WLV---VERY Disappointing trip

I didn't have time to read everything so I may be off base or redundant.

Having dealt with complaint letters, both writing and having to read them, I have to agree that the letter is way too long.

You have to tell what you want and explain why you deserve it with no more than three very short paragraphs or less.

The people reading these letters don't have the time to read a long letter. It is initially a quick scan. Long letters will be put aside and more than likely lost in the shuffle. The brutal fact is your letter will be one of many. I stopped reading your letter after the second paragraph.

The letter should go something like this

I had a very unpleasant experience during my stay from date to date at the (place stayed) and expect (tell them what you want.)

During my stay the following happened to spoil my stay. (explain what happened.)

Name
address to be contacted
phone number to be called at

Short and simple. Try to make it half a page, no more than one.

Another suggestion. Write this letter three times. Write it and put it down for awhile and then pick it up, reread it and write it again. You will be surprised how much better the letter will get.

I didn't know they did that, I don't really pay attention to the stuff they give me at checkin anymore. Sometimes I turn down that stuff because I know what I'm there to do, but then I end up in a situation where I want to know where the extra magic hour is, or something like that, so I usually take it.

The OP did say that she didn't get a package of stuff at checkin. Even if she did it might not have occurred to her party to study it all. That's why these boards are a great resource most of the time.

Sorry I did forget she didn't get the packet and did not really mean that she wouldn't have read it since she has obviously had many great trips and probably knew everything that was included in it and the DDP brochure anyway. I would suggest that anyone on the DDP make sure they ask for that brochure if they have any questions. Don't assume it will be in the packet because not everyone gets the DDP. It was handed to me with the packet along with the parking permit keys, etc. My comment about people not reading instructions is general and not aimed at her. It applies to fast passes etc as well; every time we go people are complaining about how all those people are going ahead of the line and how fast pass isn't fair. If they had read about how fast passes work they might be in the line that is going ahead.

Tequoia
After rereading the OP and some of the answers I would like to say that many of us may have thought you were asking if your letter would get results and what people here on the DIS thought of it. I see now that all you really wanted was the address. It is a shame that you missed the time you planned to spend in the parks that first day and they do owe you a sincere apology at the least. I found the one time we stayed at VWL it was the least friendly check-in I have ever had and put it down to the fact that they are WL employees not just DVC employees.

Good luck with your letter whichever version you choose to send.

They are not dismissing her feelings. They are giving her information about how to write an efficient complaint letter. Emotional venting, while completely understandable after what this party went through with the room keys and reservations, doesn't make an efficient complaint letter.

From reading her experience I think Disney ought to have a pamphlet about the dining plan that they give to everyone who checks in (Do they? I only used it once and I don't remember). Apparently there was a mixup with a person in her party who asked that a room service order be charged to the room, which was mistaken for a use of the dining plan. All room service orders are charged 2 TS credits on the dining plan, regardless of the amount of food ordered. People need to know to be specific if they do not wish to use the dining plan for an order.

Thanks, was wondering when someone was going to notice that part of his letter.

Thanks for the update. This is one of the few times I have heard of DVC offering a free stay for things gone wrong. Maybe others here have heard of this more frequently, but it seems to me folks tend to get meal vouchers, etc. when there are issues as opposed to anything that would required points. In any case, I am glad they tried to make it up to you.

Best wishes for a much more magical trip next time.

By chance do you have a copy of your original post? :smokin:

MG
Sorry MG! I actually erased it this morning, but basically it was a very long drawn out letter about our horrible experience at the VWL back in the start of March. We ended up shortening it to about a page and a half and making it much more to the point based on suggestions from people on this board. Thanks for your interest! Any other questions feel free to post,

Several years ago we had an awful vacation at the Poly Club level. Very long story, Anyway one of the conceirge gave me a number for Don Robinson, VP w Disney at the time. The Manager at the Poly only wanted to make things right by giving us each one park pass. We live in NJ, not a good thing. After a few weeks to let things cool off, i called the number and spoke to Mr Robinsons assistant, she took down the whole story, the good the bad the ugly, and told me that she was going to get it into the proper hands, I felt we were getting blown off. A couple of days later I got a call, told the whole story again, the gentleman on the phone was Don Robinson, He apologiesed for Disney, then offered to replace our vacation, dollar for dollar spent. We took him up on the offer, Stayed at the Grand and have been going back ever since. In turn earlier this year we bought DVC.

Wish you all the best!!

i just spent a week at the vwl and had a marvelous time, they were very helpful and efficient. but problems can happen anywhere. all most all of us have had a vacation when everything seemed to go wrong, but it is a costly situation.

while at the wl i was waiting at concierges desk and the gentleman (?) in front of me complained that he felt that he had been sexually harrassed in the restaurantin the resort, don't know which restaurant, the cm explained that he knew nothing about any harrassement, whether sexually or other wize but they would take 2 meals off his resort bill if that would help. that was going a bit far out of the way to please.

i had two meals in two different restaurants at disney in jan. 07 that were cause to complain. one had glass in it that i did swallow part of and no one offered to cover medical if it became necessary and treated me as if i did it myself. the other was hot red pepper poured (in large amounts) all over my food, and that meal cost me $100.00 for just my food (citricos), i ate the food that i could stand which was not much. i did not complain about that one because it was so minor compaired to the glass (flying fish). by the way the food at citrico's was cooked to perfection and would have been perfect without the pepper.

the point is that sometimes the employees don't realize that just making a small effort to comfort or correct the situation is greatly appreciated and could save losing a customer. according to horst swortz, it cost thousands of dollars more to get a new customer than it would cost to do what is necessary to keep the old one. some times it only cost a small amount, and you might even get some good word of mouth advertizing.

i realize that wdw allready has enough business, but when you stop trying you will begin to loose.

i do love wdw and every resort except port orleans.

now my letter is too long. sorrry:rolleyes1

I'm glad things turned out but why did you erase your original post? Some of us are late to the game and have no idea what you are talking about? Now I'm really curious....:confused:

is what i thought i read in this thread true i thought someone wrote that one of the rooms they were assigned to was one with no patio and no windows. could it be true that there is such a room at the wl? if so, i must remember to request not to have that room. talk about clostrophobia!!!:scared1:

The three times I have used the plan we got a brochure that explained everything and which restaurants required how many credits. Some people just never read the instruction manuals. Also I totally agree that keeping the letter to the specific problems with the room keys and reservations will get a better response than one the rambles on about things DVC had no control over.

I have used the dining plan on my last two trips. I was given the brochure both times. I was told this past trip that I could use my dining plan for room service but it would count for two credits.

I know that Disney does not always have their act together but neither does anyother business around. My last two trips I had new CM's check me in and luckly I knew what I needed or something would have been messed up. Being a manager I know that training takes time and I am understanding of that. Mistakes happen just hope that things will be better on your next trip.

My first DVC memebership is in my X husband and my name but I am the only one who uses it (as I won it in the divorce) but since we still owe a bit on the loan it remains in both names. MS made my reservation in my X's name and the CM was not going to let me check in because he was not there. I was upset but called MS and they fixed it right away. The rest of the trip was great.

Stuff happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter