Wk Of Jan 6 - WISH Walking/Running Club

We're leaving tomorrow at about 12! Everyone better go to the bathroom and have anything they need in my car, cause we aren't stopping until we're picking up my packet!!!:cool1:

I'm totally in the crazy, excited, nervous, sleep-deprived, packing/re-packing mode! And what's up with people in my office asking me work-related questions- as if I care right now!!;)

Can't wait to see everyone Saturday morning (or sooner!)

Jen in GA

And what's up with people in my office asking me work-related questions- as if I care right now!!;)

Jen--I agree! I've had so many work-related questions this morning, everyone in a hurry to get customer options taken care of, deadlines, etc. Whatever. What I really want to say is....in 7 hours, I'm outta here for a week, so you people had better get your ducks in a row before then! :thumbsup2

Steve

Hi Everyone,

Woke up at midnight last night and started fretting over all the things I still have to do before I'm ready to leave. After an hour of tossing and turning I got up and got a few things crossed off the list. I still have lots to do. At least being so busy is keeping my nerves down about flying and the marathon. I sure hope I get more sleep tonight.

Good luck getting through today.
Cindy

Helloooooooo, anybody here?????? It's getting like a ghost town around here. I leave tomorrow at 10 a.m. I am trying to look busy at work, but I am completely distracted.

We are still here but busy with real world stuff before we leave tomorrow morning at 6:10 AM.

Enjoy counting down the minutes!

Distracted? Not me. I am totally focused! (On my upcoming trip!!!!)

lol, the guy who got me in here, who I sort of work for keeps telling me, "No thiking DIsney today!" Of course, he's just totally jealous! :p

Heather-

I'm still here! I just spent some quality time setting up a blog for my friends to read, so they can make fun of me! :rotfl: (My real-life friends aren't that big into running!)

If you are really bored/procrastinating, it's goinggoofy.blogspot.com. I hope I'm allowed to post that.... but then again, who's going to notice since everyone's left!:lmao:

Going to try to really work now. Probably not going to happen.

Jen in GA

I also still here. At least this is my last day of work and it much better than yesterday. Have alot of things that need done tonight, but most of the packing is finished other than my carry on.

Looking forward to seeing everyone over the weekend.

Nancy

Got Nyqil? ;)

Nyquil is the BEST! I've been taking it for the last week or so. When I started taking it, it was because I was feeling a little congested, but the last few nights, I've been trying to convince myself that I may feel a little congested just so I don't feel like a druggie taking it. ;)

But it does ROCK! It's like a liquid form of a sleeping pill. I'm guessing I should probably lay off it from now till the marathon because I'm sure it has some side effects that would hinder me come race day. Maybe I'll bring it will me to the starting line instead of water bottles. :thumbsup2

Steve

Nyquil is the BEST! I've been taking it for the last week or so. When I started taking it, it was because I was feeling a little congested, but the last few nights, I've been trying to convince myself that I may feel a little congested just so I don't feel like a druggie taking it. ;)

Steve

Off to get Nyquil, I have been coughing incessantly the last few nights, I even spent from 2 - 6 a.m. on the couch so DH could sleep.

Just wanted to add that have started carb loading and just ate an entire 12 inch Subway sub with ALL the fixins'!:goodvibes It was REALLY good! Why am I starting to feel like HOmer Simpson??:confused3

Hello all! I'm at work so I can't be on here long. Just wanted to mention that I'll be thinking about all of you over the marathon weekend!!

Also...quick question. I had registered early for the Minnie 15K and they were not offering discounted park tickets at the time. I then recieved an email stating they were and to click a link. That link sent me to the registration page. I don't want to have to re-register. Did anyone else have this problem?

I sure hope I get more sleep tonight.

Cindy

Sleep? Were we supposed to sleep this week? I remembered to carb load and hydrate, but completely forgot about sleep! :eek:

Jackie - :rotfl2: If your brain's on your carry-on, is it in a ziploc?

Yep, and it fit in the snack-size one!

I These last hours are the worst!

:banana: :yay: 13.1 miles...here I come! :yay: :woohoo:

I absolutely agree!!! :dance3:

Am done with work for the day :yay: - waiting for DD to get home from school so we can leave for the airport. Good luck to all of you driving in FL - please be careful!

Jackie

SO glad I'm not the only one who starts losing sleep several days before they leave!

Carrie - I just wanted to mention that my BF got me Red Wings tickets and a jersey for my birthday! March 9th I think...Predators? I would have prefered a Blue's game, but I'm excited either way!! :woohoo:

Carrie - I just wanted to mention that my BF got me Red Wings tickets and a jersey for my birthday! March 9th I think...Predators? I would have prefered a Blue's game, but I'm excited either way!! :woohoo:
:banana: :banana: Too cool! Whose jersey?

Eva - SOmetimes you can put the registration in, go to check out and remove it from your cart adn just get teh tix. SOmetimes, you can't. ;) WOrth a try.

Yo, Bill, are you out there?

Just wanted you to know that in honor of training for the chocolate eclair marathon, I just ate a PopTart. OK, two. Alas, I did not have access to an eclair. I will make a special trip to pick up one in Epcot in your honor. ;)

I'd like to thank all the WISHers who cannot make it to Disney this weekend for tolerating the taper madness...

Jen in GA

Yo, Bill, are you out there?

Just wanted you to know that in honor of training for the chocolate eclair marathon, I just ate a PopTart. OK, two. Alas, I did not have access to an eclair. I will make a special trip to pick up one in Epcot in your honor. ;)

I'd like to thank all the WISHers who cannot make it to Disney this weekend for tolerating the taper madness...

Jen in GA

Was it at least a chocolate or smores flavored one in honor of an eclaire's frosting? Although, when it comes to PopTarts, I am partial to the frosted berry flavors. Its a good thing they went to eight packs too, because when having PopTarts as a meal, two was never enough, so then I'd have a third, but you can't leave one in an opened package. After four, its not worth having a box taking up space with only one little packet in it. Of course, all that rationalizing makes me the man I am today, a future distance/endurance athlete in the body of a two-gap, run stuffing nose-tackle.

Feel free to have an eclaire, baklava, Kitchen Sink, pint of guiness or anything else ON OR AFTER SUNDAY AFTERNOON. You can do it in my honor if you want to blame me (I can take it), but you are the one who will be deserving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter