Young couples?

senecabeach~ thank you for that lovely statement :sad1: I am sorry for your losses, but I bet your memories outweigh them. :wizard: I appreciate you sharing this with us. Hopefully it will help people to stop and think before concentrating on money issues.

I know this is how DH and I keep rationalizing our trips every year. With being childless after 5 years (all 5 trying, and still going strong), we feel we might as well do this while we can. I honestly don't know if we will ever venture to Europe because we enjoy our memories from WDW too much. It is such a strong part of our lives. I also think that the positive energy WDW exudes, has a great impact on DHs life. This is something that he and I both need in our lives.

I know this thread is meant to find out about young couples, but since I started the thread, I feel I can continue off topic a little! ;) I just wanted to add to the last two statements about money not being everything and spending time with your family, etc. We were supposed to be in WDW at this exact moment, but last Wed. my father in law had a heart attack and had to undergo open heart surgery. He is now doing very well, but we had to cancel our trip. We had already planned a trip in June with DH and his family and I can't help but think how GRATEFUL we will be to enjoy WDW with his father again! :goodvibes Make sure you all make the most of every trip and all the time you have with your family!!

Young couple here DF (24) and I (31) experienced Disney together for the 1st time last may, I took that opportunity to propose to her in front of the castle. we are returning for our honeymoon in Oct 2005. So of course for us Disney is even more magical. We look forward to bring our future kids here, but for now we enjoy the experiences we are going to have with just us, basically we are just big kids!! :earboy2:

I'm really relieved to read about other young couples honeymooning and getting married at Disney. My DH2B and I are really young (20 and 21) and are getting married this May at Disney and honeymooning at AKL for 7 nights. This will also be our first trip together. :goodvibes

DH & I are in our early 30's, no children and go to WDW at least once a year. We go so much we joined DVC in October of 2004.

Is there anyone going in may? It would be fun to meet other couples going at the same time? We could all get together for a drink at Jelly rolls no Kids allowed. :drinking1 :thewave: :drinking1

Paul & Andrea :firefight ::yes::

sunny04 said:
Just a question...it seems like most poeple that post in this section are solo travellers or couples with grown children....DH and I have been married for 2 years and began our Disney-mania on our honeymoon. Are there other young married couples out there? No kids, just two of you having a great time at WDW?

DH and I aren't young we're 35 and we've been married for 14 years this May. We have no kids and enjoy Disney THOROUGHLY each and every time that we go! :cool1: :cheer2: :teeth: :goodvibes

It would be fun to get together with other couples...but we're not going in May. We'll be there in June and Oct.

Paulie&andie said:
Is there anyone going in may? It would be fun to meet other couples going at the same time? We could all get together for a drink at Jelly rools no Kids allowed. :drinking1 :thewave: :drinking1

Paul & Andrea :firefight ::yes::

There are two couples who said they would be there in May: Me and my DH and the first couple on the second or third page(marriedmarylander). Where is Jelly Rools? :confused3

My DF and I are 26, and we just got back - had a blast! Though most of the people "our" age were really obnoxious and we were annoyed by/embarassed for them. :-)

Grand2me said:
There are two couples who said they would be there in May: Me and my DH and the first couple on the second or third page(marriedmarylander). Where is Jelly Rools? :confused3

Jelly rolls is at the boardwalk it is 21 and over only and it is a piano bar sing along make a a** out of your self type of place. We will be at disney May 24-31 and like meeting others from around the world or U.S. My wife is a Dr. and I am a Firefighter/E.M.T. I dont sing :rolleyes1 but have a great time. :cool1:
Paulie :firefight

Gee, I don't know about that "young" part... :rotfl:
DH (SkipperBubba pirate: ) and I are both 34. We got married last Oct. 30 and our ensuing honeymoon marked our second WDW excursion together.
Still happily unencumbered by ankle-biters, we're planning our next adventure for this Dec. 5-11 at WL.
Can't wait!!
Cheers,
Q
:drinking1

My DH(26) and I(25) will celebrate our second anniversary this October, although we're going in Sept for my birthday. I've been to WDW many many times, but this trip will be his first, and I absolutely can not wait. We went on DCL for our honeymoon (also a first for him) and at that point he began to understand why I'm so loopy about Disney!

sunny04 said:
Just a question...it seems like most poeple that post in this section are solo travellers or couples with grown children....DH and I have been married for 2 years and began our Disney-mania on our honeymoon. Are there other young married couples out there? No kids, just two of you having a great time at WDW?

Hmm what is young? My DH and I have been married for 10 years (woo hoo!!!) and will celebrating his 40th Bday in MK this May! We love going to WDW and would go every other month if we could! We get the looks :earseek: and questions ALL the time! We just laugh all the way down I95! We LOVE it and every trip say we are NOT going for a year or two :rotfl2:

However, when we took my brother and SiL and kids last year we did get some vindication! My brother was once again bit by the bug of our childhood years in FL and actually told us "NOW, I know why you two come here all the time!!!"

OOPS! I may not qualify we do have a child. His name is Zima, 6 Year old shepherd/lab mix we adopted him from the SPCA!

My DH and I have been married for almost 4 years and have no kids. We went together for our honeymoon ( we found that was more fun than having seperate honeymoons :goodvibes ) and well we went back in Feb of this year and we are hooked. I had been a lot before that but I have created a monster with him. He loves it there.

I know that when we have kids that we will still go but I kind of like going with just him and being able to just be us. He's my favorite person other than the mouse himself. :earboy2:

:mickeybar

sunny04 said:

YeS! We both loved Disney before and had been many times, so it was the perfect place for our honeymoon 4 years ago. This year we celebrate our 4th anniversary down there, and we go once every other year at least.

It is perfect for us. We love it.

We're a young couple and we can't get enough of Disney! We're going for our honeymoon May 22nd to the 31st, we were just there in January and we have plans to return in December! I doubt we'll be able to carry on as often with our crazy trips to the when kids arrive but we very much look forward to sharing the magic! I'm so glad there are other people just like us out there, we thought we were the only ones!

Staci

sns122 said:
We're a young couple and we can't get enough of Disney! We're going for our honeymoon May 22nd to the 31st, we were just there in January and we have plans to return in December! I doubt we'll be able to carry on as often with our crazy trips to the when kids arrive but we very much look forward to sharing the magic! I'm so glad there are other people just like us out there, we thought we were the only ones!

Staci

CONGRATULATIONS!

We got married on may 20th 2001 the 21st untill the 30th there. We will be there again during that time this year celebrating 4 years!

Dont forget to get your special Honeymoon ears.. You really get treated super special with those on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter