2020 Tropical Storms/Hurricanes

Good news is that none of the models are currently showing a a full sweep of Florida. As of this moment (and subject to change) looks like wind and rain from the west side of the storm as it cruises up the east coast.

3 days of zero cases means the virus is gone entirely, right?!
I mean mobile testing sites are supposed to close today at 5PM until next Wednesday allegedly so numbers should miraculously drop and then when the next bump hits schools reopening will totally be the scapegoat

Good news is that none of the models are currently showing a a full sweep of Florida. As of this moment (and subject to change) looks like wind and rain from the west side of the storm as it cruises up the east coast.

Still days away, but looking like SC might be in the path?

Euro and GFS model have come closer together in their track. Looks like it's getting pretty close to the eastern coast of FL then turning away

edit: ok, why cant I get the dang thing to link
finally

Last edited:
NOAA now thinks it'll be a Cat 1 hurricane. Seems like it missed everything it was supposed to that would have kept it weaker

So it seems Isaias is becoming a hurricane. I can't seem to find out what this means for Orlando. My weather app isn't really showing anything out of the ordinary. What kind of rain and wind in Orlando are we talking about? I am arriving this evening.

So it seems Isaias is becoming a hurricane. I can't seem to find out what this means for Orlando. My weather app isn't really showing anything out of the ordinary. What kind of rain and wind in Orlando are we talking about? I am arriving this evening.

If it takes the track projected, a little wind, probably little rain

But obviously anymore westerly track, and that increases the likelihood of stronger winds/rain

Right now, it looks like Sunday will be the only full rainy day

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/

Last edited:
I couldn't find anything on yesterday either for any prediction on when high winds could possibly hit Orlando. I know it's still unpredictable, but it would have been nice to have some published guess to help make decisions. I was supposed to return from Orlando on Sunday afternoon, when predictions showed the storm was at least parallel to Orlando at that time, so I changed my flight to this morning and left while it was still clear.

Euro model comes out in 50 min, should be interesting to see it compared to the GFS (which has a Vero Beach landfall)

Euro model comes out in 50 min, should be interesting to see it compared to the GFS (which has a Vero Beach landfall)

It looks like the Euro is further west this run, with Isaias making landfall in South Florida late Saturday night or early Sunday morning and then tracking near Orlando late Sunday night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter