Give me God, Flowers, Baby Yoda and Disney
- Mar 4, 2020
I am really on the fence about going this year or even next year with no cure found. What about you?
I really want to go too! I had to cancel my trip I scheduled in March and it stinks thinking I won't be able to go back until next fall if I wait for a cure. Sigh.We have some pre-existing factors so very nervous about going back. On the flip side, we are longing to go to our beloved Disney. So...I just don't know. Keep hoping for a miracle but now trying to steel myself to the possibility that it may be a solid year or more before we can go again.
Definitely no plans for this year, and most likely next. Can't see when we would ever feel safe in crowds like Disney, and can't see how it could be any different, as that is what Disney is!! Will just have to wait and see how all of this pans out.I am really on the fence about going this year or even next year with no cure found. What about you?
I personally don't think there will be a "cure" for Covid-19. I could see a vaccine potentially being developed, but there are already 3 known strands of Covid-19 floating around in the world (at least according to some news stories I read). One is the original Wuhan strand, a European strand that hit the east coast, and a different strand on the west coast. If there is a vaccine, I see it as being more like a flu shot. Getting the flu shot doesn't mean you can't get the flu, but it may lessen the effects of one if you do get it.I am really on the fence about going this year or even next year with no cure found. What about you?
True, but there's a HUGE difference between going to see people that you know have also been strictly quarantined versus visiting WDW!I am not hung up on needing a cure or vaccine. Reality is that there may never be one.
Telling methat we will have to socially distance until a vaccine or cure is found is telling me there is a chance I will never see my parents or sister again.
I have a trip sitting in August that I rescheduled from March that I am having a hard time rescheduling again. Hence the post.It depends. We still have an uncancelled trip in a few weeks. (I can't bring myself to cancel it). I'm toying w/rescheduling to post christmas. I really wanted one last trip as a family of 3 but it looks like we'll just do a first trip as a family of four earlier than I was planning.
Exactly, this so so true. It is obvious from even this board the biggest issue in going forward is overcoming the fear. While yes there are still unknowns, we will know more over the next month or so about the virus, we already learned so much after a few weeks. We will be able to address it much much better and surgically. I think there is a very good quote about fear that would apply...Yes we will. I need to create a macro so I can quit typing this out, but the point of social distancing isn't to hide at home forever preventing risk of infection. Its to make sure there are enough hospitals beds for those that need it.