You opinion wanted, please!!

As you're seeing, it depends on what you enjoy. Different times are great for different reasons. To me I prefer late April/May for weather and lower crowds though Oct and early Nov are similar as well though not at EPCOT but then you'd have the activities going on there.. And early to mid Dec for Decorations. To be honest Jan and Sept are are favorite times due to the much lower crowds but the weather is hit or miss.

We always go over school break in March but don't do the parks. There is so much to do at SSR and DTD that we just enjoy the break. But....the week before Presidents week in February was our best ever. Low crowds and nice weather. Warm days and cool evenings. A pair of jeans and a sweatshirt kinda weather is great for the parks after dark. We're going to BCV this November, week before Thanksgiving, to see Christmas decorations for the first time. I'm hoping that the crowds will be tolerable!

We love to go in September or early October, sometimes trying to get the end of value season or the beginning of Food and Wine. It's still warm then and the crowds are low.

I am a retired teacher, so I sympathize with your scheduling issue. My choices (now that I can go anytime!):
1) Early December, while you still have a chance at warm weather but all the holiday stuff is in full swing, still time to enjoy Christmas gatherings at home
2) Late April, Early May, after the spring break crowds, before the really hot, humid weather, during the Flower and Garden festival
3) Late October, after the hot weather and hurricane season, during Food and Wine festival, especially a BW view room

Reading the trip report of people just getting back, it sounds like late April / early May is a fantastic time to go. Great weather and low crowds.

I second (edited to fouth or fifth after reading on) late April through mid-May. Went this time of year last three years. Low crowds and nice weather.

Two weeks before Thanksgiving. This will warp you into the holiday season.
Don't tell anybody. You can also do your holiday shopping. Weather is wonderful. Good luck.

December the week BEFORE Christmas week is fantastic, but books up very fast.

I love anytime post-Labor Day (US) through October for the Food & Wine Festival and the fact that many people hesitate to take children out of school that early keeps the crowds low (speaking as a single w/ no children).

I have to admit my favorite time is the second week of December. You get the benefit of low crowds while enjoying all of the holiday cheer. I avoid the first week due to Pop Warner events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter