Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

Yes I’ve been in this boat before! My top three pieces of advice:
1) add mileage slowly. Like VERY slowly. Definitely no more than 10% weekly. At this point I would spend from now til june or July “base building” to 3-4 miles 3 times a week and then start a training plan sometime in july or august. For 10ks I do at the end of sept I train up to 9-10 miles or so starting in July. July or august is not really too early for November.
2) walking counts as mileage when u r trying not to do too much too fast (too much too fast is always my path to injury)
3) be careful with surfaces. Especially hills if u had/have PF.

Bonus: watch your shoes. Make sure they work for U and replace when needed! (2nd most common injury cause for me…)

Have a great training season!
All very wise advice. Some of which I am doing already. I think I also start back up too hard after a period of rest and end up doing damage. I've forced myself to start building mileage ONLY walking. I can already feel my body want to start running when I'm out there but I'm going to commit to walking only thru mid-May at least maybe more. It feels great just to be doing something regular again and that's enough for me right now. It took me some time a while back to find the right shoes but I love my Brooks and I got another pair of the same and use my arch support insoles (podiatrist approved) in both.

The longer that MW half stays open the more tempted I am to book a follow up 1/2 marathon for after this race weekend!!

WOW! ETA they are ALL sold out now!

Just pre ordered a Dottie Encanto skirt for W&D. :wave: Guess I have my costume theme!
I know what I want for the 5K, I just can’t find exactly the right thing anywhere 😭😭 I still have no clue what I’m doing for the 10K and Half.

I have an "Inspo" pic in my camera roll and I google doc with notes about what I want.... my To Do List This far out is...

5K: Make Skort with fabric in the craft room, take black tank from room or buy a new 'crisp' one to add vinyl detailing and sleeves with access fabric from skort, get a flower crown at claires or spirit come Halloween season

10K: Get fabric in the needed color for a skort, add detailing to a shirt I already own optionally I might make a prop and/or get some fishnet thigh highs to try and layer with my running socks

Anyone know where the race typically starts? Looking at staying at Beach Club or Riveria but may change pending on start location.

Anyone know where the race typically starts? Looking at staying at Beach Club or Riveria but may change pending on start location.
Races start in parking lots outside of Epcot. Where you stay is largely inconsequential if you are staying on site. You use bus transport to get there. No walking in to the start area from neighboring resorts.

The 5k starts and ends in the Epcot parking lot.

The 10k and half start in the MK parking lot and end in the Epcot parking lot.

Races start in parking lots outside of Epcot. Where you stay is largely inconsequential if you are staying on site. You use bus transport to get there. No walking in to the start area from neighboring resorts.

I think you can walk to the start of the 10k and half if you're staying at the Poly or GF, unless they've changed that. Other than that, though, just about all resorts are going to be roughly the same for race transportation.

Last edited:
The 5k starts and ends in the Epcot parking lot.

The 10k and half start in the MK parking lot and end in the Epcot parking lot.
Duh. I have done that weekend twice now and I have no idea why I was thinking those were the same parking lots! It’s the early morning fogginess and all parking lots look the same!

Duh. I have done that weekend twice now and I have no idea why I was thinking those were the same parking lots! It’s the early morning fogginess and all parking lots look the same!
2016 10K was Epcot to Epcot and half was WWoS to Epcot & 2015-2018 5K was DAK

I don’t know pre 2016 as I started that year with the inaugural 10k

Do most of you go to the expo first thing in the morning the day that you go? We're trying to fit in some park days and I'm thinking of hitting AK first thing in the morning on Expo day (Friday for us) and then heading to the Expo later in the afternoon after we've done a day at AK. Good idea....bad idea.....why?

Do most of you go to the expo first thing in the morning the day that you go? We're trying to fit in some park days and I'm thinking of hitting AK first thing in the morning on Expo day (Friday for us) and then heading to the Expo later in the afternoon after we've done a day at AK. Good idea....bad idea.....why?
Considering you are planning Expo Friday official merchandise will be pretty picked over already so time of day won’t matter and waits won’t be as crazy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter