Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

Pre-race meetups (for races starting at Epcot) are at the light pole closest to the gear bag trucks, and the mid-weekend hangout meeting is at Hurricane Hanna’s at Beach Club.
Is Hurricane Hanna's *within* Stormalong Bay? I know they're pretty strick about letting in non-resort guests.

Is Hurricane Hanna's *within* Stormalong Bay? I know they're pretty strick about letting in non-resort guests.

We've never had an issue with the meet-ups as far as I know. I've never even seen anyone question the group. Usually someone in the group is staying there, though.

For someone that has registered for Wine and Dine 2022, can you confirm what questions can not be changed once your registration is complete? I believe it is name, DOB, gender, and email. Is that correct? I want to update this guide with that information.

Registration Run-Down w/ Images! (A comprehensive run-down of the registration process) & Part 2
Yes, just those four. If you want to list them in the order of the registration its EMAIL ADDRESS, NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, and then GENDER

Are they still doing the charity/travel agent bibs? After running the springtime surprise weekend, I just decided I would like to do wine and dine weekend (preferably the half!) but it's sold out :(
You might want to start looking at charity pages now. Some do unadvertised pre-registration as they know the number of bibs they are getting but can't officially sign people up until their contract is signed. American Cancer Society's site says their bibs are all spoken for through pre-registration and they now have a wait list. It may take some digging as Disney hasn't announced their charity partners yet, so you'd need to check with past partners, not all of whom may be participating this year.

Anyone know how close to race day can we edit our pace estimate and have it affect our corral placement? I played it safe when registering so we're not in a corral that is too fast for us but if we get back to our previous pace during training then I'd like to edit it so we move forward into a quicker corral, since we're intending to run most of it. Wondering how late that can be done / when corral placement is decided? I'm not sure how the corral assignments work now, the last runDisney race I did was in 2016 and I believe things have changed a bit since then.

Per the info from the RD website for the half.....

"Proof of Time must be submitted at the time of registration. You may change your proof of time until the deadline of August 2, 2022."

For the 5k/10k....

"You may change your anticipated per mile until the deadline of August 2, 2022."

Waiting to be medically cleared to return to running post-labor and I’m going stir crazy 🤪 Can’t wait to start training for the Half! I like the suggestion of doing a 5k and 10k training first, gonna try that.
The timing is perfect! I started the 5k training today. :) The Galloway training guides have a 13 wk program for the 5k and 18 wk for the 10k and that gets us exactly to W&D weekend!! Best of luck to you both baby-wise and training-wise!

If you are looking for an overall running specific strength program, I use RunSmart online which was developed by the physical therapist that I work with in person (I feel very lucky that he is local) and he is very skilled at getting and keeping runners healthy.
@sandam1 Thank you for mentioning runsmart - I signed up for the program and I'm already hooked! Lots of great tips and videos. I'm training for a half in late May and I am switching to this training plan now. Great stuff! Thanks again

@sandam1 Thank you for mentioning runsmart - I signed up for the program and I'm already hooked! Lots of great tips and videos. I'm training for a half in late May and I am switching to this training plan now. Great stuff! Thanks again

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying it. I love it because a) it works and b) it totally makes sense to me. I've learned so much from all of Steve's explanations which are understandable to my very non-scientific mind. Once I grasped the concepts, it was like "oh, well, of course this is how you do it. Why would I do it any other way?"

I'd love to hear what you think of the training plans. I haven't used them since there isn't anything readily available for back to back races like the Disney challenges, but I've heard that they get great results.

I really like it too!! I might keep it even after I complete the race I'm training for just as a regular "stay in shape for the next race" routine.

I really like it too!! I might keep it even after I complete the race I'm training for just as a regular "stay in shape for the next race" routine.
I started it as well. Haven't been great at doing it regularly but am usually getting at least something in every week. I can definitely tell it is targeting areas I need the help.

I started it as well. Haven't been great at doing it regularly but am usually getting at least something in every week. I can definitely tell it is targeting areas I need the help.

Whenever I feel it afterward, I alternate between cussing Steve out and thinking "well, I guess I need to work out that area more often."

I find it easier to integrate since I'm still in recovery mode and not running so much. But I know that I'm going to need some accountability partners to remind me that the strength is just as important as the mileage once I dive into a training plan.

Whenever I feel it afterward, I alternate between cussing Steve out and thinking "well, I guess I need to work out that area more often."

I find it easier to integrate since I'm still in recovery mode and not running so much. But I know that I'm going to need some accountability partners to remind me that the strength is just as important as the mileage once I dive into a training plan.
Same here.....on both topics. Definitely taking it slow getting back to running. I'd call it aggressive walking with purpose right now. Just focusing on the other stuff to build a solid base before I do start training. And I also def need some extra reminders to hold myself accountable. If the darn weather would warm up just a little in IL it would be so much easier to get out and get moving around.

Wondering if anyone can share some advice around training. I've taken over a year off from running. So at this point, with respect to training guides, I'm considering myself a "new" runner. I'm registered for the W&D 10k. So my main question is, with this much time ahead of us, and since the 10k training guide (Galloway) starts around the end of July I can 1. just start it now but at a slower increase 2. pick up the 5k training guide first and train for that distance until 10k training starts 3. wait and just do my other workout activities like walking, yoga, weights, bicycle. Has anyone been in this boat before....basically starting from scratch training but with lots of time before your race? What did you do and was it successful? My main goal is to not get injured. That's why I stopped running in the first place. Very appreciative of any advice, experience, tips! TIA
Yes I’ve been in this boat before! My top three pieces of advice:
1) add mileage slowly. Like VERY slowly. Definitely no more than 10% weekly. At this point I would spend from now til june or July “base building” to 3-4 miles 3 times a week and then start a training plan sometime in july or august. For 10ks I do at the end of sept I train up to 9-10 miles or so starting in July. July or august is not really too early for November.
2) walking counts as mileage when u r trying not to do too much too fast (too much too fast is always my path to injury)
3) be careful with surfaces. Especially hills if u had/have PF.

Bonus: watch your shoes. Make sure they work for U and replace when needed! (2nd most common injury cause for me…)

Have a great training season!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter