You HAVE to try this!! EBAY your way to DISNEY Part 2!!!!

No, it doesn't cost anything to put money into your paypal account.

But if I were you, I would just mail her her item. I would go ahead a buy Delvery Conformation, just for my own piece of mind. And just put a note in with the item, to let you know that insurance was not purchased, because she never paid for it after you took the time to get in contact with her about it.

Well - I don't know I am handling this correctly.

I went to the Ebay discussion boards and originally was advised to refund her money and request it back WITH the insurance. So I did.

Now I havent heard from her and I sent her quite a few emails in the past week.

AND my thread over at Ebay seems to be drawing multiple differences of opinion from - I should have paid for the insurance myself - to I should have just sent it without the insurance but with DC (which I was going to anyway).

I cant change my mind now - it is already done.........this stinks....my first week ebaying and out of 8 successful auctions I have this problem AND a winner who has not contacted me at all (Its been 8 days) despite my emails.

Thats a "problem" rate of 25% in my book.....

But I will still continue....with an attic full of collectibles from my moms estate.....I couldnt see throwing them away and took them with the express purpose of ebaying them......whatever they go for at least I know that they didnt go into the garbage because they meant alot to her....and somewhere she is happy that her "things" are making someone else happy....and us closer to a vacation in the process.

SOrry to be sappy - this week is one year she left me......and I am feeling it.

Does anyone know if you can take out the "buy it now" option after someone has placed a bid ?? I always thought once someone bids on an item, that you can not do this ??

Once there is a bid the Buy It Now will disapear. That is unless it is a reserve auction. then once the reserve is meet the BIN will go away.

Well, as much as I love Vendio, now that they have changed their fee structure, it's time to give Spare Dollar another chance.

I have a question on the shipping. I am doing a Dutch Auction. The shipping for one is $1, for each after that, it's .35. Will they just combine this auction, or will they try to combine if this person bids and wins on several auctions (shipping on another of my items is $6.00 each).

I think I'll just have to post what the shipping is, and not have paypal or ebay add it themselves...especially since I have the same (but different) item up several times, and I'll combine.

I'm also looking for more info on relisting. Do I have to "save" the auction before I list it to be able to relist? Or once I've saved it, and then finally put it up, do I delete the saved auciton, so I won't end up with two auctions when it ends. Clear as mud? How much easier Vendio is (and I like their pictures better)..might be worth the extra money..sigh.

Thanks for any help.

DMRick,

I can't answer the shipping question but as far as relisting, if you have auctions that are eligible for relisting, they will show up in spare dollar under the SDLister tab, then to the left there is an option to "Relist Item". When you click on that, it shows the auctions that are available for relist.

I save a lot of my listed auctions. You don't have to delete them and worry about it being listed twice. And when you do the relisting, it pulls the available auctions from E-Bay and not what you have saved in Spare Dollar.

Hope that helps,

Tracey in AZ

I'm not as much worried about saving the relisting fee. I sell the same things over and over..and I want to just hit a button and have it relist. Once I put my group of 300 hundred auctions over, I want to just group them and have them go up. On vendio, I just click on the left of each auction I want to put up and they all go. If they are eligbible for the credit, it says so, but all of the aucitons that closed are there. Are they there and ready to go up on SD..and can I connect say ten of them, and put them set ot go up at say, 2 pm, another batch at 3pm, etc?
In order ot have a copy of the auciton, do I have to save each auction before I schedule it to go on ebay, so I'll have a copy? And when auctions come off, do they join that batch, and can I tell which came off and which are previously saved, so they don' tgo up twice? Wish the owner would run it like vendio.

I may not be understanding your question -

You can save your ads and when you are ready to do another batch of listings, just check on the box to the left of the saved listing, then click on launch and they will all launch - or you can schedule them for a later date and time. If you have your ads saved, you don't have to worry about them double listing - once you launch the ad and it goes to E-Bay it has "separated" from SD (if that makes sense). For instance, if you were do do any edits after it is launched, you have to do it directly in E-Bay.

I'm sorry if I'm not understanding what you are asking if they come off if they rejoin the batch. I was looking through their help files and I didn't see anything that may have been a help to you to answer your question.

once you launch the ad and it goes to E-Bay it has "separated" from SD (if that makes sense).

yes, once auctions are on eBay with vendio, it's the same way..you have to do any revising through ebay. Of course that means you have to remember to fix it for good, before relisting, since the fix doesn't save.

I guess I'll just have to do them from trial and error, as far as relisting, since I don't think you understand what I am asking. I can tell I will sorely miss Vendio. I wish they hadn't changed the fee structure. It's so easy to use and the instructions are so good. I'm not buring my bridges of course. For at least a month or two, I'll keep those auctions ready to use, in case I give up on spare dollar. I did get a note from another person, and she told me I have to save each and every auction on spare dollar, and not just launch it, or I'll have to rewrite it. She also said that sometimes your aucitons to be relisted sometimes disappear. I'm thinking the extra $50 a month for Vendio may be worth it **sigh**

Ok,i have a big problem ! This has never happened to me before!!

I sent a package by UPS to lady,i used the address that was both on her paypal and ebay. She emailed me today and said she hadn`t gotten the package. so,i checked UPS and it is being sent back to me because she dosn`t live at the address anymore :mad: So,i emailed her and told her is sent it to that address that was on her paypal and it is being sent back to me because she`s moved.

She replied she had changed her address and she doesn`t know why that old addy came up?? She said she checked paypal and her ebay and it has the new addy?? I checked yet again and the old addy is what i received.

Am i going to have to pay to ship it again through UPS? I am not paying $9 shipping for her address mistake.

What do i say to her?

Help!!

Thanks!
Amanda

If you have proff that you sent the item to the address on paypal/ebay then yes I would charge her shipping again. Also if she is giong to pay via paypal and you have premier account I would make sure she pays you enough to cover those additional charges.

without havingto look through all 92 pages of this thread...... what shipping does everyone prefer ?? which is cheapest or which do people prefer ?? Thanks so much for any help !!! :teeth:

As a buyer & seller I perfer whatever is cheapest, since there is very little difference (in most cases) in how soon I will get the package.,

Ok,so how do i tell this lady she is going to have to pay for shipping again without sounding really annoyed (which i am) :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Amanda

this has been covered before but I cant find it in this never-ending thread....

Someone from Canada won 2 of my auctions even though I state that I ship to United States.

What do I do.

I have no idea of what kind of shipping (fragile stuff) to use or insurance responsibility or anything.

Thanks.

Also (Totally Different QUestion), is there a way of combining invoices in Ebay (not Paypal cuz they dont all pay with paypal).
I sent an individual invoice to each and followed up with an email stating the total of the 2 auctions with combined shipping price. But is there a way to send one corrected invoice.!?

Thanks again!

Originally posted by momto4obkids
Ok,so how do i tell this lady she is going to have to pay for shipping again without sounding really annoyed (which i am) :rolleyes:

I would just to be straight to the point. Something like

Hi,

I recieved your package back. I double checked the address and it was indeed sent to the address that is on both the ebay and paypal notifications that I recieved. In order to resend your package I will require $X in shipping.

Another option is that I can refund your bid price, less any paypal fees. If you choose this option I will have to recover my final value fees through ebay. I will do this as a mutal agreement and you will not be give a nonpaying bidder strike.

signed,

momto4obkids

Originally posted by vellamint
Someone from Canada won 2 of my auctions even though I state that I ship to United States.

What do I do.
What you do is completely up to you. Do you want to complete the sale? If so go in to usps.com and calculate shipping for the item to Canada. When you do this you can also figure in what insurance will be. I would insist on insurance on fragile items (regardless of where it is going). Package just as you would for an item going to the US. 2 inch padding around the item, etc.

If you don't. want to deal with shipping to Canada. Then just email the bidder saying that as stated in the auction you only ship to the US and that you will be unable to complete the sale. Then if there is a second bidder, you can do a second chance offer (if you choose). Otherwise just go into ebay and file an unpaid item, choosing high bidder not from listed country.

Also (Totally Different QUestion), is there a way of combining invoices in Ebay
Not sure if you can do it on a resend. But there used to be that if one bidder won more then one item it would automatically list it as an option to combine. Be sure to wait until all your auctions are complete before you send the invoice. I haven't done a lot of ebaying lately and when I have only one item as been won by a bidder.

I have 4 pairs of Mickey ears/christmas hats from MVMCP. I was going to list these but should I do it separately or should I list them as a group. I am leaning towards the group but then I was thinking that maybe someone won't need 4?? I have 2 pairs of the red christmas hat with Mickey ears, one headband with Mickey ears and a little chrismas hat AND one toddler christmas hat with a small mickey doll on brim. What do you think?? Group them or list separately.

Maggie

I would list them seperately. Most people would be looking for one (I would guess). You could always put in your description additional Disney Christmas items in my other auctions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter