You HAVE to try this!! EBAY your way to DISNEY Part 2!!!!

Okay - My first auction has ended....do I send an invoice via Ebay site....what is first? Does the buyer just send the payment or do I need to contact them?

Thanks.

The first step for me is to send them an invoice via my ebay. This will give the buyer the final price, along with shipping and your acceptable payment options.

Most buyers will wait for you to make first contact or send an invoice before they make payment.

I went to payment status from the My Ebay Page and it is showing her address but not showing me if or how she is paying me........does paypal notify me because I am not seeing payment there either.

Thanks.

You will get an email when they pay you via paypal. You can also go to your sold items in my ebay and it will show what items have been paid for.

In most cases after you send the invoice the buyer will pay within a few days. Remember not everyone accesses the internet every day, so give it at least three days before "panicing." If you do not hear from them by day 4 you can email them, their email addy will be in the email you received from ebay that said your item was sold.

It looks really easy to link to USPS from Ebay thru Paypal......

What are the pros and cons of printing labels thru Paypal vs. directly through the USPS website.

PS. Most economical way of packing one (1) plate......I am sending in Priority Box but dont know if I should wrap completely in bubble wrap or what.

ANYTHING fragile should be wraped completely and have a 2" cushion all around.

As for the USPS vs Paypal/Ebay I have never used either. I have the shipping assistant downloaded on my computer to print the DC but I still go to the PO to pay for my items.

Hi- If this topic has been addressed before in this thread; I apologize. I did read through alot of it and still couldn't find my answer so here goes:

Has anyone had any experience with lost packages and filing a Domestic Claim Inquiry thru the post office?

I sold a girls clothing lot about a month and a half ago. It sold for $32.00 and I charged $17.00 for shipping. I mailed this out thru priority mail and the buyer paid insurance for up to $50.

The buyer still hasn't recieved the package. I do trust her. She seems very reasonable and patient with the whole process.
I had to wait 21 days to file and the post office told me that it may take up to 3 months to get this $ back.:(
Should I send this buyer any type of refund in the mean time? I feel guilty since I received her $ on time and now she has no package and no refund.
Also- how should I list the the clothing that was in the package on the claim form? It wants everything indivualized and the value and purchase date of each item? Since the insurance covers up to $50- Can I put the entire amount for $50 since that is how much this buyer paid for everything? sorry so long and thanks:D

This is just my opinion and it may not be popular but...why should you be out the $$ for the PO's error. What happens if they PO finds your package and the buyer get the items and you have already refunded her the $$. Just like any other insurance claim it takes time to get the settlement.

So I would not refund until I saw the settlement from the PO. I would keep the buyer informed on any updates from the PO and tell her that she will have to be patient.

Originally posted by disneychrista
This is just my opinion and it may not be popular but...why should you be out the $$ for the PO's error. What happens if they PO finds your package and the buyer get the items and you have already refunded her the $$. Just like any other insurance claim it takes time to get the settlement.

So I would not refund until I saw the settlement from the PO. I would keep the buyer informed on any updates from the PO and tell her that she will have to be patient.

I have to agree with Disneychrista..

A buyer won an auction Sunday and paid with Paypal on Tuesday including a message that she wants "the insurance for the $1.30 please" but did not include the $1.30 with her payment.

I have emailed her twice plus once through ebay indicating that she needs to remit the extra $1.30 through paypal and including my paypal information. One email I sent on Tuesday and the other 2 I sent today.

She has not responded.....arent I supposed to ship within 7 days of paypal payment?

Thanks.

Please be patient with responses, remember, as anxious as we are to complete our transactions not everyone is at the computer every day.

If you do not hear from the buyer after three days of your last email. Then email her again and state that in order to insure the item that the cost of insurance ($1.30) will need to be remitted. That you need a response no later then 3 days from the day you are emailing or you will send the item out uninsured.

vellamint I would refund the first payment and ask the buyer to submit the complete payment as one payment. If you get a payment for $1.30, you have to pay another 30 cents fee +3% (assuming you have a business account). I don't let people send me 2 payments for one auction because I don't want to pay more paypal fees.

Originally posted by imsayin
vellamint I would refund the first payment and ask the buyer to submit the complete payment as one payment. If you get a payment for $1.30, you have to pay another 30 cents fee +3% (assuming you have a business account). I don't let people send me 2 payments for one auction because I don't want to pay more paypal fees.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yes deffienly refund the payment.

I want to start listing some items to sell...but I have a few questiongs first.

I have noticed alot of sellers have really nice looking auctions with templates and everything. How do they do this?

I wanted to make sure I did this right. I went to my paypal acct. and added my ebay user name under auction tools and turned all the things on. Is that all I have to do to accept payments for my auctions? Also I do not want to upgrade to a premier acct or accept cc's, so do I just say, "I accept paypal, but not cc's." Then do I accept payments through existing paypal funds and checking accts? I am sooo confused.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Well - I am tempted to ignore the request for insurance since she did not pay for it.....if I refund her purchase and she doesnt re-pay it with insurance- then I am out Ebay fees to list it again. I don't know how I would ask ebay to reimburse a NPB when she did, in fact, pay me. And she still hasnt emailed me.

Darn this is my very first week ebaying and between her and the person who has not contacted me at all (6 days now) I am getting worried.

Do you think I should just mail it to her.....

If you do not want to accept credit card payments then make sure to go into your paypal account and turn off where it says something about "paypal perferred." Also do not check the Paypal box in your listing. As by doing this it will display the credit card logos. If you display the logos then you "have to" accept credit card payments. Under payment instructions say something to the effect Paypal Availalbe funds or direct checking account transfers only.

As for the templetes some ebay'ers pay for an auction service that allows that has these.

If you refund the payment you will still be able to get your FV fees refunded. Be sure to use the refund button so any paypals can be reversed.

I would wait at until Sunday and if I haven't heard from either buyer I would refund the Paypal payment and then go into Ebay and file FV fees. You will have to wait at least 7 days to recover your fees and relist.

Can I email her to mail me the insurance by check or money order or is that against the rules......

I "swept" my paypal account already.....does it cost to put money back into it? There is nothing left there to refund her with.

Sorry........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter