Ziploc-3-1-1 Rule??

Lizzytish

Earning My Ears
Haven't flown since the 3-1-1 rule has been in effect. I thought I read here some time ago that the quart size bag can't have writing on it - like "ZIPLOC"- imprinted on bag. Is this true? Does it matter if it's a sliding "zip" like Hefty or a "press down both sides together" like Ziploc? I know it sounds silly but I've checked the TSA website and it just says quart sized, clear plastic zip lock bag. I'm taking the "clear" part as not a colored plastic bag. Many thanks for your help!! :cool1:

It can have writing.

They like the zip top type.....

(Harry Potter put a spell on them so they are safe??)

All I own are Ziploc brand and I've never had a problem at the airport. The last time I flew, a few weeks ago, I noticed that Security had quart-sized bags on hand.

I'm another who has never had trouble with 'branded' bags. I've also been fine with 1 litre bags (rather than 1 quart bags).

As yazee1 mentioned, many airports do have bags available, but I find it easier/better to fill my bag before I leave my house.

Thanks so much for all your quick answers! I kinda figured it wouldn't matter. Guess I'll use the Hefty Slide. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter