Your unpopular Disney opinions

I don't understand how people think that Bob Iger is the savior. He was the one that put all this crap, that everyone wants to blame on Chapek. Now they want to Instal the person that replaced Chapek, who has not had a creative bone in their body. We need a Walt to make it work with a Roy that is told fig out how to pay for it!!

Despite being a little better than regular theme park food, Disney food is way overrated by the Disney fans. I don’t know if you all have terrible food where you live but, having traveled a lot internationally, Disney food doesn’t rate well on my scale.

Hollywood studios is a shell of its former self as a working studio. Star Wars is a great addition, but I miss the great movie ride, backlot tour, sounds dangerous…. Today, if I go, it’s a half day.
Well, the very first thing you need to understand is the Hollywood studio's hasn't been a working studio for years and and years. It is now, like it was in the beginning, a place to showcase movies and obviously, like back then was IP heaven. The GMR was one of the largest IP locations in any Disney Park. The idea for the attraction might have been a Disney original, but it was certainly not focused on or built around Disney creations.

Mine is probably that the direct-to-video sequels aren't that bad. At worst they are inoffensive, and some of them are actually pretty good!

I have many!

1. Genie + (and maybe even mobile order) creates longer wait times. If everyone just joined the same line we would have have shorter wait times spread across all attractions.

2. In the parks most quick service food is better than table service.

3. Resort guests should have more than 30 mins entry in the morning.

4. The reduced mouse keeping device since Covid is a disgrace and is a way for Disney to cut staff and give resort guests a reduced service for the same price.

5. Surge pricing for tickets, Genie +, lighting lanes, etc is a joke. Set a price so people can budget.

I have many!

1. Genie + (and maybe even mobile order) creates longer wait times. If everyone just joined the same line we would have have shorter wait times spread across all attractions.

2. In the parks most quick service food is better than table service.

3. Resort guests should have more than 30 mins entry in the morning.

4. The reduced mouse keeping device since Covid is a disgrace and is a way for Disney to cut staff and give resort guests a reduced service for the same price.

5. Surge pricing for tickets, Genie +, lighting lanes, etc is a joke. Set a price so people can budget.

I am not sure any of those opinions would be considered "unpopular" - unless you're a member of the Disney Board or something! 😁

I don't understand how people think that Bob Iger is the savior. He was the one that put all this crap, that everyone wants to blame on Chapek. Now they want to Instal the person that replaced Chapek, who has not had a creative bone in their body. We need a Walt to make it work with a Roy that is told fig out how to pay for it!!
I get the sense that Disney's going to always be run by those with business degrees and rarely if anyone who's had a predominately creative career. I foresee more and more execs eyeing Disney as an opportunity for themselves and less as the means to even remotely follow a similar path as Walt.

I think WDW has not kept up with demand. As population has increased and the ability to travel greater distances has increased, WDW should have been expanding. Either by making current parks larger to accommodate the crowds, or adding more parks. As it is, they have added a phenomenal number of hotel rooms (so has the surrounding community), but have not expanded capacity in the parks.

The crowd volumes have changed how we enjoy WDW. I can't speak for the other parks, as I have not been to any other location.

Frozen is overrated. Frozen 2 was worse.
Isabela from Encanto is not an interesting enough character for Disney to market so strongly.
The soundtrack for Encanto is better than the movie itself. (EDIT: Maybe that's not so unpopular)

Andor and The Mandalorian: the next big Star Wars show needs to have an "And" in it. Band O' Clones. Candid Cantina. Sand Troopers. Lando. Jessica Tandy's Force Ghost.

YES! I am amazed at how people think things will significantly change just because he is now CEO. Not all decisions that people are unhappy about make it to the very top, and Bob Chapek can't be blamed for it all.
Yes he can…. Chapek actually got the 2022 gold medal for tragically bad ideas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter