WLV---VERY Disappointing trip

tequoia

Love the Dis! Disers make the best friends! Thanks
Hi,

Just wanted to update everyone who was so supportive. DVC admitted that things were not handled well and offered us a sincere apology and a free night in a 2BR villa at the resort of our choice.

Thanks for all your well meaning advice and support!

~Anne

I am so sorry that you had such a bad esperience at WLV! I have stayed there and hadno problems what so ever. I hope you get a quick resolution to all of your issues. I cannot begin to imagine why your ticket and room issues weren't taken in the beginning. :confused3 I'll keep my fingers crossed that you hear something quickly. Best of luck!

What an ordeal! I just wanted to let you know something for the future. When your room charges have reached the limit, you can phone the resort to have the balance charged. That would at least save a trip back to the hotel.

A. Start editing. This letter is WAY WAY WAY TOO LONG. No one is going to take your valid complaints serously.

B. DUMP EVERYTHING Disney did not control from the letter that includes ALL of your family ailments, the wait for the MD, the flight delays, the $1500 credit limit (you signed a check in document that it was on and it has been on ALL of your prior DVC check ins It's not mentioned ANYWHERE in the "welcome packet" you make such a big deal about. )

C. The room location is also not a valid complaint. I am sorry, but if you have to have the "right" room then you should NEVER buy DVC. You should buy a deeded timeshare where you get unit X for week Y.

Basically you have some valid complaints about the dining program and your issues at check in. Otherwise your trip was bad, but most of it is not Disney's fault. As this letter currently reads, you aren't making valid points, just a lot of noise about "sick family" etc clutturing up the letter.

I understand my post sounds harsh, but effective complaints focus on the problem that can be fixed by the company not 1000 other issues. (And wait until you get that Doctor bill!)

CarolA's response is spot on.

Really sorry you had such a really bad time though.

A. Start editing. This letter is WAY WAY WAY TOO LONG. No one is going to take your valid complaints serously.

B. DUMP EVERYTHING Disney did not control from the letter that includes ALL of your family ailments, the wait for the MD, the flight delays, the $1500 credit limit (you signed a check in document that it was on and it has been on ALL of your prior DVC check ins It's not mentioned ANYWHERE in the "welcome packet" you make such a big deal about. )

C. The room location is also not a valid complaint. I am sorry, but if you have to have the "right" room then you should NEVER buy DVC. You should buy a deeded timeshare where you get unit X for week Y.

Basically you have some valid complaints about the dining program and your issues at check in. Otherwise your trip was bad, but most of it is not Disney's fault. As this letter currently reads, you aren't making valid points, just a lot of noise about "sick family" etc clutturing up the letter.

I understand my post sounds harsh, but effective complaints focus on the problem that can be fixed by the company not 1000 other issues. (And wait until you get that Doctor bill!)

I agree....It is WAY to long. You have some valid issues that Disney should address but you need to keep your letter as short and to the point as possible. Just the facts please!

Have to agree with Carol about editing your letter to get best response from Disney. Although, telling us hopefully helped get it off your chest. You definitely have some valid complaints and those should be addressed. The check-in thing just sounds incredibly wrong, I can't imagine what kind of computer problem they were having or why the manager would blame it on DVC. :confused3 By sending a well-worded letter, I hope you can let Disney know that they have some CMs who need retraining. I also hope they recognize the nice work done by CMs like Greg who went the extra distance to try to help.

With the other stuff (sickness, flight problems) you had some bum luck and deserve our sympathy. :grouphug: WVL has always been a great place for us to stay and I'm so sorry you didn't have a good time there. I sincerely hope your next trip is as magical as possible.

Agreed. I had similiar experiences at BCV..but issues like a doctor making a house call, concern for sick child etc..are irrelevant. Not magical maybe, but certainly not a requirement. My daughter on her first trip had to drive herself to the nearby Drs office with Strep on her first visit..An absolute bummer but no ones fault.
You have very valid complaints and customer service at DVC has gone downhill. Outline the issues directly related to this poor service and send it to
WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com. It seems they never, ever apologize! One tip I got from Sammie, was to go to the front desk with complaints and ask for the manager. I thought picking up the phone and pushing the front desk button directed your call to them, apparently not. As far as VWL, I was actually given the ONLY room in the VWL without a balcony..this though I booked at 11 months out at 9AM and checked in early. Even though my portfolio describes all rooms with balconies. I was flamed for not accepting it...You can't even open a window. So, good luck, and I hope some of the magic is restored for you.

I'm sorry to hear about your stay and it doesn't help when people try to dismiss your feelings. I remember it happened to me when my son was rushed to the hospital. Some people on these boards are a little rough with others feelings. Hopefully it doesn't happen to them.:sad2:

I agree it's too long. Take out the first 3 paragraphs, none of it is really relevant to your problems. Take out the illness details, the park details.

Sorry your trip was disappointing but Carol and the others have good points.

Sometimes disappointments are self inflicted. Disney does not control what happens to a guest prior to arrival. Bad flights, delays, lack of sleep, tired kids, illness, are completely out of their control.

Why were you not able to list your party on Dining, did you call Member Services at least 2 days prior to your arrival and have all 8 members of your party listed for the dining plan. If not, then that is a not a complaint you can make. If you booked the Dining Plan for all 8 members of your group at least 2 days prior to arrival with Member Services and they messed it up, then Yes you have a complaint with them, not the front desk at the WL.

As to waiting, depends on who messed up the dining, you or them. As to getting a room prior to 4pm that is something that many guests get upset about and truly have no right to. Regardless of how tired one is, or what one plans to do arrive one arrives, rooms are not guaranteed until after 4pm, so everyone needs to plan accordingly.

Seems that your trip was more a case of just bad luck then major complaints with DVC. I am sorry you had such bad luck with illness and such and that really clouds the issues at times.

I would hope before you write them, you would re-evaluate what was actually their short comings versus your own personal situation.

Hopefully your future trips will be better.

With all of the reservations messed up, etc. it sounded to me like a case of identity theft...

That being said, you have got to make sure the superfluous information is out of that letter...

Sorry your trip was disappointing but Carol and the others have good points.

Sometimes disappointments are self inflicted. Disney does not control what happens to a guest prior to arrival. Bad flights, delays, lack of sleep, tired kids, illness, are completely out of their control.

Why were you not able to list your party on Dining, did you call Member Services at least 2 days prior to your arrival and have all 8 members of your party listed for the dining plan. If not, then that is a not a complaint you can make. If you booked the Dining Plan for all 8 members of your group at least 2 days prior to arrival with Member Services and they messed it up, then Yes you have a complaint with them, not the front desk at the WL.

As to waiting, depends on who messed up the dining, you or them. As to getting a room prior to 4pm that is something that many guests get upset about and truly have no right to. Regardless of how tired one is, or what one plans to do arrive one arrives, rooms are not guaranteed until after 4pm, so everyone needs to plan accordingly.

Seems that your trip was more a case of just bad luck then major complaints with DVC. I am sorry you had such bad luck with illness and such and that really clouds the issues at times.

I would hope before you write them, you would re-evaluate what was actually their short comings versus your own personal situation.

Hopefully your future trips will be better.

Member services was contacted 1 month prior to our arrival that we would have 8 and not 6 people as originally thought. They had added the mother to our reservation and her daughter and my son (both under age9) into a separate reservation. We never requested 2 separate reservations. I have no problem with not being in a room until after 4pm...the problem was that because they could not figure things out and fix them for 4 hours, we could do NOTHING but sit in the lobby. Usually we could at least get our park tickets and head to the parks while waiting to check in, but we were held in limbo, not able to leave. So yes we did plan accordingly for a 4pm room assignment, brought extra clothes(including costumes for P&P) in carry on and everything. We are NOT disney novices. This is our 10th trip and it has never been this bad. I have never been treated with such a lack of care and respect at a Disney Resort before. My mother and I are not the type to voice a complaint in anything but a respectful manner, the responses that we received were so dismissive that all it did was make me see red. We did try to talk to several managers and not one even apologized. There is no excuse for that. I do realize that several things that went wrong were out of Disney's control but many things that happened were well within Disney realm of responsibility. I think part of the issue is trying to tease out where the real blame lies...WLV claims it is the DVC's error and DVC has given no response as of yet.

Thanks for all of your honest input.

Since you are not the DVC member and you do not own the points, maybe your mom should be the one to write to DVC about the problem.

Are you an Associate Member who can make reservations and call MS? Did you make the call to MS to add the additional guests to the reservation?

Since you are not the DVC member and you do not own the points, maybe your mom should be the one to write to DVC about the problem.

Are you an Associate Member who can make reservations and call MS? Did you make the call to MS to add the additional guests to the reservation?

My mother is the DVC member and she did write the letter. I simply posted it here to get feedback. I am an Assoc member, but no I let her handle the all of the ressies this trip. She had confirmation numbers for everything.

Member services was contacted 1 month prior to our arrival that we would have 8 and not 6 people as originally thought. They had added the mother to our reservation and her daughter and my son (both under age9) into a separate reservation. We never requested 2 separate reservations. I have no problem with not being in a room until after 4pm...the problem was that because they could not figure things out and fix them for 4 hours, we could do NOTHING but sit in the lobby. Usually we could at least get our park tickets and head to the parks while waiting to check in, but we were held in limbo, not able to leave. So yes we did plan accordingly for a 4pm room assignment, brought extra clothes(including costumes for P&P) in carry on and everything. We are NOT disney novices. This is our 10th trip and it has never been this bad. I have never been treated with such a lack of care and respect at a Disney Resort before. My mother and I are not the type to voice a complaint in anything but a respectful manner, the responses that we received were so dismissive that all it did was make me see red. We did try to talk to several managers and not one even apologized. There is no excuse for that. I do realize that several things that went wrong were out of Disney's control but many things that happened were well within Disney realm of responsibility. I think part of the issue is trying to tease out where the real blame lies...WLV claims it is the DVC's error and DVC has given no response as of yet.

Thanks for all of your honest input.

It does sound like MS messed up with the names on the reservations. Were you all in a 2 bedroom? I don't understand why they did a separate reservation unless it was a separate room?

Regardless of who messed it up, it was the responsibility of the front desk and WL managers to fix it. You should never have been treated dismissively and the "passing the buck" blame game is poor customer service from any organization. I'm sure you didn't care who was to blame, you simply wanted the problem rectified in a timely manner so you could enjoy your vacation. They should have been able to do this and they should have done it nicely.

With all the other bad luck you had on this trip, it probably made this situation seem even worse. Hopefully a well-worded letter to DVC and management at WL will at least bring an apology and sincere effort to improve.

tequoia, you may have endured one of the least magical Disney experiences I've read about here on the DIS. Regardless of whether some of these issues were under the control of Disney or not, I do understand that the camel can carry only so many straws before the load becomes unmanageable. The only bright spot is that your next trip can't possibly be as bad.

Let Disney/DVC know about your concerns but don't allow one disastrous trip to sour you on the overall experience. It's 3 strikes before you're out, not 1.

Hang in there!

tequoia, you may have endured one of the least magical Disney experiences I've read about here on the DIS. Regardless of whether some of these issues were under the control of Disney or not, I do understand that the camel can carry only so many straws before the load becomes unmanageable. The only bright spot is that your next trip can't possibly be as bad.

Let Disney/DVC know about your concerns but don't allow one disastrous trip to sour you on the overall experience. It's 3 strikes before you're out, not 1.

Hang in there!

I have had so many wonderful and magical trips to WDW it will always be my favorite vacation spot. I was just so surprised to be treated that way at what is supposed to be one of the "better" villas. Thanks for all of your support!:)

It does sound like MS messed up with the names on the reservations. Were you all in a 2 bedroom? I don't understand why they did a separate reservation unless it was a separate room?

Regardless of who messed it up, it was the responsibility of the front desk and WL managers to fix it. You should never have been treated dismissively and the "passing the buck" blame game is poor customer service from any organization. I'm sure you didn't care who was to blame, you simply wanted the problem rectified in a timely manner so you could enjoy your vacation. They should have been able to do this and they should have done it nicely.

With all the other bad luck you had on this trip, it probably made this situation seem even worse. Hopefully a well-worded letter to DVC and management at WL will at least bring an apology and sincere effort to improve.

We were all in one 2 bedroom villa. That's exactly how I felt..I really don't care whose fault it was, I just wanted someone to make some attempt to set things right...especially since we were going through all of the other "junk"! Thanks for all of support!

why did they give you two seperate reservations??? that doesnt make sense? Did you add on nights after the original reservation, or was there a cash reservation. Not an excuse, but I wonder if thats what messed things up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter