2020 Tropical Storms/Hurricanes

That euro model can go you know what itself

Just flipped on CNN .. now showing half of the spaghetti models making a landfall in Florida 🙁

Talk about not being able to catch a break.. shelters not yet announced to open - but if they do - maximum of 50 people per, with 60 sq feet per person required for social distancing. PPE to be worn at all times.

Mother Nature... now would be a good time to practice kindness & steer this storm to the east.

What is Disney's policy during a hurricane? I see Hurricane watch for south Florida but not yet central?

What is Disney's policy during a hurricane? I see Hurricane watch for south Florida but not yet central?
Disney has rarely ever shut down for storms but it has happened. This one is not expected to be strong (in hurricane standards) and there are still a lot of variables. Forecasts change constantly. But WDW could shut down if the storm ends up tracking up the middle of FL.

Disney has rarely ever shut down for storms but it has happened. This one is not expected to be strong (in hurricane standards) and there are still a lot of variables. Forecasts change constantly. But WDW could shut down if the storm ends up tracking up the middle of FL.
We are supposed to drive down from Missouri tomorrow night and arrive in Orlando around Noon-ish. Should be a good time! Just didn't know the resort policy.

We are supposed to drive down from Missouri tomorrow night and arrive in Orlando around Noon-ish. Should be a good time! Just didn't know the resort policy.
The resort itself won’t shut down they’ll just keep people in resorts if need be.

The resort itself won’t shut down they’ll just keep people in resorts if need be.
With a mask and a box lunch. The box would contain 2 slices of bread and some sort of mystery meat. No condiments. Oh a bottle of milk.

Latest shift/wobble is now westward. It appears that central Florida will have more impacts than anticipated the last few days. I don't want to quantify, but we are personally prepared for 7-14 days of power outages.

You got it. It is such an unpredictable storm and movements of 50-100 miles inland can change the dynamics mightily. I think tomorrow is "cut the grass and weedwhack" morning type of day!

Looks almost assured to be at least a CAT 1. Remember when folks said it will only be a TS and only bring rain a little bit of wind? I hope they were right.

For Orlando? Yes, rain and wind, unless it moves way more west, it still won't be all that bad in Orlando area.

If you're on the east coast? I'd say start prepping 3 hours ago

Also, to be fair, this storm has pretty much defied all the models and what the experts were thinking would happen.

Which is one of the beauties of Hurricanes.

Last edited:
I heard one weatherman compare early track of Matthew to this storm...name Matthew was retired from storm name bank...

I mean ya, but there's tons of storms that take similar paths, and end up turning out to sea as well. This isn't going to be as strong as Matthew.
I hope so! I grew up on the east coast and we always knew you couldn’t really be sure what to expect until about 12 -24 hours before.

We’re here now. Fortunately we had one extra day built in where we planned on a down day. If Sunday is going to be really bad we may try to move around our park reservations.

I hope so! I grew up on the east coast and we always knew you couldn’t really be sure what to expect until about 12 -24 hours before.

We’re here now. Fortunately we had one extra day built in where we planned on a down day. If Sunday is going to be really bad we may try to move around our park reservations.

I would call Sunday a wash out. Woulsnt be enjoyable at all. I had a park res that I canceled in sun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter