Your unpopular Disney opinions

Disney needs an adult park…

maybe even 21 plus park that has all the cool rides….
great shows
and even better dinning….
That's Universal.

I have 2 unpopular ones. First one is Disney guests complain more about waiting in long lines then any other park.

My 2nd unpopular opinion is that Disney should build a low to the ground inverted B&M at DHS.

Parades are overrated, and not worth waiting over 5 mins for....if that

Firework shows at MK are good, but are not worth the hassle of it all. and one is not better than the other (I dont' even know what the current one is called, or which one is returning, etc.)

As a Star Wars nut since the beginning, I do wish Galaxy's Edge was on a greener planet and set during the originals, but I like Rey, most of the theming ,and don't mind that it's sequel era (don't misinterpret that I like all the sequels....we don't talk about VIII.)

Stop letting people have long, personal photo shoots, autograph sessions with characters and in photo spots like the castle, get your pictures, and get out.

Last edited:
Genie+ is fantastic

The parks are just as fabulous and magical (if not more so) as they have ever been

The food is delicious, both quick and table service, have never had a bad meal anywhere

WDW is infinitely better than DL in every way (ok, maybe not ease of park hopping, but that's about all I've got)

Park hopping at WDW is not necessary, all parks are full day parks

Harmonious is significantly better than Illuminations, I will miss it. And Enchantment is great (I like HEA the most, but prefer Enchantment to Wishes)

I don't miss daily housekeeping, I miss the $10/night I got for NOT having it

I'm sure I'll think of more

Disney baked goods are disappointing. I see all the treats on the food board, vlogs and blogs and can’t wait to try them. I make a list of everything I can’t wait to try. Then I get to Disney and about 90% of the time I am disappointed. The cupcakes, cookies, etc just don’t taste as good as they look.

I do love to bake and am pretty good at it, so most of the time I think my cupcake, cookie, cake is better. I just don’t have any decorating skills so i can’t match the cuteness.

I bought a few cupcakes, gingerbread cookies and other items in Dec and most of them went in the trash after a few bites. The only desserts I haven’t been able to make better are LTT ooey gooey toffee cake and Ohana bread pudding.

Disney needs an adult park…

maybe even 21 plus park that has all the cool rides….
great shows
and even better dinning….
I disagree. More & more the whole place IS becoming an adult park. If you have recently tried to travel with little kids, you would realize how much wdw is really not for them other than the IP. So, I guess I’ll add that as my unpopular opinion. Disney parks are little kid-friendly in theory but not practice.

Disney baked goods are disappointing. I see all the treats on the food board, vlogs and blogs and can’t wait to try them. I make a list of everything I can’t wait to try. Then I get to Disney and about 90% of the time I am disappointed. The cupcakes, cookies, etc just don’t taste as good as they look.

I do love to bake and am pretty good at it, so most of the time I think my cupcake, cookie, cake is better. I just don’t have any decorating skills so i can’t match the cuteness.

I bought a few cupcakes, gingerbread cookies and other items in Dec and most of them went in the trash after a few bites. The only desserts I haven’t been able to make better are LTT ooey gooey toffee cake and Ohana bread pudding.
I completely agree! My first trip included a QS lunch that included a dessert which was a cupcake. It was delicious! I found out later it came from Starring Rolls which closed soon after(I think that’s the name). I thought all treats were going to be yummy but am always disappointed with the exception of a dole whip. I don’t even try treats anymore.

This is so true. Especially at WDW. Disneyland has *some* better treats, usually the special holiday ones

The only reliable place for treats at WDW is Karamel Kuche.

I disagree. More & more the whole place IS becoming an adult park. If you have recently tried to travel with little kids, you would realize how much wdw is really not for them other than the IP. So, I guess I’ll add that as my unpopular opinion. Disney parks are little kid-friendly in theory but not practice.
Is that why I cant get around all the strollers?

any any destination where little kids have to be around lots of loud people, out in the hot sun, all day and part of the night, was no fun at all as I remember it, with little kids….. not just disney

Is that why I cant get around all the strollers?

any any destination where little kids have to be around lots of loud people, out in the hot sun, all day and part of the night, was no fun at all as I remember it, with little kids….. not just disney
I didn’t say ppl didn’t often try to bring little kids (hence the strollers), I’m saying it’s not as kid-friendly as advertised.

YES! I am amazed at how people think things will significantly change just because he is now CEO. Not all decisions that people are unhappy about make it to the very top, and Bob Chapek can't be blamed for it all.
I blame the Bobs.

I didn’t say ppl didn’t often try to bring little kids (hence the strollers), I’m saying it’s not as kid-friendly as advertised.
My response was to this statement….. “More & more the whole place IS becoming an adult park.”

when you cant get around the park because of stroller parking It DOES NOT feel like n adult 21 plus park……

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter