• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You've got to be kidding me

Today is my 180 day Mark for my first reservation. I logged in at 6:01 and I cannot get a reservation for be our guest for lunch. There are no tables available. I just find it ridiculous and like there's something fishy with the system Thoughts?

I see nothing different about that. I've gotten exactly two BOG lunch reservations since it opened, and I've tried for more than that. I've tried and tried to change them or get others, and nothin'.

I think WDW needs to change the way they handle the ADR's. I've saw on these boards where people make two or three reservations for each meal and then decide later which want they want to keep. That keeps people who just want to make one a day for their families from getting any of the prime restaurants. Not everyone has time to check online hundreds of times per day - some people have jobs where they can't be on a computer 24/7.

OP, as many have said, you'll probably land BOG eventually.
I've wondered if the new movie will have an effect on BOG? It was already very popular, but might be even more so with the release of the movie.

I think WDW needs to change the way they handle the ADR's. I've saw on these boards where people make two or three reservations for each meal and then decide later which want they want to keep. That keeps people who just want to make one a day for their families from getting any of the prime restaurants. Not everyone has time to check online hundreds of times per day - some people have jobs where they can't be on a computer 24/7.

They tried to with the credit card requirement and cancellation charge - and setting a limit on how close together they can be made. BUT people are creating dummy MDE accounts to do it. Until they figure out a way to stop that - which I don't see happening as they haven't come up with a way to stop people from booking a dummy campsite to get early access to FP+ - people will find a way to cheat the system unfortunately.

They tried to with the credit card requirement and cancellation charge - and setting a limit on how close together they can be made. BUT people are creating dummy MDE accounts to do it. Until they figure out a way to stop that - which I don't see happening as they haven't come up with a way to stop people from booking a dummy campsite to get early access to FP+ - people will find a way to cheat the system unfortunately.
I find this so disheartening. It makes me sad that people are more worried about hoarding ADRs and FP+ for themselves than being considerate of others.

I doubt the movie will have any impact.

There are a couple factors here:

1. September-December, you have party nights factoring in on BOG. It shifts demand around quite a bit when MK will "close" at 7PM save for hard-picketers 3-4 nights/week.

2. People hedging bets on free dining and loading up.

3. The fact that, generally speaking, MK does not have a lot of good options going on. Fantasyland is BOG, CRT and a variety of traditional QS without loads of variety. Your other TS/ADR options at MK are Crystal Palace (buffet, character), Skipper Canteen ("oh that's weird and the kids won't EAT that"), Tony's, The Plaza and Liberty Tree.

4. The whole "such a good value on DDP!" thing.

5. Hype.

Movie might add a bit to hype, but not so much it's going to be a big influence compared to the issues presented by 1 and 3. 2 and 4 just make it messier.

I doubt the movie will have any impact.

There are a couple factors here:

1. September-December, you have party nights factoring in on BOG. It shifts demand around quite a bit when MK will "close" at 7PM save for hard-picketers 3-4 nights/week.

2. People hedging bets on free dining and loading up.

3. The fact that, generally speaking, MK does not have a lot of good options going on. Fantasyland is BOG, CRT and a variety of traditional QS without loads of variety. Your other TS/ADR options at MK are Crystal Palace (buffet, character), Skipper Canteen ("oh that's weird and the kids won't EAT that"), Tony's, The Plaza and Liberty Tree.

4. The whole "such a good value on DDP!" thing.

5. Hype.

Movie might add a bit to hype, but not so much it's going to be a big influence compared to the issues presented by 1 and 3. 2 and 4 just make it messier.
I'm sure all of those other things factor in (as they always have), but I still think all things Beauty and the Beast will see an increase in popularity, including the already popular Be Our Guest restaurant. I don't see how it couldn't be affected.

2 trips ago, I checked for an ADR I wanted about 45 days out and managed to snag it. If people have to cancel their trips, that will be the last bit to do so without penalty, and occasionally, something will open. Don't give up, and good luck!

I'm sure all of those other things factor in (as they always have), but I still think all things Beauty and the Beast will see an increase in popularity, including the already popular Be Our Guest restaurant. I don't see how it couldn't be affected.

I agree -- I think the movie *will* impact the popularity (actually, it probably already has). I know 3 families who are heading to Disney in the next few months. Two of those families only have sons/grandsons (no girls). The 3rd one had a girl and a boy. None of them had any interest in eating at BOG when making ADRs in the last few months. Now that they've seen the movie, they're all trying to snag a lunch (or breakfast) ADR there. I'm sure they're not alone. I'm not saying that the movie is the cause of OP's experience this morning of everything being booked (I think that's either a system issue or Disney hasn't released all of the availability yet) or that it's the only factor in BOG being a tough ADR to get, but I do think the movie is going to increase the number of people trying to book that restaurant for the next several months -- possibly years. And I'm guessing the B&TB show at DHS is seeing an upsurge as well.

Today is my 180 day Mark for my first reservation. I logged in at 6:01 and I cannot get a reservation for be our guest for lunch. There are no tables available. I just find it ridiculous and like there's something fishy with the system Thoughts?
If it's any consolation, we didn't think it was very good or worth the money. And even though we had a reservation, it took forever to get through the line.

Yesterday I was trying to help someone with a BOG lunch and there was one for today. It was 12 hours away and there it was. You'll find it if you keep looking.

how many days are you going to be there and what dates are you going and how many people

It's the third week of September. It's not even a high-volume time.
Yes, it is. Late September is not the low crowd time it used to be.

Check crowd reports for late September & October 2016, & you'll see that early fall is now a very popular time for people to go to Disney World.

I do not know where my discussion for alternatives for be our guest are! But I would try one of the monorail resorts.

Most likely there are still seats not loaded yet. Its pretty unlikely for such a big restaurant to be fully booked up already.

I did my August ADRs a little while ago and ran into the same issue with 2 restaurants. I hung in there and about a week later, I got my reservations. From what I can tell, it's pretty common.

This is accurate. I've had dinner and lunch there. Won't be back.
We had breakfast just so we could check the place out. I freaking LOVE Beauty and the Beast. Have seen the cartoon version more times than I can count, saw the musical in NYC on Broadway, helped direct the musical when we put it on at the high school where I teach, and I'm busting with excitement to go see the movie tomorrow afternoon. LOVE it!

But that restaurant is way, way, way over-hyped IMO. I have no desire to go back, not even to try the other meals.

One key thing that I didn't see mentioned - are you possibly searching for a party of 3 or 5? The reservation system is notorious for making it difficult to book odd-numbered parties. (Does this make sense? No, but there's no denying what we've seen over the years.)

If this is the case - or even if it isn't - try searching for a party size one more than what you have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter