Your gonna think Im nuts...Disney Smell alert..UPDATE! NEW SMELL ALERT!

Who knows why but one of the kids at the place I work ran up and hugged me because she hadn't seen me in a while and she just backed up and said "You smell like Disney World." I said "I do?" and she said "Yeah you smell like the popcorn at Disney World." and her friends agreed. I thought that was weird but in a strange way and nice compliment. I mean who doesn't want to smell like Disney World.

Ok...this is totally not right, but the ladies room at our local Target smells like the ladies room near the entrance of MK. So, OP, you are not crazy! Now I have to run out to get some of that shower stuff you mentioned!

I have noticed that Target restooms smell like Disney restrooms as well. Some kind of orange/citrus cleaner smell.

They should totally have a line of Disney candles and air fresheners!

I posted this in another thread when I couldn't find this one.
This oil is a dead ringer for one of the scents in one of the resorts we were just in a month ago. I can't recall which it was but when we were burning it when we got home, both DH and I looked at each other and said "it smells like Disney!"
http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12475839&cp=4090259.4090324.4090327.4432044.11207211

We were in the BC, Dolphin, CR, BLT, GF and Poly this last trip so it's one of them.

I love Disney smells!!! I went to see Beauty and the Beast a few nights ago and was disappointed there was no apple pie smell during Be Our Guest like in Mickey's Philharmagic... :confused3

That's not bad . I convinced myself I did smell that and th champagne at the end! Smell memory right?:confused3

There was a post on a thread several years ago, where someone said that the monorail smells like an old Bandaid! :laughing: :crazy2:

They're right! It does. Like an Old band aid worn by a big sweaty elephant.

So at Christmas I Saw on Disney store online they had a line of scents. I believe the one called Magic said about having the smell of Disney at home. I was so tempted to buy it but I'm picky on scents and it was marked way down so I was leery that it smelled un magical and that is why it was marked down.

If they're starting a scent line maybe they will start to try and bottle the smells of the parks. Well the good ones anyway. I don't see monorail funk flying off the shelves! Unless it came with a "por favor mantangase alejado..." button.

I notice these things, too! Of course, my kids just think I'm obsessed, LOL.

In our mall, there is a fountain/reflection pool that smells exactly like Pirates. I love to just stand there for a minute with my eyes closed, and pretend I'm there. :lovestruc pirate:

Yes, yes, yes! When I walk into our local T-Rex, it smells like Pirates. Not throughout the whole restaurant, because then you start smelling food, but RIGHT when you walk in near the Paleo Zone. Maybe it is the water thing they have in there? Anyway, I :lovestruc it! Being at T-Rex gives me a small Disney fix and that smell just adds to it!

Oh, and when you are walking down the ramp from the monorail at the TTC, it smells like jalapenos. So now every time DH gets something jalapeno flavored, it reminds him of WDW.

I don't do room fresheners or candles, but I gotta say, you all are making me want to go and get some. I'd have each room a different smell. As I'd walk from room to room, I could relive my vacation.

I realized the other day that my shampoo and conditioner (L'Oreal Ever Pure) makes my hair smell just like the GF lobby - now I can't help myself - whenever I need a boost - I'm smelling my hair - :rotfl: BTW - it says it has rosemary and juniper and "natural botanicals".....ahhhh now if only I could use it for the laundry - I'd be in WDW heaven :littleangel:

Just wanted to let you know..I bought some of this shampoo the other day (confirming my insanity..you know you run out and buy some shampoo because some stranger on a Disney planning website tells you it might remind you of someplace in Disney. :rolleyes1)...anywho...

I have never stayed at the GF so the shampoo has no *Disney related smell* for me...but it is an AWESOME shampoo! I LOVE it! :laughing:

My son says that bottles in his bath, like old bath bubbles bottles, smell like "Yo Ho- Yo Ho" (Pirates of the Caribbean) and they do!!! Kinda musty water smell!! Love it!!

It's so strange I just came accross this post. As I was peeling a tangerine the other day I was instantly jolted into Soarin'. I don't think I've ever had a "scent memory" hit so hard.

Hey, I totally get that. Heck, whenever I smell oranges, I immediately think "mmmmm....Horizons!" It doesn't matter that it's been...gosh, 25 years since I rode Horizons! (Yes, I know Soarin' has its own orange scene, but I still think of Horizons first.)

So at Christmas I Saw on Disney store online they had a line of scents. I believe the one called Magic said about having the smell of Disney at home. I was so tempted to buy it but I'm picky on scents and it was marked way down so I was leery that it smelled un magical and that is why it was marked down.

If they're starting a scent line maybe they will start to try and bottle the smells of the parks. Well the good ones anyway. I don't see monorail funk flying off the shelves! Unless it came with a "por favor mantangase alejado..." button.

I smelled these scents at the disney store and I thought the one with the tree on it (can't remember the name) smelled similar to Beach Club. I had to buy the room spray and whenever I spray it I am transported :goodvibes: I didn't feel the others smelled remotely like anything I have smelled at Disney.

I love the smell in the back corner of DHS where Mama Melrose's wood burning stoves and bread fill the air!:love:

How about that heavenly smell that comes from the roasted nut cart at Epcot? It's just as you leave Futureworld and make the right towards Canada. :cloud9:

If you're nuts, then so am I :rotfl2: Part of our new menu is apple crisp for dessert, and that mixed with the slightly wet floor in the kitchen (from cleaning) smells just like Main St! Not to mention the other day I was on the train & the "stale"ish smell of water smelt just like Splash Mtn! Disney smells are fantastic!

The lobby of the building I work in smells like the Boardwalk Lobby. So now, I have a love/hate relationship with my building, because I smell it and think of Disney then I remember I am at work to PAY for Disney. :headache:

Maybe I am crazy, but I love the smell of the monorail. Maybe it is just childhood memories creeping back, but I love it.

I now have a Target list going too.......

Well, I guess you can count me as crazy too.

I am forever smelling something that reminds me of Disney. There is a spot in the center court of the local outdoor mall here that smells so much like Pirates I will just stand there with my eyes closed and sniff. My DD DOES NOT like it when I do that, but she agrees that it DOES smell like Pirates.

I have a very small amount of Laila left from my last trip and I won't use it until I know I can get more, but I am forever sniffing the bottle so I can "visit" Norway!

DH just ran out to Walgreens and asked if i wanted something and I told him to get me a bottle of Old Spice Komodo. He asked "for you?!?!?!" I said yea, he was like alrite?!?! I don't want to tell him why because he will just roll his eyes and grunt!!!

I love this, because smells are so evocative for me. I SO want to find the BoardWalk's scent somewhere, I've heard there's one at Bath and Body Works that might be similar?

Also, the smell of Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla coffee brewing brings me back, I think because in the relatively small space of a villa, the smell lingers, and I brew it once or twice a day on vacation. We also use this Purex laundry things when we're there that are like a sheet that you throw in the washer, it puts out detergent and fabric softener, then you throw it in the dryer and it acts like a dryer sheet. They have a specific smell that always makes me think of our vacations.

Well, I guess you can count me as crazy too.

I am forever smelling something that reminds me of Disney. There is a spot in the center court of the local outdoor mall here that smells so much like Pirates I will just stand there with my eyes closed and sniff. My DD DOES NOT like it when I do that, but she agrees that it DOES smell like Pirates.

I have a very small amount of Laila left from my last trip and I won't use it until I know I can get more, but I am forever sniffing the bottle so I can "visit" Norway!

DH just ran out to Walgreens and asked if i wanted something and I told him to get me a bottle of Old Spice Komodo. He asked "for you?!?!?!" I said yea, he was like alrite?!?! I don't want to tell him why because he will just roll his eyes and grunt!!!

Please let us know what you think of Komodo! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter