You just graduated from college!! What's next? 5/13 - 5/21 THAT'S A WRAP!

I'm jealous that you drive from IL! We live in Milwaukee and it's just too far right now with an 8 and 2 year old. I think we'd go more often if we didn't have to worry about paying for flights :scared:

The food at Spice Road looks good. That might be a good place to stop for just a couple small plates and drinks for us :)

Spice Road looks good for the small plates, it seems the entree portions are pricey and not as good. Can't beat the location though!

Wow, that view of illuminations looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!! I had no idea spice road was doing entree's I thought it was all just tapas style. But from the sounds of it maybe they shouldn't have expanded.

Looking forward to the wrap up and another trip in 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So jealous

I have been following along and really enjoying your reviews. Glad to see a spice road table review because my daughter and I are going to try it on our next trip in April. I may need to change our time to a little later to see illuminations! Thanks for all the reviews

I'm jealous that you drive from IL! We live in Milwaukee and it's just too far right now with an 8 and 2 year old. I think we'd go more often if we didn't have to worry about paying for flights :scared:

Yes, there is a huge difference between traveling with an 8 and 2 year old and a 19, 22, and 25 year old...the biggest being that they could all do their share of the driving. :thumbsup2

Spice Road looks good for the small plates, it seems the entree portions are pricey and not as good. Can't beat the location though!

Yes, I really liked ending our trip with a prime seat for Illuminations.

awesome pictures from Spice Road!

Thank you! :goodvibes

Looking forward to the wrap up and another trip in 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So jealous

It will be wonderful once I get there but right now I'm in panic mode with tons to do at the office plus I haven't started packing yet. So what do I do...pay a visit to the DISboards, of course! :laughing:

I have been following along and really enjoying your reviews. Glad to see a spice road table review because my daughter and I are going to try it on our next trip in April. I may need to change our time to a little later to see illuminations! Thanks for all the reviews

Thanks so much for reading. I hope you enjoy Spice Road Table. :thumbsup2

Since I'm leaving for Disney World in just two days, I need to keep this wrap up short and (hopefully) sweet. So this will be a quick review of our dining favorites, mostly just pictures because you know what they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words." ;)

Beginning with the category of Favorite Breakfast, we had one vote from Allison for the Grand Floridian Cafe. She really enjoyed the Lobster Hash that she had there...

Lobster Hash - Two Poached Eggs, Lobster Hash, Asparagus, and Hollandaise Sauce

My favorite was the breakfast buffet at Tusker House...

Where I had ham & mustard, coconut sweet potato casserole, tater tots, bacon, scrambled eggs, sweet plantains, and oven-roasted potato wedges. As well as a Mickey waffle and Krispy Kreme doughnut holes. :thumbsup2

But with two votes, the winner of our Favorite Breakfast Award goes to Be our Guest. At our pre-park opening breakfast here Emily rated her entree a 5...

Eggs Florentine - Puff Pastry Shell filled with Scrambled Eggs, Cheese, and fresh Spinach, served with Country Ham and Roasted Plum Tomatoes

And Andrew also chose well with a 5 star entree...

a4c3b8da-3c30-441c-9322-9367e14626ad.jpg

Croque Madame - Open-faced Ham Sandwich topped with a Fried Egg, Gruyere Cheese, and Bechamel, served with fresh Fruit

Next up is our lunch winners, with Allison giving her vote to Prime Time Cafe where she had...

Dad's Stuffed Pork Chop - stuffed with Gouda Cheese, Apples, and Herbs, served with Roasted Potatoes, Carrots, and Demi-glace Drizzle

And also part of a delicious PB & J milkshake...

Emily preferred her lunch at San Angel Inn, where she shared the Chicken Tostada appetizer with Andrew and me...

Tostadas de Tinga - Pulled Chicken seasoned with roasted tomato and chipotle pepper, served on tostadas with black refried beans, green tomatillo sauce, queso fresco, and sour cream

And then enjoyed this entree...

Enchiladas Verdes de Pollo - Corn Tortillas filled with pulled chicken, covered with green tomatillo sauce, topped with sour cream, queso fresco and onions, served with black refried beans

But with two of us voting for it, the winner of our Favorite Lunch Award goes to Liberty Tree Tavern. Andrew voted for it because he liked the Pot Roast there...

New England Pot Roast with Braised Beef in a Cabernet Wine and Mushroom Sauce, served with Mashed Potatoes and Garden Vegetables (carrots, celery, and onion)

While I'm a big fan of their Colony Salad...

Colony Salad with Grilled Chicken, Washington Apples, Sweet Pecans, Applewood-smoked Cheddar Cheese, and Craisins Dried Cranberries tossed with Field Greens in a Honey-Shallot Vinaigrette

But we both agreed that the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake that we shared here was delicious...

And that just leaves dinner, where Andrew had the one dissenting vote. His choice for best dinner was Kona Cafe, where he really liked our shared appetizer...

Sticky Wings - Glazed Chicken Wings with tangy Mustard Drizzle and Toasted Sesame Seeds

And he rated his entree a 5...

Kona Coffee-Rubbed Pork Chop - Grilled and served with Mashed Potatoes, Fire Roasted Corn, and Eggplant

But I think what might have swayed his vote was his love of the sweet Kona Hawaiian bread... ;)

However the rest of us all voted for Narcoossee's as our Favorite Dinner of the trip. Emily's entree choice here was the...

Grilled Filet Mignon served with Boniato-Idaho Creamed Potatoes, Pero Farms Green and Yellow Wax Beans, Ramp Butter, and Herbed Cabernet-Oxtail Reduction

Allison chose this seafood dish for her entree...

Pan-seared Georges Bank Day Boat Scallops with Trofie Pasta with Sultana Raisins, Marcona Almonds, Young String Beans, and Herb Creme with Grilled Wild Mushrooms, Lemon-Thyme-Mustard Jus, and Arugula

And like the girls' entrees, mine was also a winner...

Line Caught Alaskan Halibut with Baby Potatoes, Spring Vegetables, Zellwood Corn Puree, Sea Beans, and Warm Tomato-Pickled Mustard Seed Vinaigrette

Then for dessert Andrew and Emily shared the...

Plant City Strawberry Shortcake - Strawberries and Cream with Vanilla Genoise (an Italian sponge cake) and Wild Strawberry Sauce

While I shared one of my favorite WDW desserts with Allison...

Almond-crusted Cheesecake with Lambert Cherry Sauce

And since it received the most votes, I'm also giving the award for our "Overall Favorite Meal" of this trip to...

And as they say in Hollywood...

This dining report is now complete but coming your way very soon will be another. So good night and sweet "Disney" dreams until next time. Thanks for reading! :goodvibes :wave2:

Next up: A whole new dining report ;)

Last edited:

Aw, so sad that your report is over! I loved reading along. The calamari at Spice Road Table looked delicious.

Have a great time on your trip! We'll be there 11/6-11/14. :)

Thank you for the great report! Glad you are heading back and we get another report :cool1: Have a wonderful trip!!!

Thanks for another fantastic dining trip report. I loved following along on all of your adventures. I can't wait to hear about the next trip.

As always, another great dining report. I always look forward to your reports as they are so informative.

Sad to see the end of this, but so glad you are heading back to Disney soon, so hopefully there will be another one!

Sorry to see this report end but excited to read the next one! Hope you have a wonderful trip and lots of delicious eats, looking forward to reading all about it! :flower1:

All is i have to is Yum!!!!! Another amazing trip and now another one in progress. Can't wait to eat all about it ; )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter