Word of warning to MVMCP/BoG ADR's during party hours...

I hope they do this for all dvc events too.
I would rather enter the park at the correct event start time knowing that the park will be empty then the event beginning when the park is technically closing.

So for the Christmas parties the park closes at 6 and the party stars at 7 so the park will be closed from 6-7 ??

Not quite. You're confused by mutually exclusive events.

*The park closes to non-party ticket holding guests at 7pm (although there are always stragglers for a while after 7, due to people who were already in a ride line or dining before 7...Disney doesn't kick people out of line)
*BoG stops allowing those without a party ticket in the door at 6pm (presumably to cut down on the number of said stragglers)
*Crystal Palace is apparently not allowing non-party guests in the door after 6:30pm (again, presumably to aid in clearing the park before the party begins. I'm guessing when I say that maybe they're letting CP stay open longer than BoG due to both proximity to the park exit, as well as no waiting time for food to be prepared...just guesses on those, though)

*The park closes to non-party ticket holding guests at 7pm (although there are always stragglers for a while after 7, due to people who were already in a ride line or dining before 7...Disney doesn't kick people out of line)

According to the park hours, MK closes at 6 pm for every night there is an MVMCP. To me, that says non-party goers will have to be out of the park by 6 pm, but in truth, we don't know how they're going to work this.

So for the Christmas parties the park closes at 6 and the party stars at 7 so the park will be closed from 6-7 ??

Looks like we'll have to wait until either Disney puts out some info on how they're going to do this or until the first party to see how they will do it, but the park can't be closed entirely from 6 - 7 since party goers can make ADRs during that hour.

Halloween party time frame, the park hours still say open until 7 pm. Christmas party time frame, the park hours say open until 6 pm.

Probably has something to do with when it gets dark.

I have a 5:10 ADR at Be Our Guest on a Halloween party night. After reading this thread, I checked my confirm Email and it does have the disclaimer. But 5:10 should be plenty enough time to eat and get out of there by 7:00 so we should be good.

Probably has something to do with when it gets dark.

I have a 5:10 ADR at Be Our Guest on a Halloween party night. After reading this thread, I checked my confirm Email and it does have the disclaimer. But 5:10 should be plenty enough time to eat and get out of there by 7:00 so we should be good.

Has nothing to do with when it gets dark. The sun doesn't start setting before 7 pm until late October. AND they've always been open until 7 pm for Christmas party time frame in the past.

According to the park hours, MK closes at 6 pm for every night there is an MVMCP. To me, that says non-party goers will have to be out of the park by 6 pm, but in truth, we don't know how they're going to work this.

Looks like we'll have to wait until either Disney puts out some info on how they're going to do this or until the first party to see how they will do it, but the park can't be closed entirely from 6 - 7 since party goers can make ADRs during that hour.

Maybe they'll change the hours. Who knows, as it looks like they've rolled back general public reservation times at CP during parties from 6:30 to 6:00. But, Tony's hours show closing at 7pm and can still be booked by general public on Disney's regular ADR page until 6:55pm on party nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter