2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

Would you recommend attending the Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic? I have to attend a conference at the Dolphin and have a chance to go to this event. Was it worth it? Any tips or advice would be great!

There are a lot of options for ways to enjoy the Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Event. Google the tickets site for the event, and you'll see them. There's a relatively low cost way to check it out for I think $50.

Menu update:
I emailed the Food and Wine app about the differences between what I had seen online ( Mexico Margarita Choices and Italy's Penne) Turns out that Disney did make the changes. If you go to their FW page you will see that the app reflects Disney's most recent menus.
So, no more Penne, meaning no pasta in Italy!
Instead it is a beef stew with Parmesan polenta.

I don't recommend that beef stew. The meat tastes overly processed, and it's served in a weird container. For the same money, there are much better choices.

Shame that they chose it in place of lamb T-bone.

I wanted to try the prickly pear margarita :(
Any other location I can find it?
That was one of my son-in-law's choices too! Maybe they serve it in one of their restaurants, maybe La Cava de Tequila?

ETA: I just checked all the menus for Mexico on allears and couldn't find a prickly pear Margarita. Perhaps the new tequila stand, Choza Tequila, will have it. Not sure of their opening date, but I think someone mentioned seeing it on the Festival map?

Last edited:

Ok Food and Wine friends, I need some opinions. Before I ever did any F&W research, I made an ADR at 180 days for Beaches and Cream at 5:20 on our arrival night. I have never been there and always wanted to try it. Fast forward to now, when I have gotten feedback from my DD and her husband saying they want to spend lots of time at F&W, they've checked so many choices!, and looking at my own wish list with about 40 selections and I am wondering: if my arrival day plan is to go to Epcot after unpacking and getting settled, with a FP now for Soarin at 7:20-8:20, why would we fill up at B&C before going over to F&W?! I feel bad thinking about canceling it, I know how popular it is, but I thought my family group would probably prefer to get over to Epcot and start eating and drinking. :) (I did plan on spending 2 other times there, but now I know that they want to spend LOTS of time there)
I've looked at my itinerary and there are a couple of other days I could fit in in, but of course now there are no ADRs. Maybe I should just cancel it and hope I can get lucky. Or just save it for a future trip when it will not be our first F&W.
What do y'all think?

Ok Food and Wine friends, I need some opinions. Before I ever did any F&W research, I made an ADR at 180 days for Beaches and Cream at 5:20 on our arrival night. I have never been there and always wanted to try it. Fast forward to now, when I have gotten feedback from my DD and her husband saying they want to spend lots of time at F&W, they've checked so many choices!, and looking at my own wish list with about 40 selections and I am wondering: if my arrival day plan is to go to Epcot after unpacking and getting settled, with a FP now for Soarin at 7:20-8:20, why would we fill up at B&C before going over to F&W?! I feel bad thinking about canceling it, I know how popular it is, but I thought my family group would probably prefer to get over to Epcot and start eating and drinking. :) (I did plan on spending 2 other times there, but now I know that they want to spend LOTS of time there)
I've looked at my itinerary and there are a couple of other days I could fit in in, but of course now there are no ADRs. Maybe I should just cancel it and hope I can get lucky. Or just save it for a future trip when it will not be our first F&W.
What do y'all think?

We had the same issue but it's just the two of us. We have reservations at 'Ohana the night we arrive and I cancelled all my other ADRs including the one at the Garden Grill simply because I think the F&W will be enough. We may throw in a QS or two if need be during the week, but I didn't want to chance being charged for cancelling within 24 hours when we just (probably)m won't be hungry.

The thing about Beaches and Cream is that while it's quite good burgers, fries, and ice cream (to the best of my recollection - haven't been since the 90s), it is still just burgers and fries and ice cream. Whereas a lot of the stuff at F&W is food you can't find quite so readily.

What do y'all think?

What type of Admission Tickets do you have? What day of the week are you arriving? Friday nights & Saturdays EPCOT is a Zoo during F & W so if your arrival is either of those days I'd skip it. Are you getting to WDW early enough in the day that you really want to use a park admission on arrival day? If you would only have a few hours at a park on arrival day I personally wouldn't waste a day's admission just to get a jump on F & W. Mind you I currently have an AP so I my case it doesn't matter. My Mom on the other hand will just be getting her AP activated so we won't be visiting any park on arrival day even though we will be staying @ Boardwalk. We don't make any ADR's during F & W because we like to graze around World Showcase. We also book some of the Special Dining events so those serve as our big meals during F & W trips. I understand not wanting to give up the Beaches & Cream ADR but if your trip is really all about F & W there is always next time.

Kinda disappointed in the margarita switch. I was looking forward to trying the prickly pear and pomegranate. Classic lime if it's done right is an OK choice though not particularly exciting. I can't say spicy apple sounds appealing.

I really wish they brought back the jalapeño. :(

Last edited:
What do y'all think?

I really enjoyed Beaches & Cream when I ate there, however, with so many choices and plans to be in Epcot anyways later that night, I think I'd cancel and eat at F&W. B&C was really filing since we had burgers and then sundaes. I'd rather have that stomach space to knock out a few food and drinks. I never get to try everything on my list, even with multiple visits so I think that's the route I would personally go.

Thanks all! You are confirming my inclination to cancel B&C. All good reasons- stomach space and park time being high on the list. It will have to wait for a future trip. We usually stay at WL, so I thought staying in the Epcot area, this would be a good time to go. But, who knows? Perhaps we will fall in love with the BW and Epcot area and stay there again on a future trip.
Thanks again!
P.S. If everyone who goes to F&W on opening day complains to Italy about not offering a pasta dish, do you think they will change their menu? :) But, seriously, do the booths ever change their offerings once the sign boards go up?

Thanks all! You are confirming my inclination to cancel B&C. All good reasons- stomach space and park time being high on the list. It will have to wait for a future trip. We usually stay at WL, so I thought staying in the Epcot area, this would be a good time to go. But, who knows? Perhaps we will fall in love with the BW and Epcot area and stay there again on a future trip.
Thanks again!
P.S. If everyone who goes to F&W on opening day complains to Italy about not offering a pasta dish, do you think they will change their menu? :) But, seriously, do the booths ever change their offerings once the sign boards go up?

The only changes I've ever seen are the rare change of a beer at one of the beer booths when they've run out of their supply for the remainder of the festival. More often than not they just cover up the listing for whatever they ran out of on the menu boards at the affected booth. Sometimes it is only temporary but not always. Also one year they changed the prices & pours at the Champagne Booth after complaints & low sales the first couple of days of the festival. They do still have almost two weeks to make further changes so until we see the actual menu boards from the booths who knows what will happen. Unfortunately even with two decent restaurants & the wine bar Italy seems to always have one of the most uninspired food booths & when they do change their offerings it never seems to be for the better. But there is always quite the line at the Italy booth despite the poor reviews. I also wish Germany would replace their Schinkennudeln with something else, they've had better offerings in the past & I really think this one has run it's course.

Thanks again!
Too late at that point, probably too late now. I'm sure the changes were made in the midst finalizing their orders with their suppliers.

Thanks again!
Re: Italy... I don't mean to be super negative but none of the Italy food has ever tasted good to me or like anything other than a Lean Cuisine. I understand people being irritated with the change, but I doubt the pasta would have been good. I think the Bertolli frozen dinner-in-a-bag is lightyears ahead of the Italy F&W booth, and it also gave my mom and sister food poisoning one year. I am fairly certain that the Italy F&W booth was the source because the other folks in our party ate literally everything else except the Italy stuff and only 2/4 got sick...

On to happier news - the best part of Beaches and Cream is the sundae offerings which are also available at the to-go window with NO reservation needed! Just stop by and order a No Way Jose to go. Honestly the burgers aren't much better than quick service, the draw for me there is the ice cream and the onion rings, which are just frozen deep fried onion rings. Still... onion rings and sundaes :cloud9: But I am with everyone else, skip Beaches this time and just get an ice cream to go.

I know you will have a fabulous time and wish that you had even MORE time at food and wine so good luck with your planning and enjoy it!

This year will be my first F&W, and the only things I'm interested in at the Italy booth are the cannoli and the frozen margarita, and even those are in my third tier of priority. Don't get me wrong, I'm part Italian and love making Italian food (tomorrow for dinner is farfalle with sage, pancetta, and mushrooms!) but the Italy F&W offerings have never looked very interesting to me.

Re: Italy... I don't mean to be super negative but none of the Italy food has ever tasted good to me or like anything other than a Lean Cuisine. I understand people being irritated with the change, but I doubt the pasta would have been good. I think the Bertolli frozen dinner-in-a-bag is lightyears ahead of the Italy F&W booth, and it also gave my mom and sister food poisoning one year. I am fairly certain that the Italy F&W booth was the source because the other folks in our party ate literally everything else except the Italy stuff and only 2/4 got sick...

On to happier news - the best part of Beaches and Cream is the sundae offerings which are also available at the to-go window with NO reservation needed! Just stop by and order a No Way Jose to go. Honestly the burgers aren't much better than quick service, the draw for me there is the ice cream and the onion rings, which are just frozen deep fried onion rings. Still... onion rings and sundaes :cloud9: But I am with everyone else, skip Beaches this time and just get an ice cream to go.

I know you will have a fabulous time and wish that you had even MORE time at food and wine so good luck with your planning and enjoy it!

Thanks for the info about Italy. I wonder if I should warn my SIL about the calamari.
Actually, besides a milkshake, what I wanted to get at B&C was the grilled cheese and tomato soup- comfort food! But all of that would be quite filling. If we have time, we might make it over to the take out window one of our days, but Ample Hills might do just fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter