I'm loving reading the comments from those who attended law school at Google U, and didn't finish. :laughing:
Seriously. That's the best thing about the internet....you can be a moron with zero consequences.

One single WDW adults only hotel would probably be their most profitable on property. If I was gonna do it....i'd use the land they were going to use for the Venetian hotel. Imagine a water promenade sipping spritzes staring at the castle.

1/2 of our trips have been with extended family. But on our solo trips a non-kids environment would be welcomed. And I would guess that a majority of adults only guests would be repeat WDW guests who normally travel with family. So it's not like it would be a nightclub resort where people are going nuts. And it's not like any guest would hate kids...bc it's DW...but parents should realize...even at Disney....a $500 dinner where the table next to you doesnt have a screaming kid is appealing.

Personally....if it happens....i hope is small, expensive, and amazing.

I would guess that a majority of adults only guests would be repeat WDW guests who normally travel with family. So it's not like it would be a nightclub resort where people are going nuts.
That would be a bummer if it turned into Dis Afterhours. lol *bump-tis, bump-tis, bump-tis*

And it's not like any guest would hate kids...bc it's DW...but parents should realize...even at Disney....a $500 dinner where the table next to you doesnt have a screaming kid is appealing.

Personally....if it happens....i hope is small, expensive, and amazing.
Definitely, we’ll said, but of course some had to be offended at the idea.

When I have been bothered by noise at a Disney resort it's never been kids.

It's Dad walking up and down the hall in the Poly longhouse yelling into his phone because his family doesn't want him doing that in their room.

It's never the kids alone bouncing the ball down the hallway at Yacht Club Resort, it's the parent laughing at how far he can throw it.

I'll take, (sober), kids any day.
Oh exactly this! Adults annoy me way more than kids ever could.

I personally would never stay in an adults only hotel because I actually love being around my kids.

No. I’m not offended by the idea but it’s not practical and will never happen at WDW.

I’ve taken trips with only my wife so I’m not averse to an adult only Disney trip but families and kids come with the Disney experience. We go other places if we don’t want that.

Adults only lounges or age restrictions at certain restaurants, bars etc would be great though.

I'd stay there in a heartbeat. I'm also part of a weird generation that grew up going to the parks and still enjoy doing so as an adult. I know that Disney is notoriously family oriented and that is fine but there is a market out there for DINKS and other adults who may prefer not waking up to a 6am toddler meltdown at animal kingdom lodge in the room next door. Disney offers a lot for adults to do but so it can't be assumed that it is only for adults who bring their kids. There is also a large market of retirees and empty nesters who travel to the parks often.

I know a lot of certain types of people will be offended they aren't able to stay at a particular resort if it has a no kids policy but you know, life isn't fair.

I personally would never stay in an adults only hotel because I actually love being around my kids.
This isn't what the question is about.

I LOVE my kids, I NEVER took an adult trip while they were growing up because if I were going on vacation I wanted to spend that time with my kids, making memories. I never even paid a babysitter to watch my kids before they could stay home alone. If my kids weren't going to be able to go or enjoy, then I didn't go. I have no issue with others who do, I've even babysit kids while their parents took a vacation. But my point is if I were going to Disney while my kids were younger, of course they were going.

My kids are all adults now, still love Disney, so I would love for us to stay at a hotel for adults only. I go often with one son or both. This would be a great option for us.

It has nothing to do with people not loving their children, or going on vacation with them. And I agree with you that while my children were young this would not be an option. This could be an option for people who have no children, or whose children (like mine) are now adults.

No. I’m not offended by the idea but it’s not practical and will never happen at WDW.
Why?

Are you serious? There are hotels all over the world that are adult only. Are you against 55+ communities? How is it “offensive” to have 1 hotel of of 30+ hotels that are for adults only? Some adults don’t love being woken up at 7:00am by screaming children running down the hallway, excised to go to magic kingdom.
I have never complained about it because I choose to stay at a Disney resort but saying it’s discriminatory is laughable.

Oh, so you support - out of 30+ WDW hotels - if WDW opened one that excludes people over age 55?
How about one that excluded white people?
Or one excluded any other group, like Protestants?

Children are no more disruptive than many adults. Personally, babies and small children tend to cry because they have no other option, or they have not yet learned to regulate their emotions. I empathize. Infants tend to cry because they are hungry/in pain and that is the only way they can communicate. I empathize.

Adults are often loud due to over-intoxication.

Why is it so hard for some people to understand that there are adults who enjoy the Disney Cruise or Resort experience but just dont want to be around kids? Why should Disney experiences be just for families, why cant adults without kids enjoy the same experiences? Are people so threatened by adults who enjoy Disney that we are told "oh if you dont want kids around then dont come to Disney"

One single WDW adults only hotel would probably be their most profitable on property. If I was gonna do it....i'd use the land they were going to use for the Venetian hotel. Imagine a water promenade sipping spritzes staring at the castle.
Popular is not the same as morally correct.

History is full of examples of group think that went horribly wrong.

While some might opt to stay at such a hotel, it goes against Disney's brand. Disney = family friendly. THAT is the brand.

Why is it so hard for some people to understand that there are adults who enjoy the Disney Cruise or Resort experience but just dont want to be around kids? Why should Disney experiences be just for families, why cant adults without kids enjoy the same experiences? Are people so threatened by adults who enjoy Disney that we are told "oh if you dont want kids around then dont come to Disney"
Exactly... and also not every adult on here has kids. Disney isn't just for kids,.. it's also for Adults that are kids at heart.

Popular is not the same as morally correct.

History is full of examples of group think that went horribly wrong.

While some might opt to stay at such a hotel, it goes against Disney's brand. Disney = family friendly. THAT is the brand.

omg, goes against Disney's brand, oof my sides hurt from laughing. Ive just been on my second solo cruise on the Disney Drea. There were approx 3700 passengers, so a full cruise and majority families. I had an amazing cruise experience. I did alcohol tastings, Palo Brunch, had a length of cruise Rainforest Room pass, had a swim in the adults pool, which was just me and 1 other couple, compared to the people soup of the family pools. I had breakfast and lunch in the MDRs, so clam and peaceful compared to the heaving Cabanas brunch.

I love walking around the ship hearing the Disney music and seeing the Disney artwork. I love the Disney themed restaurants, I love the Disney stage shows and movies in the cinema.

Oh, so you support - out of 30+ WDW hotels - if WDW opened one that excludes people over age 55?
How about one that excluded white people?
Or one excluded any other group, like Protestants?
Trying to turn this idea into a human rights issue is beyond the pale. And wrong.

Trying to turn this into a morals issue is self-righteous and condescending. And wrong.

Are bars guilty of discrimination?

Disney isn't just for kids,.. it's also for Adults that are kids at heart.

One of my favorite WDW memories is the one time was actually woken up by children.

Outside my window two children were happily chanting, "We're going to Disney World! We're going to DISNEY World." Their enthusiasm made me smile, and still makes me smile over 15 years later.

Mind, they were not very loud. They didn't wake up anyone else in my family.

I was in the parks in November. There were plenty of adult only guests. So many that I actually mentioned it to my daughter (17) during the trip. Twice on the friendship boats there were ZERO kids. None. Not one.

Disney loves DINKS and SINKS (lol). Some have a lot of disposable income Disney would love to get their hands on. And in their own way they cater to them with adult only experiences in the parks (tequila tasting, V&A).

Trying to turn this idea into a human rights issue is beyond the pale. And wrong.

Trying to turn this into a morals issue is self-righteous and condescending. And wrong.

Are bars guilty of discrimination?
Except that it is a moral issue.

It is also a branding issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter