1/15/2005

We were booked through DCL at the Hyatt for Friday night and we were called and told that the Hyatt is way over booked so if you are booked there you may want to call and confirm your reservations. We are now staying at the Dulphin on site so we won't be to the port until much later. We don't leave the Dulphin until 11:55 we were told. Ugh but oh well what can we do.

Pauline

We booked the hotel and air independently, so we should be fine, plus we haven't received a phone call. We're due into Orlando at 9 am, and we're pre-checking in before heading to the Magic Kingdom, so if there is any problem it can be handled early.

We'll see you all on board, can't wait to get to Florida and a step closer to the ship.

Well we are all packed and ready...only one glich so far. I have glasses and my sunglasses had the lense come out last night at about 12:30 a.m. in my hand with no screw to be found. NOT A GOOD THING! So now we have to take the dog to the kennel then go and try to beg my optomotrist (who I am booked into see in two weeks...go figure) and try to get them to fix them in a matter of minutes.
Then drive our behinds to the airport witch will take about 2 1/2 hours.

See you all there!!

Pauline

Thank You Everyone !!

I was unable to attend the DIS meet since it was the same time as the Disney Vacation Club get together. When my kids heard that they were giving hats away at the Disney Vacation Club meet they wanted to go there.

I wanted to give everyone a quick thank you for all the great information I learned from the board. This was our first cruise, it was very helpful to know the tricks before going.

David

We missed you at the meet! It was very nice to get to know all of you.

Now- for an less pleasant subject.....

Was anyone else as disappointed in that cruise as I was??? I don't think I'll ever cruise again.

Hi Karen,
I agree, it dod not go exactly as we had planned. I don't know if you know or not but fo us, on top of missing two ports, my son got the stomach bug and was isolated in the cabin w/us for 24 hours. However, we thought the ship and the clubs were great and plan on cruising w/Disney again. Was your main dissappointment missing Grand Cayman and Castaway Cay, or did something else happen??

Kelli

I too agree, the trip was a disappointment! Not one that would turn me off a future trip, but this was my one shot to convince DH that this was the way to travel. He was not keen on the trip in the first place - He has the "I don't want to feel cooped up on the ship all week" mentality. Well, four full days at sea was just too much for him. And it was just so cold all week! I have cruised the same itinerary during the first week in January before and had beautiful weather.

I can't however complain about the ship and the service. It was true to Disney form and there is just nothing that they could do about the weather! I couldn't get over the people who were just screaming at the crew on Friday morning. I just stood there and listened in shock - It was just not their fault!

I didn't scream at anyone (although I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wanted too!), but there was more then just the weather that was bad for us. Disney touts it's cruiseline as something adults can enjoy. I am a huge Disney fan- but I did not enjoy this cruise. Missing 2 ports was bad, but that was just the start for us. There is a big list of things I'm writing to them about. We'll see how they respond- and then my opinion of the DCL will be permanently formed.

Kelli- I'm sorry to ehar your kids were sick. That had to make it evn more miserable for you all.

karebear1 said:
Disney touts it's cruiseline as something adults can enjoy.

Along those lines I have to admit that the entertainment bored me to tears. The kids were happy....but the shows were so geared toward children that once you saw one it was enough.

Karebear - What other issues did you have with the trip?

Hope everyone else made it home without too much fuss. It was great to finally meet most of you. It's a shame we didn't get to do 2 islands and the dreary weather wasn't much help.

BigJack- Are you ready for our next cruise?? I'll be your partner in the putt-putt golf if you need a partner.

WeLoveDVC- I'm sorry I mentioned that we might miss Castaway Cay.

Pershing- Hope you and your kids had a great time.

I also had some issues with our dining service. I explained it to the Head Waiter who assured me he'd correct the problem. He didn't do anything except request that the servers spend more face time at my table. I went to the dining room senior officer and explained my problem to him too. He asked if my head server resolved my problem and I told him no. He then asked if the servers spent more time at my table (this must be their solution to problems) and I told him yes, but my problem wasn't with their time at my table it was with their getting orders wrong every meal and poor overall service. I'll send an e-mail to DCL also...Mark

Don't have much to say about the cruise as I do US air...........had a missed flight on the way down and didn't get out of Florida untill Monday lucky for us that our Nephew lives @ the Cape.

I guess if I had anything negative about the cruise is that it seemed to me that Disney (at least the ships personal) didn't seem to the think that we deserved some kind of rebate or something for the missed ports........wonder how they would feel if I had paid only 50% of the bill.

our servers where great and our table mates where very nice people but can understand that could be the luck of the draw.

But met some great people and had fun at the clubs at night!!!!
as i look out my window at all that white stuff wish i was on deck nine sipping a drink instead of looking at this stuff!!!!!!!!!

Steve

Hello Steve & Shirley- It was great to meet up with you. We really enjoyed hanging with you at the clubs. Sorry you didn't get to watch my kids. I know you had your hearts set on it!! The picture of you falling on the floor laughing that night after the clubs still makes me laugh each time I think about it...Mark

I've read a few of Steve and Shirley's posts Mark and I can't quite see what you meant by the way they acted around you, but then again you actually saw them in action. From what I can see they seem very nice.

Cheers,
Grumbo

I got the flu after I returned home so that's why I haven't posted.

Mark and Sandra-thanks for inviting me to sit with you at the Castaway party. I def. enjoyed those Bahama Mama's

Kellimomo- Your best friend has a son in my son's class and they've known each other since Kindergarten. Guess my mind was on Vacation also.

We Love DVC- Great to bump into in the hallway!

We had fun. Yes, major disappointments, but we enjoyed Paradise Beach in Cozumel. The boys have been showing off their Sombrejo's.

I didn't realize people were so unhappy. Those titles on the trip reports! I haven't read them yet.

I guess because the cruise was just one part of our trip, we didn't feel it too much when we missed the ports.

I did re-book, but for way out and realize that I can't go at that time.

:flower: :flower: :flower:

I have to admit-we are looking at Las Vegas for our next trip, instead of another Disney Cruise.

Hi Pershing,

We were at Paradise Beach too!! We loved it!! If you read my trip report, you will see that we had a wonderful time! We are retunring in Feb. 06. That's funny about Sherri's son. I am assuming you mean Dakota?? Hope you feel better soon..
Kelli

We also had an excellent time. Sure it was a bummer to miss two ports, especially CC, and we can totally understand people being disappointed, but we can't quite figure out why a number of people were SO cranky about the week. The weather wasn't that bad, plus we were in the Caribean in January, how bad can that be? Beat the cold and snow here.

We can't wait to get back on board, hopefully February 2006!

I LOVE your attitude AllEars!! We are crusing the Western again on Feb. 25, 2006. Like you, we kept thinking that winter in the Northeast was worse than this!!

Kelli
:groom: princess: pirate: pirate: pirate:

Hi Kelli, that's the same week we're pricing right now. We've been trying to get some other family members to come along for a couple of years now, so we're not 100% sure of our date, but that one is looking the most promising.

We very much enjoyed meeting you, your husband and cute kids while waiting to board and running into you on the ship. As you know, this wasn't our first cruise, but that doesn't mean our expectations are any lower. We have found that DCL does the very best they can in any given situation. And we choose to roll with the punches. I am fanatical about service and don't settle for lousy service, but I also have some very realistic views of what can and can't be done. And I really do believe a not so great day on a cruise ship is better than a day at work.

We're very glad you had a great time and I've skimmed your excellent report. The spa stuff cracked me up. I went for a treatment and wrote the same thing about sales pitches. The treatment was most relaxing, but I did find the person a little less chatty than usual.

Perhaps we'll sail again with you next year!

John

John,
Hopefully we'll see you next year. My son is still talking about all your pins!! I hope your kids forgave you for not bringing them along!!

Take Care,
Kelli
:groom: princess: pirate: pirate: pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter