• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You've got to be kidding me

Try for a booking on one of the last days of your trip. If you'are at 180 days today and going for a week and you book the last day, you're 187 days out which will have less overlap of people who hit their 180 days up to a week ago than say trying to book it for your first or second day. Hoping that makes some sense.

That is the only day we will be in the MK Didn't buy a hopper ticket. There are EMH that evening there which is why we chose the MK for that day. I will keep checking back, I'm sure I will be able to get something. It was just super frustrating to have it literally be sold out within the first minute of the 180 day window. :/

Saw this after my previous post. In this case, my advice is to just keep trying. Two years ago I got a BOG dinner ADR 3 hours before our meal time, so anything is possible.

Aaaahhhh! Thank you for clarifying that! She made it sound like I could have called 10 days ago to make my reservations and that I blew my opportunity. I'm going to see what else we want to book and try and book it today. I would like to have one reservation per day if we can.
Keep trying for BOG. I've snagged an ADR for four people just weeks in advance when planning a last minute trip. You've got 6 months to find yours - you can do it!

Have you tried splitting up your party? For instance, if you are a party of 4, look for two ADR's for 2 people or an ADR for 1 and an ADR for 3 around the same time. Since BOG lunch is QS and you seat yourself, if you can get everyone in the door around the same time, you can just find a table for everyone in your party.

BoG has a tendency to 'find' more tables about every 30 days ... it's rather interesting.

Call it a staggered release or whatever you want.

We've encountered the exact same thing on our last 3 trips and eaten at BoG on our preferred day.

Brian

I have seen BOG open the night before you want a reservation on every one of my trips. People cancel within the 24 hour window so typically last minute reservations open. Try not to stress about it and just try then.

As many have said, keep checking. Extra Magic Hours tend to bring more than average crowds to a park, sometimes making ADRs and FP+ more challenging to book, however given the time of year you're going - I would be SHOCKED if all availability is truly gone.

I would say much more likely staggered release of availability and/or some other thing happening that day (that we don't know about yet) holding up availability.

Keep stalking the online reservation system and you'll get what you want. BoG is one that I have managed to get an ADR for every time I want it, even during the busiest of times and haven't ever had to try at the 180 day mark. I've gotten it a day or two before and months before we went, all within 15 minutes of the time I originally it wanted it on the day I wanted. I agree with PP that it seems like they "release" new availability every week or so for BoG, plus you have a very large number of people tweaking their itineraries so they cancel ADRs. You'll get it.

A couple things -
1) is it a free dining time - that often means higher crowds for restaurants even if it is a low crowd time
2) part of the reason you may be having trouble is its EMH night. People (like you) want to be there that night. Think about if the extra couple hours are worth the extra people. There is no real right answer.

I'll also add that MNSSHP has started by those dates, and non-party days (like a Wednesday) are also busier at MK. Add in EMH, and you've picked a perfect storm of a day.

That said, I have seen elsewhere that there are some wads booking BOG B, L, D for EVERY DAY OF SEPTEMBER in hopes of Free Dining. I don't know how common this is, but if it's even mildly common sometime after FD is announced (or not announced) there will be a lot of ADR purging by these individuals.

Last edited:
Thank you all for all of your thoughts. I really do appreciate it. I will keep on it. I'm sure something will open up :)

I'm in the exact same boat at the OP - wanting a lunch reservation at BoG for 9/20. What's this about TouringPlans.com offering alerts when reservations pop up? Do you have to pay that $15 subscription fee to their site? I'd love more info about this, if anybody's done it before.

I'm in the exact same boat at the OP - wanting a lunch reservation at BoG for 9/20. What's this about TouringPlans.com offering alerts when reservations pop up? Do you have to pay that $15 subscription fee to their site? I'd love more info about this, if anybody's done it before.

No you don't have to have the subscription.

You just sign up for a free account, then put in your date and restaurant. They will text you when a spot opens up matching your request.

Like PP stated, this text can come at anytime in a 24 hr period. Know that you aren't the only one getting that text. As soon as you get it, you have to pop on and reserve it.

I have neeeever made reservations at the 180 mark. And I continue to make and change my reservations here at the 33 day mark. I just got a reservation for the rapunzel breakfast thing that I've been searching for since the beginning of March/end of February. I found it before Touringplans totally coincidentally.

If it helps AT ALL, every time I've wanted a BOG reservation, I've found one. People changed their minds when the menu changes. Or if free dining is offered, etc etc. But I would definitely set up the reservation finder. It's free. You can search for two reservations at a time. Once it finds a meal for your restaurant, it lets you know and shuts off. I got one in the middle of the night, too, that I missed. Womp womp. And then a little while later, I got another text that something else had opened up.

So far, the only reservation I want and cannot get at this point is for CRT. And I'm not even 100% certain that I want to spend my money on it. I often OVERPLAN all of my reservations so that I can cancel them once I'm there. I know for a fact we won't eat breakfast every morning, but I still have ADRs for every morning of the trip. So worst case scenario, you'll find something the day of the trip. But with so much time between now and your trip, you can absolutely get your reservation.

Don't give up! I know it's frustrating. We leave in 32 days and just a few days ago got a 8am BOG. Don't fret! People rearrange their schedules all the time.

We are going during a very popular time in April - we just kept checking back in system (several times a day when I thought of it) - three weeks before our trip I got a PPO BOG breakfast reservation for 4... while looking, also saw a few lunch and dinner slots come and go. I'd definitely say keep at it - heard at 60 and 30 days out spots open up... and 24-48 hours before your visit, more spots open as people cancel when they finalize their plans. You've got this. :)

It was just super frustrating to have it literally be sold out within the first minute of the 180 day window. :/

I guarantee that is not the issue. There are many issues with Disney's reservation system, and that is not it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter