• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2011 Annual Dues are out

After looking at the details for AKV and BLT, this is what I discovered:

For AKV:
Housekeeping went from .3887 in 2010 to .5626 in 2011. That is an increase of 44.7%:scared1:. When I look at all the resort budgets posted at DVCNews.com, the amount charged for 2011 will still be the second lowest at WDW (BLT is only .02 lower in 2011). In comparison, Housekeeping for BWV, BCV & OKW will all be over .90 in 2011.

For BLT:
The top four expenses in order are Housekeeping, Administration and Front Desk, Maintenance and Transportation. These four make up 73% of the total. They increased by 14.9%, 24.4%, 16.2% and 23.4% respectively.
I don't know what conclusions to make. BLT still has the lowest cost per point for operating expenses but that should be expected for the premium point requirements per night.

Overall the dues for AKV and BLT only went up by 1.3% and 3.1%. It makes me wonder if they lowered the capital reserve component to try to mask the significant increase in the operating expenses.

I'll take a guess...since both AKV and BLT were still in very active sales last year, more units were declared into DVC. If you are looking at the gross figure of operating budget for the entire resort, naturally operating costs would increase as more units are added.

If you look at overall figures, if you are doubling the number of units actually part of DVC, the overall total budget for operating for the resort would also increase.

Chuck, I was looking at the cost per point and not total dollars. For AKV, the number of vacation homes was the same for 2010 and 2011 (341) so the dollar costs would be comparable but I was still looking at the cost per point.

I wonder if the higher housekeeping at the popular resorts are because there might be more short reservations in order to get the room. EG 1 night at BCV followed by 2 nights at BLT causing more turnover and housekeeping.Just a thought.

SSR's dues were $4.46 last year. If my math is right, SSR's dues only went up 1.1%?

We just went through ROFR on a resale purchase on 250 points at SSR. Part of our rationale for purchasing at SSR was that the annual dues were lower and had gone up slower. We're glad that it paid off-- at least for this year.

We hope to close on our purchase in about a week, and we look forward to finding out more about DVC and using the points.

I had read that in the POS for GCV, there was a clause saying that existing hotel rooms could be declared/converted into DVC. This may be part of the reason the point charts are still not out. It would appear that DVC has exercised that option, adding more rooms (and thus more points at the resort for sales) to the DVC portion of the resort. Those rooms should become available as those units are declared into inventory. Similar to the "Inn Rooms" at VB, or SSR adding the treehouses.
Wouldn't the Inn Rooms at GCV cost less points considering the lack of amenities if that were the case? The point charts are out. A good guess on your part though.

Wouldn't the Inn Rooms at GCV cost less points considering the lack of amenities if that were the case? The point charts are out. A good guess on your part though.

At VB, the Inn Garden View rooms are less than studios. The Inn Ocean View rooms are the same as studios.

If they are showing the GCV hotel rooms on the dues statement, it seems like something should be coming out.

At VB, the Inn Garden View rooms are less than studios. The Inn Ocean View rooms are the same as studios.

If they are showing the GCV hotel rooms on the dues statement, it seems like something should be coming out.

I am really hoping they convert those hotel rooms to DVC!! How long would it take before those rooms become available for booking?

I am really hoping they convert those hotel rooms to DVC!! How long would it take before those rooms become available for booking?

I thought it was strange from the start that they only built 48 DVC rooms, considering they added a huge wing. I found this article from when they announced the expansion. It says 200 hotel rooms plus 50 villas. That pretty much matches the numbers that were on the 2011 dues statement.

http://www.lasplash.com/publish/Domestic_150/Disneyland_Grand_Californian_Hotel.php

I bet they wanted to see how long it took to sell the original 48 rooms, plus it pressured people into buying quick thinking it was a small resort. If I was on a solo trip, I would book a studio but if I was with friends, I would book a regular room for the 2 beds.

SSR's dues were $4.46 last year. If my math is right, SSR's dues only went up 1.1%?

Yep - according to the booklet I received, "This assessment is 1.1% higher than it was in 2010. Since inception, the compound annual growth rate is 2.5%"

Based on the info on the first post, SSR again has the lowest increase in assessment of all the DVC's. Don't know how long that will last, but it gives me another reason to be glad to own SSR, especially considering that the annual dues cost over the lifetime of the contract is the greatest expense to membership.

GO SSR! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

TJ

Here's the 2011 breakdown for SSR:

$2.5962 Operating Budget
$0.8771 Capital Reserves
$1.0390 Estimated Taxes
======
$4.5123 Annual Dues for SSR

OKW

$3.3261 Operating Budget
$0.7144 Capital Reserves
$0.9420 Estimated Taxes
=======
$4.9825 Annual Dues

This assessment is 2.2% higher than it was in 2010. Since inception, the compound annual growth rate is 3.9%.
Thanks for the info. Don't know how you get it already. Hopefully the increase in assessment slow down even more in the future. It will be over $5 next year. yikes!

I received the annual dues statement for Bay Lake Tower.

BLT

$2.3492 Operating Budget
$0.6587 Capital Reserves
$0.8864 Estimated Taxes
=======
$3.8943 Annual Dues for BLT

The 2010 dues were $3.78 ($3.7756)

This assesment is 3.1% higher than it was in 2010. Since inception, the compound annual growth rate is 3.0%.

BWV

$3.5774 Operating Budget
$0.9211 Capital Reserves
$0.9567 Estimated Taxes
=======
$5.4552 Annual Dues for BWV

The 2010 dues were $5.36 ($5.3601)

This assesment is 1.8% higher than it was in 2010. Since inception, the compound annual growth rate is 2.6%.

VGC

$2.8471 Operating Budget
$0.4225 Capital Reserves
$0.8005 Estimated Taxes
=======
$4.0701 Annual Dues for VGC

The 2010 dues were $3.94 ($3.9388)

This assesment is 3.3% higher than it was in 2010. Since inception, the compound annual growth rate is 3.2%.

Other reported dues are:

AKV (courtesy of KAT4DISNEY)

$3.3518 Operating Budget
$0.7178 Capital Reserves
$0.9447 Estimated Taxes
======
$5.0143 Annual Dues for AKV

The 2010 dues were $4.95 ($4.9496)

The assessment is 1.3% higher than it was in 2010. Since inception, the compound annual growth rate is 2.1%

HHI (courtesy of WebMasterDoc)

$4.1628 Operating Budget
$1.2509 Capital Reserves
$0.2621 Estimated Taxes
======
$5.6758 Annual Dues for HHI

The 2010 dues were $5.57 ($5.5675).

The assessment is 1.9% higher than it was in 2010. Since inception, the compound annual growth rate is 5.1%

BCV (Courtesy of JimC)

$3.6808 Operating Budget
$0.6495 Capital Reserves
$0.9448 Estimated Taxes
=======
$5.2751 Annual Dues

This assessment is 2.4% higher than it was in 2010. Since inception, the compound annual growth rate is 3.8%.

VWL (courtesy of LauraLee)

$3.7207 Operating Budget
$0.6767 Capital Reserves
$0.9456 Estimated Taxes
=======
$5.3430 Annual Dues for VWL

This is 2.8% higher than 2010.

Since inception, the compound annual growth rate is 3.9%.

OKW (courtesy of JimC)

$3.3261 Operating Budget
$0.7144 Capital Reserves
$0.9420 Estimated Taxes
=======
$4.9825 Annual Dues

This assessment is 2.2% higher than it was in 2010. Since inception, the compound annual growth rate is 3.9%.

SSR

$4.5123 Annual Dues

Aulani

$4.3071 Annual Dues

VB (courtesy of sap1227)

UnSubsidized

$5.1446 Operating Budget
$1.1107 Capital Reserves
$0.5207 Estimated Taxes
=======
$6.7760 Annual Dues

This assessment is 2.5% higher than it was in 2010. Since inception, the compound annual growth rate is 6.0%.

(Subsidized)

$3.8560 Operating Budget
$0.9375 Capital Reserves
$0.5207 Estimated Taxes
=======
$5.3142 Annual Dues

This assessment is 2.6% higher than it was in 2010. Since inception, the compound annual growth rate is 4.1%.

Why is there no breakdown for SSR dues???

ssr's dues were $4.46 last year. If my math is right, ssr's dues only went up 1.1%?

page 6 of the mailer confirms 1.1% year to year increase and 2.5% compound annual growth rate since inception!

page 6 of the mailer confirms 1.1% year to year increase and 2.5% compound annual growth rate since inception!

We just purchased SSR points in part because we were pleased with the low annual fees. Thanks for posting the 2011 figures and the breakdown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter