White noise machine

stout

Mouseketeer
We are looking for a white noise machine for DD10. The birds wake her up at 5am. She goes to bed at 9pm and we would like her to sleep until 6am. Most have 60 or 90 minute timers, but she needs something that will run at least 9 hours. We don’t want to use her iPad, as she has screen time limits on that. Suggestions? Thank you!

We are looking for a white noise machine for DD10. The birds wake her up at 5am. She goes to bed at 9pm and we would like her to sleep until 6am. Most have 60 or 90 minute timers, but she needs something that will run at least 9 hours. We don’t want to use her iPad, as she has screen time limits on that. Suggestions? Thank you!
I have an electric air purifier. I know it doesn't purify, but turn it on at night and it runs until turned off in the AM. Kids have one in their rooms too. I think it's Honeywell, paid maybe $50-60.

Maybe use a radio set at a low volume on a station that places soothing music? Probably would be less expensive then those white noise machines. Small/inexpensive fans also make enough of their own noise to drown out the birds. You could point the fan away from the bed so she isn't sleeping in a draft.

We've been using Conair machines for years. I did have to replace mine a few years back. Son uses one too, similar model. The ones we use have several sounds from which to choose. I only use the continuous sounds, never anything like waves, or alternating sounds, just a steady sound. There are at least 2 options on the machines for that. We plug them into the wall, so can run all night/day, or whatever you need.
The previous posters' options look nice. If we need to replace ours, we'll look into those too.

My son and his family have an air purifier in each of their bedrooms (3) that run all night. It has three levels of sound - sounds like an airplane in the room. They can't sleep without it. Blocks most of the noise outside.

They has two smaller ones that they take on vacations - not as loud but helps the kids.

Go to Goodwill and pickup a small portable TV. Tune it to a channel number that isn't used in your area. Probably the least expensive option.

My dd10 uses a small desktop fan. I would have recommended the specific one, but it died when we got to Disney. I have been having to run a sleep app this week 🥺

We use just a standard box fan set on low and pointed away from the bed so there's no draft. I don't even hear the neighbor's truck come in at night. And those box fans are cheap at walmart or whatever. Plus, if we ever need a fan, we have one!

If you have an echo or similar device you can have it play it. I have mine set up to play the sound of rain on a metal roof when I want it to.

We have used a Sound Oasis sound machine for years set on the sound of ocean waves. The white noise really helps us to fall asleep within minutes and helps us get back to sleep if we wake up in the middle of the night. It will run all night and not stop until we turn it off in the morning. We travel with it also. In the summer we use a fan that is louder than the sound machine. Birds are rather loud so the sound machine may not be loud enough to mask them completely.

Thank you for all of the suggestions! We went the easy route and got her a table top fan to try. Used it for one week so far. She loves it! She regularly fell asleep in the car on way to school in the morning…hasn’t done that for a full week now. I wish I would have bought it earlier. Thank you!

We use a sound bar and a USB drive with various noise tracks on it. My favorite is the pirate ship, but there's rain, storms, ocean waves, fans etc all found online for free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter