WLV---VERY Disappointing trip

I wonder when they will send me my PIN? :confused3

If you need a PIN to access the website, call MS. I call them a few weeks ago, between returning our contract and closing, and asked them for website access. They even walked though getting me setup. Which is good because the little "Information" piece wants your home resort, DAKV in our case, and it wasn't in the system yet.

johno

Does anyone know if Disney has plans to fix the multiple database problem? Since it appears to have been causing both guests and employees so many problems over the years, I am surprised it hasn't been addressed. It reminds me of the Midas commercial -- "You can pay me now, or you can pay me later..."

Wow, sounds like you all had alot of problems during your trip. Some were Disney's fault some not. I agree with others, leave out anything that is not Disney's fault.

I wouldn't expect any compensation other than an apology for all the tings that went wrong. We had a few concerns, most minor (and what I felt was 1 major) with our Sept. trip to BWV.
-We came into many cast members that were less than magical.
-DS foot got ran over by a ECV (didn't hurt him but the person was driving way too fast and rode over a curb and over his foot, not WDW fault but they should tell them to slow down).
- Mold & mildew in the bathroom shower - quite a bit.
- 1 night DH & I were on the balcony watching illum. when I saw a light come on inside, Dh went in and there was a man in our bathroom. Our 15 mo old DD was asleep in the bedroom. He was from maintenance & said that he knocked and no one answered so he came in to check on a drain. That really scared us. We felt as though someone should call first to let us know.

I sent a letter addressing these things and a few weeks later I received a phone call. She was very polite. She said BWV manager was going personally to check on the mold issue in the bathroom, apologized for the maintenance man, and said that they inform people when they rent ECV to drive no faster than people should walk, blah, blah, blah.

Whether or not anything was actually fixed, I did get a phone call back and that took time out of someone's day. I feel if Disney keeps getting complaints that eventually they will get back up to the standards that they once were - hopefully.

Does anyone know if Disney has plans to fix the multiple database problem? Since it appears to have been causing both guests and employees so many problems over the years, I am surprised it hasn't been addressed. It reminds me of the Midas commercial -- "You can pay me now, or you can pay me later..."

We stayed at BWV this past January. I originally booked the DDP and then cancelled well in advance of our arrival. At check in they still had us listed for it. They took it off without any problems. No added time to our check in and no going through MS. :confused3 So, maybe they are getting all this computer confusion fixed??

To the OP -- I hope you get everything resolved to your satisfaction.

Kristen

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else been able to get a late checkout? 4pm during March, seems like a little pixie dust during a less than magical trip. I've never asked, but now I wonder, is DVC getting flexible on this?

If you need a PIN to access the website, call MS. I call them a few weeks ago, between returning our contract and closing, and asked them for website access. They even walked though getting me setup. Which is good because the little "Information" piece wants your home resort, DAKV in our case, and it wasn't in the system yet.

johno

I was trying to be funny. I called and got my PIN. Thanks for the suggestion.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else been able to get a late checkout? 4pm during March, seems like a little pixie dust during a less than magical trip. I've never asked, but now I wonder, is DVC getting flexible on this?

It takes longer to clean the villas than the regular resort rooms, so DVC does not allow late check outs. Plus occupancy in the DVC resorts is usually higher than the resorts, so they don't have other rooms available to put the incoming guests if the current guest doesn't leave the villa as required.

I'm sorry to hear about your stay and it doesn't help when people try to dismiss your feelings. I remember it happened to me when my son was rushed to the hospital. Some people on these boards are a little rough with others feelings. Hopefully it doesn't happen to them.:sad2:

I don't see where her feelings were dismissed. What I saw was some good advice. As originally written the complaint will get little attention from managment. "FEELINGS" should be left out of letters written to managment, Facts are what they go by, as far as posting on this board the letter is fine it describes what happened and also demonstrates the disapointment of the OP. It is however as qouted in a previous response "way way way
to long" Remember Dragnet "JUST THE FACTS MAM"

- 1 night DH & I were on the balcony watching illum. when I saw a light come on inside, Dh went in and there was a man in our bathroom. Our 15 mo old DD was asleep in the bedroom. He was from maintenance & said that he knocked and no one answered so he came in to check on a drain. That really scared us. We felt as though someone should call first to let us know. /QUOTE]
Come on everyone not just the poster Use those little security locks when in your room. Especially if you have little ones, if intruder was quiet and kept the lights off he could have left with your most valuable possesion.:cloud9:

I think some of the comments were a liitle harsh, if i was treated like those folks, I too would be upset. I never have had any problems with ressies, but honestly how many times did this poor women keep getting errors, cancellations on rservations etc! I am not a complainer either but quite frankly I am dissapointed that just a little bit of compassion was notdelivered to these people from the Wilderness. If I am ever treated like this my FOR SALE sign will be out!

Another human being, I'll never judge nor condemn; cause he may have walked, where I've never been. How can I judge or condemn any man?; until in his shoes, I walk and I stand.
:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 AMEN!!!!!!

I agree that this is a :thumbsup2 saying and hopefully not only does it apply to the OP, but also those that responded to the OP and the Disney CMs.:)

We know there are computer issues at WDW. I've stayed off DVC property at other WDW resorts and had to supply all of the names on the reservation again or had to add names...and this was prior to the dining plan.

What I think could be a simple solution-mail a confirmation with all people's names on the reservations and on any present/future plans like Dining. If there is a problem at check-in, give the person your copy of the confirmation, and go enjoy yourself, while they straighten the problem out and don't hold your vacation hostage. You shouldn't have to stand there while they get computer A to talk to computer B. And they have all the info they need on the confirmation letters.

The $1500 charge has never been an issue for me, and I've gone over it many times on property. That is poor training resort wide. That credit card just needed to be cleared. There should have never been a denial. The OP goes out of the way to criticize the WL, and praise everyone else at WDW, but this is an example of where it was a problem outside the WL where they didn't do things the way I've always been dealt with.

This just seemed like one of those trips....it happens. When there was no record of the P&P party or the Grand Gathering event, it was no big deal. Everything else was a major screw-up by the WL. These people are subject to the limits of the computers that they work on.

The computers are one of the major sources of irritation resort wide for me. I've had the 'glitch' at midnight where we walked into someone else's room at Coronado Springs. Luckily they weren't in there at the time, but how two people can be registered to the same room is beyond me.

One thing I've personally never ran into at the WL is people who are dismissive and or unfriendly.

Sorry for this, I know its off topic, but:

Duckfan, from another Corgi owner- your baby is so cute!!!! We have a twelve year old fawn Pembroke named Emily.

100_1556.jpg

We recently stayed Fri/Sat at WL to avoid the weekend point issue and it was AWFUL. From check in to check out, hardly anything was handled right from CM issues to room issues to luggage issues (and I have 2 CM DDs and am VERY patient about these things). I honestly cannot imagine ever staying there again.

DDs card was charged for "incidentals" when it should have been MY card, we were not given the initial copy of the statement, so had no way of knowing that although my card had been swiped, it was not being charged, luggage that was picked up at SSR at 915am was not delivered until nearly midnight (this was a WL problem, SSR had it there in plenty of time), the bathroom light was out (at midnight, no one could fix it until the AM), Whispering Canyon server was just downright rude/slow to us while funny/friendly to the childless table next to ours (wound up taking dessert in a box and it was literally chucked in with no care at all, inedible), room was incredibly loud, "hootin' and hollerin'" from early in the morning until late at night, I developed some kind of rash on my feet from the sheets, no bell services to pick up bags for the return to SSR. After an hour on the phone, I finally went to the lobby and addressed the luggage with the manager who did get us a van to take us to SSR since they had wasted so much of our time. Oh, and we were told they didn't give hints for the Hidden Mickey hunt. DDs wadded up the pages and threw them away after that one. So much for a fun weekend at WL.

I'm still in the process of writing my letter and have to re-iterate the keep it to the facts that apply to the complaint. It feels so good to get it all out, but trim it down so the reader doesn't get lost after the first paragraph. Give specifics, be business-like and non-emotional. I'm fairly sure they are not going to care about my rash, so I'll leave that part out. I hope your letter makes a difference in the CM training so that other guests don't have to go through what you did!

Wow - glad we haven't had those problems at VWL!

To those who did - absolutely write, but do keep in mind that mentioning things outside of Disney's control can hurt your case. They will point out that you were already in a bad mood when the Disney error happened, and make the reader think that possibly that was coloring your opinion.

Stick to the facts as much as you can. Don't say, for example, "We waited to an incredibily long time," say, "We waited for about 2 hours, as near as I can remember (if you can state actual times, even the better!).

Also, it does not hurt to state exactly what you think Disney should do to fix the issue with you.

Finally, include copies of all room keys, park tickets, and relevant receipts. These will more quickly help Disney verify you are who you say you are.

I have only been going to WDW since 1999. Since then, however, I've stayed at All - Stars Movies, Port Orleans French Quarters (2x) BWV ( 2x) and WL to name a few of the places. I can say that without a doubt the CM that checked us in for our first stay at WL was THE RUDEST person I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with!

We asked for nothing more than for DH, me and DS to have our charges put on my card and my friend to have her charges put on her card.

You would have thought I ask the woman to put our charges on HER card!

We were very excited about our first stay at WL and this was my friend's first time at Disney ever. I had spent the whole ride from the airport telling her how magical Disney was. Boy, was I embarrassed!

If I had had her waiting on me now, it would have been a different ballgame. Her rude comments and rolling her eyes while my friend was getting her card out of her wallet was uncalled for.

This day and age, I would not deal with her. I would ask for the manager and I would complain about her unprofessionalism to her manager in front of her.

I'm a very polite person and I say "Thank you" and "Please". I expect common courtesy, not, "Well, you would think you would have been ready, knowing you were going to use your card!"

I easily could have snatched her over that counter!

Yes, it ruined our day. But, we overcame.

Agreed. I had similiar experiences at BCV..but issues like a doctor making a house call, concern for sick child etc..are irrelevant. Not magical maybe, but certainly not a requirement. My daughter on her first trip had to drive herself to the nearby Drs office with Strep on her first visit..An absolute bummer but no ones fault.
You have very valid complaints and customer service at DVC has gone downhill. Outline the issues directly related to this poor service and send it to
WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com. It seems they never, ever apologize! One tip I got from Sammie, was to go to the front desk with complaints and ask for the manager. I thought picking up the phone and pushing the front desk button directed your call to them, apparently not. As far as VWL, I was actually given the ONLY room in the VWL without a balcony..this though I booked at 11 months out at 9AM and checked in early. Even though my portfolio describes all rooms with balconies. I was flamed for not accepting it...You can't even open a window. So, good luck, and I hope some of the magic is restored for you.

I totally agree. When my dd was two, she woke up screaming at 3AM with a bladder infection. She was SOOOO loud that we were concerned about bothering other sleeping guests. We immediately took her down to the lobby and had the valet bring us our car. We drove her to the emergency room where she was treated and released by 9AM. When we returned, nothing was said, nor did we expect anything. We were, however, shocked when, on our departure the 3AM valet guy asked if our little princess was all better. I thought THAT was pretty amazing!!!

The year before that, my dd was hospitalized for the last 3 days of our trip with a virus she caught at WDW. Once again...we got nothing from WDW, and didn't really expect anything.

I would say to separate the "should have been done" items from the "would have been nice" items, and only complain about the first items.

Good luck.

Beca

To the OP, The WL and VWL are our favorites. I just hate to hear that you had so many problems. I do think you need to send a letter, stick to the facts. Remember you are dealing with Corporate Disney, let us know how it turns out.

.... I expect common courtesy, not, "Well, you would think you would have been ready, knowing you were going to use your card!"
I have to say if that had been said to me or a guest of mine I would immediately ask the CM to repeat the comment. The next words out of my mouth would be asking to speak to a manager.
Most all businesses are experiencing less than sterling applicants for jobs, but that is no reason for any company to allow this type of interaction with customers.

I have to say that like anything...DVC is something that has to be judged as a whole rather then in small increments...we are dealing with humans here, and anyone can have a bad day or be in a poor mood, and when you are in the customer service industry that has a ripple effect...Overall, however, my experience with DVC (12 something trips) has been a very positive one. i think most people would agree. i have had some very poor experiences as well, but choose to look at it as a whole.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter