Where will you never eat again in Epcot

Sunshine seasons. This place was great many years ago (RIP the real pulled portk sandwatch they once had). Went when they first changed maybe 8-10 years ago maybe longer after not going for a long time wnetand it was not good went last year and it was not good. Lets just say I ordered a sandwich they took out 2 pieces of bread opened a draw and took a pre-made sized and all slapped on the bread and said take a bag of chips by the counter. Other people has different things from Asain to the chicken just not good. China I will eat at the CS but not the TS. The TS is just nothing better than decent Chinese American food I can get local for a lot less but I love Mongolian Beef at the CS which locally is not the same.

I don't think there are any I would refuse to dine at, so many vary from time to time. For instance, Chefs de France has been mentioned several times in this thread, but their quality, menu and experience changes every 2-3 years.

But I can't imagine I would ever volunteer Coral Reef, Nine Dragons, and San Angel Inn as options if asked. Plenty of others I consider overrated or overpriced, but I might do on a whim anyway.

They also seem to be trying too hard lately. Everything has Ancho Reyes, one time we went and a bunch of margaritas had whiskey in them for unknown reasons. I used to love their Wild Passionfruit margarita, but it's morphed into something I don't even want to try.

I absolutely agree with you! What is up with the addition of whiskey? I don't like whiskey--I like tequila! The Maelstrom used to be a favorite of mine. We received a newsy thing from one of the Disney sites that indicated it was back. I was excited until I read it now had whiskey. I just checked the menus online and don't see either version--then again, those menus have maybe 6 drinks listed and there are far more than that at La Cava. I used to enjoy the avocado, but the last two times I had it--it didn't agree with me. Not sure what changed with the way it was made, but I feel sure something did.

We ate at Coral Reef several years ago and thought the food was just average but enjoyed the view of the aquarium more then the actual ride. The ride used to include too many pointless waiting areas before you actually got to the aquarium. I can remember we all laughed when exiting the ride we were at ground level, so those supposed elevators down into the ocean (can't remember their name) actually went nowhere. I think the ride format has been reworked since then.
IIRC, the transportation to the bottom was via Hydrolators. Water elevator. Maybe those were the inspiration for the space elevator at Space 220.:rotfl2:

We used to really enjoy Chefs (years ago) but no desire to return. San Angel Inn, Le Cellier and Rose & Crown were one and done for us.

Via Napoli. Way, way too expensive for pizza that was meh. We also didn't care for Chefs De France but that was years ago.

Wish Garden Grill had breakfast because we'd be back there in a heartbeat. Hope to try Coral Reef someday.

Just a note for those saying Space 220 is too pricey - make a reservation for the lounge section instead. Still great views, and you can order off of the prix-fixe menu OR the lounge menu, so you could just get 1 app, or 1 drink, and be in and out. That's how we experienced it this past January, definitely worth it that way!

IIRC, the transportation to the bottom was via Hydrolators. Water elevator. Maybe those were the inspiration for the space elevator at Space 220.:rotfl2:

Yes, that's it.......LOL. I think those were eliminated from that ride since I don't recall using them last time we were there, maybe because it created a useless bottleneck. The new Star Wars hotel also has a simulated space flight to enter the hotel and I read about some kind of windowless 'delivery van' that takes you to the park. Saw another thread where some were quibbling about the scientific accuracy of Space 220 which seems like nonsense when it is clearly a simulated ride into space. I would guess Disney can pick/choose whatever version of scientific reality they want. We just enjoy the rides without worrying too much about what is real, make-believe or technically accurate.

Not one to usually complain about stuff so won't share the story but out of principle we won't go back to Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Norway. This place was over priced for the quality of food and overall presentation. I can understand if the whole point is to experience character dining though.

Space220 dinner - slow service, inattentive (asked for trading cards twice and never received - 3 sets), missing special order dessert (only apology); steak was so chewy you couldn’t cut it; no allergy accommodations - son had fruit and fries. I have no issue with the price given the demand and we book CRT/Topolinos/dessert parties etc

will try lounge for the calamari/barrata/atmosphere

S T A L K I N G!! We are celebrating our 40th and our son and DIL their 4th, so DH said DO IT! Thanks! Filet mignon here we come!!
Look for more recent reviews and YouTube videos. The food quality has been improving slowly throughout WDW. It could have been supply issues last year

Space220 dinner - slow service, inattentive (asked for trading cards twice and never received - 3 sets), missing special order dessert (only apology); steak was so chewy you couldn’t cut it; no allergy accommodations - son had fruit and fries. I have no issue with the price given the demand and we book CRT/Topolinos/dessert parties etc

will try lounge for the calamari/barrata/atmosphere
That’s really a shame. We ate there over spring break and had a wonderful experience. Two of my kids have allergies (milk, egg, pineapple) and they had lots of options. We all loved our food and the atmosphere.

That’s really a shame. We ate there over spring break and had a wonderful experience. Two of my kids have allergies (milk, egg, pineapple) and they had lots of options. We all loved our food and the atmosphere.
Wow! Can you elaborate on what they were able to offer. Our son is allergic to milk, eggs, cashews, sesame and kiwi (we got him tested at 5 months (his older sister has food allergies) and started peanuts and almonds early so he never developed those).

I was hoping to convince my family to try lunch but no one is interested (gave that up to get Topolinos, lost both reservations despite clicking multiple times-MDE would log me out each time). At the lounge we could order either menu so it would be good to know.

I had lounge reservations on our checkout (day 7) day but flights got cancelled so I had to give them up, but I’m still open to trying the lounge.

Via Napoli. For me it’s a no go. Others may love it but I’ve been to places that are known for top of the line brick oven pizza, and I am an amateur brick oven pizza chef myself lol. I know how it’s supposed to be cooked and it just doesn’t happen here anymore. I’ve been many times and in the beginning it was a good pizza. The care is gone from the place and they serve you garbage on a tray. The last pie I got was absolute garbage, it should’ve never left the kitchen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter