Winnie and the adventures of the Hundred Acres woods gang.

So we have made it to the campground, got propane, and backed in to our site. DW is working on dinner, shrimp and rice. Apparently we ended up with our site right smack dab in the middle of the 4 family we started camping last year and have zero campground ettiquite group.

LoL Sounds like a KOA weekend!

As for the ettiquite part, yea that is a thing. When we did the Northeast Dis M&G, the first stop we had in Lake Placid, NY, there were at least 3 or 4 people who thought otherwise. While I was setting up my trailer, 2 people just walked right though the site. It was 2 older people. I thought to myself, " the site next to us is vacant. why not that one?" Continued to work on the trailer set up. Same crap a bit later, my wife of all people suggested I should rope off the site. It might get the message across. After the 2 night there, I was ready to grab my 3/8 inch clothline rope and set it up. Instead, I said something to the effrect of please do not cut though my site. The old lady gave me a look like I was the problem. Folks never take the site right in front of the park entrance where all the amenities are.

Stupid enter button.

Last weekend the family and I were camping in Gettysburg. We had a blast. My daughter got to play some rugby too on that trip. Turned out both monster 5ers next to me were new campers (which I previously mentioned in detail on another post) At least they were well behaved.

Going seasonal this year, I will be surrounded by people who I know. So if they cut though my site, it will be OK cause I granted them the ability to do so. If I know you, no problem. Cut right though. Heck one of them is the activity director for the campground so it is really no big thing. I look forward going seasonal this year.

Last edited:
So today started off pretty cool, in the low 40's. All day had been sweatshirt weather. Here are some pictures of our campsite.
174590703_4155993597755591_216114441180156066_n.jpg

Reba loves the front window and being able to see all that is going on.

174665337_4155993297755621_5025470646732821874_n.jpg

From the hill near the lake behind our campsite.

174038644_4155993257755625_1376751489041633229_n.jpg

Again from behind our campsite.

175344997_4155992951088989_2906845918068334127_n.jpg

From the front.

173119667_4155992871088997_2531911810884040268_n.jpg

From just to the side of the site, hit the site first time, and where I wanted to be.

173977615_4155992731089011_796436582376725012_n.jpg

Front Dash....

Have a great time. The rig looks really nice.

Do you travel with everything on the dash?

j

Yeah reba loves that window. Both mallory and yeti loved it. Obviously Mallory is always laying down but when she sat up on her own she would look out. Yeti normally traveled in a crate but he would get the chance to look out and loved it.

looks fantastic can’t wait to see you in less than 8 weeks ☺️

Well today concluded our first outing in the new to us motorhome. We did pretty well, couple of things to work on, but so far nothing major. Have a noise coming from hot water heater when running a faucet but that maybe the pressure relief valve that was leaking. Need to change the color bulb for the outside light, to orange, for bugs. That is just thinking ahead on my part. End of the trip I could not get my outside faucet to work, which had been working, so have to see about that. Otherwise it went good, need to clean and wax the roof, to prevent streaks down windshield and sides. DW cooked in the convection microwave and dinners were both good. We ran the heat pump for the weekend with no problems.

But wow, pre covid to post covid, the camping crowd talk about inconsiderate. Just wow. I wanted to honk the air horn at the lady eating in front of our rig, like 2 feet in front of the windshield, DW would not let me. Kept hoping drunk mom got stuck in the camper compartment playing hide and seek, thought that would have been fun to explain to the fire dept. Kids and dad throwing a football in our campsite driveway toward our windshield.
Heard a group as we are packing up to leave stating when they came back the next time they needed their 7 campsites together. Well the group surrounding us had 5 I believe it was, and two vehicles of day visitors. It looked like a tailgate at a college football game.
We have one other weekend there, and then that maybe it for us, there. We have State Parks booked the rest of the year other than PF trip.

Glad the new rig is working out. I agree with the COVID crowd, not so much here in the Keys, but at the Mims Koa with kids walking through the campsite, the camp workers not following the quiet hours or people with Harleys that are staying there and making there bike blat every time they drive through the campground, I get it, you ride a Harley, quite reving (sp) your engine.

I been hearing about this more. I expect a lot more on both sides. People who are inconsiderate to you, and then there with be the whiners that call the front office because you have music playing that is barely audible outside the boundaries of your site.

I am glad the rig did well for the first trip. We are looking forward to our adventures an I been strategically trying to reserve spaces with nothing behind us or in one case a 20' retaining wall so I should be able to avoid people crossing our campsite.

I been hearing about this more. I expect a lot more on both sides. People who are inconsiderate to you, and then there with be the whiners that call the front office because you have music playing that is barely audible outside the boundaries of your site.

I am glad the rig did well for the first trip. We are looking forward to our adventures an I been strategically trying to reserve spaces with nothing behind us or in one case a 20' retaining wall so I should be able to avoid people crossing our campsite.

That was the worst part, there is a whole big grass area behind the sites we were in. And I mean really, you can't walk the additional 5 feet out to the road, but crossing my site 70 times to refresh ones beer was no problem. Had it been warmer we would have spent more time outside and the dog would have eliminated the site crossing for sure.
I am all for everyone having fun, but the two biggest offenders were Grandma and Grandpa who were probably born in the 50's and were taught to respect others. Obviously not passing it on. Ok, I am off my soapbox.

Foolish Mortals left today with the new owners. Was not sad as our new setup is a nice rig, and once we get everything sorted out, will be very nice.

Good luck with it! What type of noise from the water heater? Like a pump pressure thing or something else? Could be the backflow in the pump?

Good luck with it! What type of noise from the water heater? Like a pump pressure thing or something else? Could be the backflow in the pump?

no we were on city water, so no pump on at all. sound coming from around the water heater area, probably drawing air back thru the pressure relief valve.

Ever think, Oh this project will be easy. All I needed to do was replace my pressure relief valve on the hot water heater. So much for that. I will now be installing a new tankless water heater instead. DW was not thrilled, but does understand. Of course I am the one doing the work.
Another project for another day, heater ordered, will work on it once it arrives. 3 out of 4 weekends in May we are camping, so we will see when I can squeeze the replacement in.

Ever think, Oh this project will be easy. All I needed to do was replace my pressure relief valve on the hot water heater. So much for that. I will now be installing a new tankless water heater instead. DW was not thrilled, but does understand. Of course I am the one doing the work.
Another project for another day, heater ordered, will work on it once it arrives. 3 out of 4 weekends in May we are camping, so we will see when I can squeeze the replacement in.
Are you going with a Aqua Hot. or a propane fueled system? We have a Hydro Hot (Older version of the Aqua Hot but with no electric option for hot water/furnace) We also have a 10gal residential water heater. We pretty much use the electric since we never boondock. I've had some issues with the Hydro Hot and I have heard that the propane burners use a lot of gas just because it takes some time for the heated water to get to where it's needed. Just a suggestion/question, do you have a residential or propane water heater now? If it's propane have you thought of a residential?

Are you going with a Aqua Hot. or a propane fueled system? We have a Hydro Hot (Older version of the Aqua Hot but with no electric option for hot water/furnace) We also have a 10gal residential water heater. We pretty much use the electric since we never boondock. I've had some issues with the Hydro Hot and I have heard that the propane burners use a lot of gas just because it takes some time for the heated water to get to where it's needed. Just a suggestion/question, do you have a residential or propane water heater now? If it's propane have you thought of a residential?

The current water heater was a dual Atwood, electric and propane. I did look at residential units ,but the one we ordered has good reviews. So we will see. The only big downside may be if I need to replace the door, as I will have to have it painted to match. And that is an area where 3 colors are.
Have been up on the roof removing the old crank up antenna. Everything is removing, now to wipe down with alcohol, and start to assemble and seal everything up. Back on the roof once again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter