Your gonna think Im nuts...Disney Smell alert..UPDATE! NEW SMELL ALERT!

The scent used at The Dolphin Resort is Mandarin Mint. Different scents (citrus and other Ecolab products like Ocean Wave) have been used in the lobby but you can find this in the bath products.

b9715b56.jpg

Lush cosmetics sells a solid shampoo called 'Soak and Float' that smells exactly like the Rome scene in Spaceship Earth. Not the best smell in the world, but it takes me back to Epcot.

I think the monorail has a leathery/stable smell...

This semester my Nursing Clinical is at this hospital and the elevators smell just like the Monorail. A fellow nursing student who is a Disney fan...just looked at me and smiled the first time we got on the elevator and said...It smells like the monorail.

So now once a week when I go to clinical I pretend that I am hopping on the monorail and going off to the parks! :thumbsup2 It's not a great smell but sure does bring me right back to being on the monorail.

The fall before last, the pecan tree in our back yard produced a huge number of pecans, and I was trying lots of different recipes when I stumbled upon a recipe. The smell of the pecans cooking smelled just like the ones they sell at Disney! Now to go look for the recipe...

I love the water ride smells. I will often think of splash, pirates etc. when I'm around fountains in hotels etc.

Just got back from a week at Myrtle Beach and the inside of Margaritaville at Broadway at the Beach smelled just like Disney water! My family probably thought I was nuts and just excited about our trip last month but it smelled just like all the water rides/fountains at Disney :)

Haven't read past the first page, so maybe this has been posted, but the Febreeze air freshener spray "Lavender & Comfort" smells like the Beach Club Lobby :love: Use it all the time in our home now :lmao:

I hoard my bottles of lotion, shampoo, etc from my trips and when I need a WDW fix I use those products. I have my Laila too! lol

See this is one of those moments when I just love the DisBoards......who else would truly understand that those smells just make me feel so happy, so safe, and hopeful for the next time we get to go. :)

And BTW...You can get LAILA through Walgreens.com for a *very* good price!!!! I sent it to several people for Christmas and they got it within just a few days of my order being placed. :)

Lush cosmetics sells a solid shampoo called 'Soak and Float' that smells exactly like the Rome scene in Spaceship Earth. Not the best smell in the world, but it takes me back to Epcot.

Wow, that's kind of odd. I don't think I would like my hair to smell like smoke!

Okay, I just took a look and it appears that Lush is a UK brand,
but it is available here... http://www.lushusa.com/

Used my L'Oreal Ever Pure rosemary shampoo shampoo today. When I bought it months ago I just liked the fragrance and never made the connection :rotfl: Also bought car air fresheners in Sun and Sand as well!

I love this whole thread. I love how smells evoke memories too. For me, anything apple and cinnamon reminds me of America and Disney (I am from Australia). I stock up on Glade Apple and Cinnamon candles and burn them all the time.
I also bought some soaps from Basin, but I don't want to open them, once they're gone....
I love Yankee Candle melts as well. I stocked up last year when we were in Florida. But now you all have me curious to revisit so I can smell these places again, my memory is not that great...I wonder if DH will buy this as an excuse to go back to WDW soon :rotfl:

I am subbing to this!! I can't wait to hear about more smells in the parks...I need a fix every few days, lol!

bath and body works had a lotion/shower gel called green clover and aloe. they dont sell it anymore but you can get it on amazon...you can also search for that smell in candles and some companies have it. smells like the beach club.

if you go over to the resorts page and look up the beach club info this is the actual scent they use--you can purchase the system they have for a few hundred $$
--but i just buy the stuff from amazon for much cheaper lol

Funny, I have a rubber plunger that smells exactly like the scene in spaceship earth where the roman ruins are burning! My husband thinks I'm crazy!

I just bought the B&BW Seaside Escape wallflower online (sight unsmelled?). Can't wait to relive Beach Club! Thanks to everyone for a very fun (and memorable) thread.

I was at our local Craker Barrel a few months ago. Used the ladies room and while I was washing my hands, a very familiar Disney smell hit me. The hand soap smells exactly like the old resort soap/shampoo. The ones that were in the red/black/white bottles with a Mickey mouse on it. I haven't smelled that for a few years now that they use the blue H2o shampoos. Lol now for the crazy part: I have both kinds saved at home! ( my son has the older ones- he thinks they are collectors items! )You know for the Disney fix when the trip is months away? ;) well I checked and the smell is darn close. Anyone else noticed this? Hoping I am not the only one. :).
Can't wait to see who finds the Boardwalk lobby smell.... Great thread btw!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter