Who Fartleked?: Putting the FUN back in the RUN - all the way to Goofy '09

And I agree Stacie...:snooty: :snooty: :snooty:

OK...kidding Scott. But an "aquatic center"? Seriously? In my day they called it a pool. :laughing:

swimpage.jpg

BridgeMill’s 2-acre Aquatic Center is a water wonderland of fun covering more than 24,000 square feet of dazzling, blue water surface. Take a ride down the Twin Water Tower Slides. Unwind in the Hydro Spa. Challenge friends at the Lap Lanes or Water Volleyball. Swim all three connecting Mega Pools. Or enjoy the fun at our Children’s Play Pool, Synchronized Splash Fountain and Waterfall Island. Whether you dive in, grab a lounge chair and relax or meet friends at the adjoining Recreation Center. Make no mistake this is the place to be for summer fun.

:snooty:

Scott? So where do you keep your private jet? Is there a hangar in your backyard or is there a Bridgemill Flight Center? :confused3

Hmmmm...cereal for dinner. I don't know ANYBODY who would choose to eat cereal...or say.... a grilled cheese for dinner. :confused3

And it was 2 (TWO) grilled cheese sandwiches, not one :)

OMG...I go to lunch and look at how much fun you have without me! :goodvibes

Om...Can I move to your neighborhood??? OMG! That is a really big pool! Om, I mean aquatics center...

So, how about you jump on your jet and come pick us up for the Minnie?

"At BridgeMill, we’re all about doing things big. ...And when it comes to fun, BridgeMill wrote the book on it. ... After all, our 2-acre Aquatic Center is something you just have to see for yourself."

Field trip to Scott's house!

"At BridgeMill, we're all about doing things big" That just made me laugh... Had to share! :lmao: I thought that was Texas...not Georigia???

"Swim Lessons for all ages" That's you Scott!!!

Oh, and I think you should take up Tai Chi... Jazzercise would be good cardio too! lol!

fitnesspage.jpg

Someone's been on the bridgemill.com website!!

I wish all of those classes were still offered! (sucking people in with misinformation...tsk tsk)...no Jazzercise, no tai chi, no pilates (oops, one pregnancy pilates class every monday), no kickboxing, no power boxing...they really need to update some stuff ;)

....and to think I'm looking for someplace else to workout....

I will say it IS nice to have miles and miles to run on thru the neighborhood, that's probably the biggest benefit. Now if the weather would help me out a little so I could actually run outdoors again. Today we've got 20-30 mph winds whipping around & that's just not fun...looks like it's Mr. Treadmill again tonight for me.

False advertisement! You should take legal action! :goodvibes

Good lord... 20-30 mph winds! That not good for a joyride in your jet! lol!

In all seriousness, I hope you find what you're looking for in a fitness center... We don't have many choices in our small town. Seems each have different features... If I could just mush them all together!

Hope you have a fun on the TM tonight!!!

You guys are so much fun! I really needed to smile today! :upsidedow

Stacie

WOW! It is hard to keep up with you guys these days!!

All I have to say is...I want to move to your neighborhood! That 'aquatic center' is awesome!! We don't have stuff like that up here in Northern NJ...that's because there is no room to build anything like that! :rotfl2:

I hope the search for a new fitness center works out! I wish I had some better choices than what is here, but I have to stick with Bally's.

Glad to hear that you are back at it and working out again!!

Thanks people!

Nice to see we can all have some fun around here!

I did 40 minutes on the treadmill tonight (4.41 miles / 9:04 pace). I started off thinking I'd be all bada__ and set the machine on 'random'...I threw my towel over the LED screen and started running. Next thing I know, the machine keeps rising and rising and rising...felt like I was going straight uphill!! The thing had maxed itself out on a 10% grade incline and there I was just huffing along :rotfl: As soon as it went back down that first hill, I clicked on manual and ran the rest of the way on 'flat' surfaces...no need for that much craziness today :) It was a pretty funny moment though. (doesn't come accross too well in the journal, much better story when told in person...especially because I like to exaggerate and embellish...I know you find that hard to believe)

I'm still extremely hungry and ready to eat everything in sight. I'm told that this will pass and is just due to upping the food intake during the last few weeks of marathon training. I'm hoping it will end quickly or that scale is gonna start moving in the wrong direction.

Hope y'all have a good night (a lil' southern there for ya')

Good Morning! Glad to hear other than climbing Mt. Everest that you had a good treadmill workout! :goodvibes Look at that pace! Way to go!!!

What's on tap for the weekend???

Stacie

Congrats on beating the evil treadmill. Sounds like it was possessed to me! Maybe it knows you are about to defect to a much better facility!!

I have to say I so admire your tenacity. No break for you - right back into the exercise after coming home from a successful Goofy event! No wonder you are in such great shape and your times are so good! Keep going - you're still inspiring us out here!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Susan

Kind of quiet around here tonight....

Maybe I'm just the only one without a life...sitting around on a Friday night waiting for the X-Games to start...wow....kind of pathetic.

I did manage 30 minutes on the elliptical tonight...nothing interesting to report there, just the same ol' same ol'...

Hope all is well with everyone!

I'm here looking for rental car deals for May. Wanna help? :confused3 :laughing:

Enjoy the X Games!

SURE!! Got the Mousesaver discounts to look up?? I recently rented a car in San Francisco and Alamo was the best deal. There are TONS of codes out there...

There are TONS of codes out there...

Yeah, it's kind of overwhelming. :headache: I somehow confirmed a reservation with national when I was just trying to put in a code to get a price. :rotfl:

Sorry, this is a running/fitness journal. I'll stop buggin' ya! Have a great weekend.

...off to go look for rental car discounts...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter