Wish Lounge Hours with Under 18s

Disney102015

Mouseketeer
It looks like some (but maybe not all?) bars/lounges are open to people under 18 before a certain time (8 or 9pm). Is this applicable for all lounges? Or are there certain lounges that are 18+ regardless of time? Thanks!

In addition to what was mentioned above, the app (when you're onboard) should tell you which are 18+ all the time.

Please don't take this the wrong way but why would you want to take someone under 18 in a bar or lounge? Is there some sort of family activity going on or a special event.
I remember in the past there was a family activity in O Gills on the Fantasy and all ages were aloud in to participate however I think it was done before the bar opened.

Please don't take this the wrong way but why would you want to take someone under 18 in a bar or lounge? Is there some sort of family activity going on or a special event.
I remember in the past there was a family activity in O Gills on the Fantasy and all ages were aloud in to participate however I think it was done before the bar opened.
I have not been on the Wish, but on the other ships, there have been events such as crafts, trivia, and musical performances in bars and lounges. There are also non-alcoholic beverages available whenever bars are open. The Navigator descriptions of activities indicate whether they are adults-only or open to all, and as mentioned, indicate when lounges become or are always adults-only.

Not OP but I'll share my 'why'. We sailed on the Dream and my son wanted nothing to do with the kids clubs. My husband and I love having a nice cocktail together and unfortunately never had the chance to enjoy the beautiful adult only area forward because our son was never allowed. I can easily bring toys and games to entertain him while there. It was actually my only comment I added to the post cruise survey - even if it was only one bar open for 1 hour, it would have been nice to be able to enjoy the space.

Not OP but I'll share my 'why'. We sailed on the Dream and my son wanted nothing to do with the kids clubs. My husband and I love having a nice cocktail together and unfortunately never had the chance to enjoy the beautiful adult only area forward because our son was never allowed. I can easily bring toys and games to entertain him while there. It was actually my only comment I added to the post cruise survey - even if it was only one bar open for 1 hour, it would have been nice to be able to enjoy the space.
Same. My girls are well-behaved and I want to have a cocktail before dinner = they're coming with me, if allowed. I fully intend to find one with them all dressed up after their BBB ressie and before dinner.

What ship? Before dinner you should be able to go to certain bars for a drink, some are adults only so you'll have to pass of those

I will relate a story also why I questioned the question.
A few months ago my wife and I were at the bar at Steak House 71 at the Contemporary Resort. At the bar there were what appeared to be two family's with approximately 6 to 7 children. They were all, including the parents sitting at the bar taking up almost one side of the bar. Only the parents were having a drink and the children were sitting watching TV.

Several people including my wife and I wanted to have a drink after dinner but there was no place to sit. When I looked at the bartender I motioned over to the group and all he could do was shrug his shoulders. I know it is Disney and Disney is a family friendly vacation however the parents should of had the children someplace other than taking up seats at the bar.

I am not saying the original poster would do this I am just relating a story as to why I asked the question.

My wife and I ended up at the California Grill bar instead after our dinner.

Last edited:
unfortunately never had the chance to enjoy the beautiful adult only area forward because our son was never allowed. I can easily bring toys and games to entertain him while there
It was actually my only comment I added to the post cruise survey - even if it was only one bar open for 1 hour, it would have been nice to be able to enjoy the space.
But then I, as an adult spending time in adult-only spaces, lose out that hour if I don't want to be with under 18 year olds. I don't want to share space - that is designated for adults-only - with a child who needs to have toys and games to amuse them. I want to be in an adult-only area. There are plenty of other areas that are for all ages.

As long as you go before 9:00pm then
Keg and Compass
Hyperspace lounge
The Bayou
Luna's Libations
I thought Hyperspace Lounge was always adults-only. It's so small we've never had the opportunity to spend time there so I was never entirely sure if it was all ages until 9 or always adults only.

I thought Hyperspace Lounge was always adults-only. It's so small we've never had the opportunity to spend time there so I was never entirely sure if it was all ages until 9 or always adults only.
Nope only Adults only after 9:00pm

Wineries and breweries around here are the most family friendly places I can find...probably because they're all owned by 30 somethings who have kids. It's more of a modern day community space.

But then I, as an adult spending time in adult-only spaces, lose out that hour if I don't want to be with under 18 year olds. I don't want to share space - that is designated for adults-only - with a child who needs to have toys and games to amuse them. I want to be in an adult-only area. There are plenty of other areas that are for all ages.

Yes, my child needs toys to amuse him as he can't drink alcohol in a bar so I don't expect him to stare at us and engage in lively conversation at the age of 3.

Which is why all I ask is one hour at one bar. It could be at 10am, I don't care. I just want to enjoy the space like everyone else. The Wish has these venues available to kids earlier in the day, I don't see why it couldn't be implemented across the board.

My husband and I love having a nice cocktail together and unfortunately never had the chance to enjoy the beautiful adult only area forward because our son was never allowed.
The Wish has these venues available to kids earlier in the day, I don't see why it couldn't be implemented across the board.

I'm pretty sure every ship has a few lounges that are only adult-exclusive after 9pm. The exception might be if an adult-only activity like a tasting is scheduled earlier in the day. Even then, I've seen families at a table away from the bar and tasting activity. Were you actually turned away from the lounges earlier in the day, or did you just assume they are adult-only at all times?

I'm pretty sure every ship has a few lounges that are only adult-exclusive after 9pm. The exception might be if an adult-only activity like a tasting is scheduled earlier in the day. Even then, I've seen families at a table away from the bar and tasting activity. Were you actually turned away from the lounges earlier in the day, or did you just assume they are adult-only at all times?
The bar hours in the Navigator all were under Adult Only. There was never a time listed that didn't say Adults Only. I believe it was 5pm that the bars opened.

I got to peek into Pink when we were leaving bingo because it had just opened, no one was even there yet. All the families had to go through the entire District to get out and when we stopped in for 30 sec just so I could see it, the bartender swiftly told us we had to leave since our son was with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter