'm a margarita fan, so this place had been on my bucket list for a long time. Finally trying it and having such a bad experience was disappointing. I still see reviews where people love it, so maybe we did just hit a bad day for our bartender. But the premixed drink thing is real. There are pictures to be found online of the giant jugs stashed at the bar. Our bartender definitely didn't hand mix anything that we ordered. In all honesty the margaritas we had at the QS place in the Mexican pavilion were far better than what either of us at La Cava.

They also seem to be trying too hard lately. Everything has Ancho Reyes, one time we went and a bunch of margaritas had whiskey in them for unknown reasons. I used to love their Wild Passionfruit margarita, but it's morphed into something I don't even want to try.

Chefs de France--very bland and disappointing. This was back in 2015 but I have no desire to try it again.

For me it would be Le Cellier for me personally it's just not worth the price now, and then Space 220 it was good and it was a lot of fun but it's just not one I need to do again although space 220 unlike Le Cellier if I had someone in my party who hasn't been and wanted to go, I would go with them.

I can't say NEVER, because you never know when you could be in a group that has different preferences...or if you're like me and have a husband with dining amnesia.

Le Cellier, Via Napoli, San Angel, and Coral Reef are at the top of my list that we won't do unless we're in a group situation where it's a must for everyone else or DH forgets our bad experiences. Seriously, we've had multiple meh to bad experiences at Le Celllier, but he sees steaks and forgets everything! :rotfl2:

San Angel probably. I love the atmosphere, but the times we've been basically no one enjoyed the food.

Coral Reef we're been to many times, and while it's not the best meal generally it hasn't ever been bad or not worth going there.

Le Cellier has always been a favorite, but the pricing really got out of hand as well as not being able to get ADR's for it, so I've not been there for several years now.

We won't do any of those expensive fixed price menu places. Disney should design restaurants to be large enough to handle the expected attendance. Seems at many places (Space 220 is a good recent example), they design it too small then try to manage attendance by having an excessively pricey menu. We have ZERO intention to pay $50-60/per person for lunch no matter what 'theme' the restaurant has.

We ate at Coral Reef several years ago and thought the food was just average but enjoyed the view of the aquarium more then the actual ride. The ride used to include too many pointless waiting areas before you actually got to the aquarium. I can remember we all laughed when exiting the ride we were at ground level, so those supposed elevators down into the ocean (can't remember their name) actually went nowhere. I think the ride format has been reworked since then.

Enjoyed the Garden Grill during our last trip in 2019. Good food variety (family style as I recall) and the revolving restaurant was fun to enjoy while eating. There is also a good food court at the Land where we ate lunch. Everyone was able to find something they liked and reasonably priced food for lunch.

We generally eat lunch while at the park and then have dinner elsewhere. I can recall eating at the Canadian pavilion for dinner a number of years ago and we all thought the buffet was really good. Not sure if they still have that in the same format.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter