• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You've got to be kidding me

I remember the days when you would go to a kiosk in Epcot & make reservations by video with a CM in the '80s, very futuristic lol!!! I'm not a fan of the reservation system at WDW. I don't want to have to decide where I'm going to eat 2-3 months out, we used to decide what we wanted & made reservations the morning of, or waited (usually at the bar) for a table. We go to WDW about every 3 yrs, back in 2013 we visited & wanted to eat at Sci fi & couldn't. So this last trip I made reservations at 3 restaurants that I definitely wanted, the rest of the time we just winged it. The hoarding of ADRs is just plain rude, but having to plan so far ahead is irritating.

I remember the days when you would go to a kiosk in Epcot & make reservations by video with a CM in the '80s, very futuristic lol!!! I'm not a fan of the reservation system at WDW. I don't want to have to decide where I'm going to eat 2-3 months out, we used to decide what we wanted & made reservations the morning of, or waited (usually at the bar) for a table. We go to WDW about every 3 yrs, back in 2013 we visited & wanted to eat at Sci fi & couldn't. So this last trip I made reservations at 3 restaurants that I definitely wanted, the rest of the time we just winged it. The hoarding of ADRs is just plain rude, but having to plan so far ahead is irritating.

My dad planned our first trip back in 1987. Back then the earlier you booked something the better table you got. He got us front row at HDDR and SOA. I thought he was the best - I was 12. LOL! So now I try my hardest to do the same for my girls.

Oh and I should add my brother got to go on stage at HDDR and I got to at SOA. Best time!

2 trips ago, I checked for an ADR I wanted about 45 days out and managed to snag it. If people have to cancel their trips, that will be the last bit to do so without penalty, and occasionally, something will open. Don't give up, and good luck!

Cancellation is now 30 days, we had great luck finding ones under 30 before our Sept trip last year. BOG dinner, lunch, Le Cellier and more

If it's any consolation, we didn't think it was very good or worth the money. And even though we had a reservation, it took forever to get through the line.

We preordered skipped the lines. We basically walked right in.

i thought I read that touring plans can look for a reservation for you and text you when they find one. You may want to look into that.

Today is my 180 day Mark for my first reservation. I logged in at 6:01 and I cannot get a reservation for be our guest for lunch. There are no tables available. I just find it ridiculous and like there's something fishy with the system Thoughts?

I had the same experience today. I'll try again the week of and hope to have luck. I have in the past.

Since I wasn't available to get a reservation online I called exactly at seven and spoke to the reservation agent. She said that people who are staying on property can book an additional 10 days early, which I didn't realize, because I would've done that. Unfortunately the system is correct though, and even at 180 days out, there's not one reservation available. I'm honestly really frustrated. I understand the benefit of planning ahead, obviously, since I'm trying to do this six months in advance. But I just find this to be ridiculous. It's the third week of September. It's not even a high-volume time. Whatever. I know I'll end up getting a reservation by checking back a thousand times between now and then because I'm silly and want to go that badly, but it just shouldn't be that hard. Very disappointed and frustrated.

I am in this exact boat! I am looking for the same time it sounds like, 9/20 lunch BOG. Nothing! I am booking for 6 people and tried breaking it down to smaller parties, still nothing. I'm trying not to stress and just rely on the fact that I've always gotten the ADRs that I want eventually. I hope you and others are right and they just aren't available yet! Best of luck to both of us!

Ok, I'm looking on touring plans and not seeing where the ADR availability text notification thingy is without paying for a subscription. Where is it?

We used Touring plans reservations finder on our last trip and it came up with 2 hard to get reservations that we wanted. I would highly suggest trying it, its free. The entire APP is also really good, we've used it for the last few years and love it.

We were able to book lunch for 9/22 and 9/27, so it does appear that week is in the system. Smaller party, but I would think for counter service it's less about particular party size and more about total number of people in the restaurant at the time.

Like others have said, jut keep trying over the next few days -- spots will probably open up. We had a similar situation with CRT last year. Nothing for a party of 8 at 180 days on *any* of our days. Tried again a few days later and had 2 or 3 options every day. I don't know what size party you're trying to book for, but if it's a large party try breaking it into 2 or 3 smaller groups and look for reservation times that are a few minutes apart. Since you seat yourself for lunch, it's not a big deal if your reservations are for 2 different times (assuming they're within 5-10 minutes of each other). The group with the earliest reservation can just get a table for the whole group and the others can join them when they arrive. While I didn't have a problem getting a lunch reservation for a party of 8 at BOG at 180 days, I wasn't able to get the perfect time for us when I initially made the reservation. But over the next few weeks I was able to move the reservation up to a better time for us. Just keep an eye on things, a time will probably open up for you.

Have you tried splitting up your party? For instance, if you are a party of 4, look for two ADR's for 2 people or an ADR for 1 and an ADR for 3 around the same time. Since BOG lunch is QS and you seat yourself, if you can get everyone in the door around the same time, you can just find a table for everyone in your party.

I totally agree with this idea if nothing shows up. I actually made reservations for dinner at BoG last trip for two parties of 4 because that's all they had. When we got there we asked if they could seat us together and without hesitation we were brought to a table of 8 right under the center chandelier of the ballroom :) And with seat yourself lunch as PPs pointed out, this prospect is even better!!

One key thing that I didn't see mentioned - are you possibly searching for a party of 3 or 5? The reservation system is notorious for making it difficult to book odd-numbered parties. (Does this make sense? No, but there's no denying what we've seen over the years.)

If this is the case - or even if it isn't - try searching for a party size one more than what you have.

I've see the odd-number party thing repeated here a few times, and as we're a party of 3, I was prepared to book for 4, but I made ADRs the other day for 9/19-25 and had no problems getting what I wanted, including BOG and Ohana, for 3. I did first book Ohana at a later time than I wanted for a party of 4, but within 30 minutes I was able to get an earlier time for 3. That time is a little too early, so I keep checking for a little later, but neither 3 or 4 is available, so I'll live with it.

Take heart...when we were there in December 2015, I couldn't get a BOG lunch at 180 days. I kept watching and about 60 days out there was available times. They went quick when word got out, but I got one. Keep checking.

I'm glad you got your ADR! A couple of weeks ago, I checked the app on a whim right before going to sleep and got a pre-park opening ADR for breakfast the next morning :)

One key thing that I didn't see mentioned - are you possibly searching for a party of 3 or 5? The reservation system is notorious for making it difficult to book odd-numbered parties. (Does this make sense? No, but there's no denying what we've seen over the years.)

If this is the case - or even if it isn't - try searching for a party size one more than what you have.

We would need 3. If we get a table for 4, how do we reduce the reservation to 3?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter