Yo Yo Pirate Me Trip Report - Day Two

cap'njack.

Totally in love with Lisa_C
Yo Yo Pirate Me Trip Report

Saturday 09.05.09 - Monday 18.05.09

Day Two - Sunday 10.05.09

We awoke today at around 8:30am, having had Kacee's leg's in my back for most of the night, and started getting ready for the day ahead. We had decided that as we were in DLRP for the next 9 days and that as today was a bonus day that we would just go with the flow and not worry about crowd levels and how many rides we were doing every hour etc.

We arrived at the park shortly after 10:30am and were very surprised to find that we were no longer allowed to park at the Hotel New York, so after following sign's for the main car park for what seemed like ages we arrived, showed our pass and were let through without charge. Imagine our suprise to find parking in the front row of the car park at 11am on a Sunday!!

After the short walk to the park
walkway.jpg

and the mounting excitement coming from Kacee we entered the Magic Kingdom park for that wonderful first look at Main Street, followed by Kacee shouting "Look Daddy, Disney Shop" (He calls the Castle the Disney Shop)
castle.jpg

We decided that It's a Small World should be our fist ride of the trip. Both Kacee and Macklyn loved it as usuall and I knew that we wouldn't be able to walk past the Teacups without riding so Kacee and I went onto that straight after. We then headed for Pirates and on to Haunted Mansion which was to become one of Kacee's favorate rides over the duration of this trip. Next up was lunch so we headed over to Main Street and picked up some chips from Casey's and some Croque Monsieurs for Ellie and I, after shelling out the best park of 20 euros for lucnch we decided that we physically couldn't spend that much every day on lunch so it was decided that we would stock up on Sarnies tomorrow from Auchan on the way to the shack.

Lunch over and everyone full we headed for Buzz
Buzz.jpg

where I got 185,000, not my best but a good start to the trip...even Kacee managed to get 2,500 which I thought was amazing for a 2 year old. By this time the boys were both sound asleep so we wandered out into the Dinsey Village and looked round a few shops and then headed over to the Studio's
towerandstore.jpg
Once awake I took Kacee on Cars and we met Buzz Lightyear and then headed back out to the Village for Kacee to look in the shops and then on to McDonalds for dinner which was the usual food from McDonalds.

We finally left the Village shortly after 8pm and headed back to the Hotel for a shower before watching Criminal Minds in German and heading off to bed.

DID YOU KNOW that the Disneyland Paris version of Pirates of the Caribbean cost the same as Asterix Park did when it first opened?

That sounds like loads of rides for a Sunday cap'n :thumbsup2 - did you find it busy for a weekend?

It was absolutly dead in the parks on the Sunday...it was a blackout day for Francillien AP Holders :thumbsup2

The last Sunday that we were there for was rammed and we only realised why there was such a difference when we got home :goodvibes

great first day in the park and what an amazing photo of the castle, it looks stunning :goodvibes can I ask what camera you use ? I did a double take as I wondered if you'd scanned in a postcard, fab fab photo !!

Gosh you managed so much with two small children!!

I agree that the photo of the castle is just stunning - probably the best I've seen - it looks like a promotional photo actually :thumbsup2

I like your castle photo too. Glad to hear that the crowds weren't too bad for you & you got the chance to get lots done.

A busy day:goodvibes I loved the photo of the castle. What camera did you use?

I am thinking same as other people who posted what kind of camera do you use.? Beautiful pictures .

I was just thinking the castle photo is beautiful too - I like your fact about Parc Asterix too!

omg i would get that castle pic blown up into a poster if i were you it is absolutely beautiful. where where you standing when you took it. i have go book a trip for when the park is all green lol

Thanks guys!

The picture was taken with my Casio Exilm camera. It was (as spotted by one eagle eyed reader) taken during my trip in 2004 rather than on this trip but I didn't have any good pictures of the Castle from this trip.

Sonya, it was taken from outside Adventureland. I love taking pictures of the castle from the side as I think it actually looks nicer from the side than the front.

Thanks guys!

The picture was taken with my Casio Exilm camera. It was (as spotted by one eagle eyed reader) taken during my trip in 2004 rather than on this trip but I didn't have any good pictures of the Castle from this trip.

Sonya, it was taken from outside Adventureland. I love taking pictures of the castle from the side as I think it actually looks nicer from the side than the front.

it is an amazing photo :goodvibes are you still using the same camera ?

This is my first time checking out a DLRP TR! I'd nosed around over here a couple of months ago when it looked like we might be headed to Germany in June 2010 and I thought a side trip might have to be in order but, that looks out for now. Maybe 2011!

The castle picture is phenomenal. I thought you'd scanned a postcard at first until I scrolled down to see the entire image.

Wow! I enjoyed days 1&2, off to read the rest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter