Where will you never eat again in Epcot

Unlikely I'll have a reason to go back to:
Via Napoli - I didn't enjoy the pizza (of all things) there
Coral Reef - The food wasn't memorable and the place made me feel claustrophobic
Biergarten - By the time I was nearly done eating, the band had begun to play again... once was enough.

Wow! Can you elaborate on what they were able to offer. Our son is allergic to milk, eggs, cashews, sesame and kiwi (we got him tested at 5 months (his older sister has food allergies) and started peanuts and almonds early so he never developed those).

I was hoping to convince my family to try lunch but no one is interested (gave that up to get Topolinos, lost both reservations despite clicking multiple times-MDE would log me out each time). At the lounge we could order either menu so it would be good to know.

I had lounge reservations on our checkout (day 7) day but flights got cancelled so I had to give them up, but I’m still open to trying the lounge.
Obviously my kids have different allergies than yours but they got salmon, broccolini, and green beans, with sherbert for desert. They were also able to get a special lemonade drink in a rocket souvenir cup.

Obviously my kids have different allergies than yours but they got salmon, broccolini, and green beans, with sherbert for desert. They were also able to get a special lemonade drink in a rocket souvenir cup.
I asked them for grilled veggies and they refused. It’s good to know they’re accommodating milk because that was the main concern.

I asked them for grilled veggies and they refused. It’s good to know they’re accommodating milk because that was the main concern.
I don’t think the veggies were grilled - they were probably pan cooked /steamed, possibly with oil. I’m not sure what type of oil they used. The salmon was also just plain but my youngest in particular loves salmon.

I don’t think the veggies were grilled - they were probably pan cooked /steamed, possibly with oil. I’m not sure what type of oil they used. The salmon was also just plain but my youngest in particular loves salmon.
They refused any veggies (steamed would have been acceptable as well). I think they said something about the oil and dairy being problematic which surprised me as it’s never been a problem anywhere else and seemed like an excuse. They also kept cutting me off when I made suggestions and were very rigid in what they can give - fries and plain dried steak? I think they were severely understaffed and maybe ran out of veggies/fish so were making things up.

We went about a month after they had just opened so maybe they were still did not have their act together.

Definitely will not return to Coral Reef. Food was mediocre at best for the price and my daughter's chicken was raw in the middle!

MP. I don't think it has reopened yet and just as well. It tries to be a true fine dining experience with accompanying prices, but it jsut isn't.
Maybe we have been lucky, but we have never had a bad meal there. Much better experience there than Chef de France. That has been very hit or miss, with more misses.

Maybe we have been lucky, but we have never had a bad meal there. Much better experience there than Chef de France. That has been very hit or miss, with more misses.
Agreed - I’ve only ever had excellent meals at Monsieur Paul. Chefs de France I found to be fairly average.

Two we won't return to most likely:

Le Cellier (I only ordered apps while there) and DH is insistent we never return. He said we can get way better around here for a fraction of the price. He wasn't impressed with his steak at all, and he's not a picky eater, lol.

Akershus because I got super ill after eating here for the 1st time (and I had been SO excited for this one), but I just can't look at it the same, lol. I do believe it was something on the buffet since that was the thing I ate different from my family. So yeah, buffets are now ruined for me too 🙃

Marrakesh was so-so, but I think it was our server more than anything else on that one. I wouldn't be totally against it in the future.
And I soooo get this. We LOVED The Wave and many did not. We loved the atmosphere and the food. I also love RFC and every trip we do our first night in DS and eat at Planet Hollywood. I know...so many can't stand that place but we enjoy it. The menu is huge and I love looking at everything.
We were big fans of the Wave too! Only got to eat there 2 or 3 times by the time we discovered it, it was gone.

Le Cellier. We dined there 2008-ish, and the experience was just shy of terrible. We had poor service, our steaks were tough and not well seasoned. I had mentioned I was lactose intolerant, and all seemed well until I got my food-a bland steak on a plate, only garnished with a potato like substance reminiscent of pablem, which it tasted like. Nothing else. Just meat and baby food.

My guy's was about as bad.

I've had thoughts of giving the place a second chance but he won't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Coral Reef- been twice, years apart, food deeply disappointing both times.
Garden Grill- love the revolving, love the scenery, love the characters, don't love the food. Probably won't go back until if and when we are bringing grandchildren.

Le Cellier. We dined there 2008-ish, and the experience was just shy of terrible. We had poor service, our steaks were tough and not well seasoned. I had mentioned I was lactose intolerant, and all seemed well until I got my food-a bland steak on a plate, only garnished with a potato like substance reminiscent of pablem, which it tasted like. Nothing else. Just meat and baby food.

My guy's was about as bad.

I've had thoughts of giving the place a second chance but he won't touch it with a 10 foot pole.
Yikes?!!! I’m not paying those prices for meat & baby food

Nine Dragons. I’ve eaten there twice and both times were simply “meh”.

I was just looking to make an ADR for our next trip and I realized that I no longer have a “must do” restaurant in Epcot since they ruined Spice Road Table.

For us it’s Space 220. Not horrible food but just so out of line with the cost, and we’re not afraid to spend for nice meals when the value is there. One and done for our table of five (2-families).

We have so many wonderful restarants near our home, that we honestly don't just do that much table service at Disney. We are fine with pricey meals but in our heads we are thinking how much better the food would be at home at x, y, z restaurant. So we mostly stick to counter service or off-site table service that isn't expensive. (We've tried most everything once though so that probably helps with us feeling like we don't need to do TS any more.)

Coral Reef
San Angel

We have been disappointed at both of these more than once. Never again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter