3rd and Final Annual Pass Trip PTR

Well done on getting your restaurants booked. Its the hardest bit to figure out I reckon! Also, just to add, you can book RFC if you call in there, We booked the day before we dined at the restaurant reception and at least then you will be sure of your seat without waiting :thumbsup2

Ooooo we might do that than, thank you! Might even be cheeky and ask for a table in a specific spot ! I wonder if that will work...

C x

Right, costumes for DD!

She'll be having a special package from Mickey a few days before which will have the Disney Jnr Music CD (£5!) and a 'Pirate Princess' outfit - it's a girls pirate costume but she has seen a picture and thinks it's for a pirate princess! :lmao: She doesn't know it's been ordered, so Mickey can buy it for her! Good price too!

We're travelling down on the Sunday, not really going in to the parks - just dinner in inventions, and leaving on the Friday.
She will have this new costume, but we also have the following costumes: Elsa, Cinderella, Minnie, Rapunzel, we have a witch costume too but we're not there for ACTUAL Halloween and she wanted it to be a 'Princess Witch' - see her theme there?? lol

So this is the rough plan:

Sunday evening, Inventions dinner - Minnie themed clothes for travelling, then Snow White (leggings and top with Minnie designs), and Minnie Ears

Monday - DL morning? Studios PM? - Cinderella

Tuesday - Studios AM, DL lunch and PM - Pirate Outfit

Wednesday - Studios - Rapunzel

Thursday - Disneyland, Princess Pavillion - Elsa

Friday morning, Cafe Mickey lunch - Minnie Dress

We're hoping Spiderman MAY still be in the Studios so will plan to meet him Wednesday (when my brother is with us - he HAS to have a photo with him! lol). She HAS got a spiderman outfit of sorts, which belonged to my brother when he was little, but I'm wondering if it's too much to change her just for that meet and greet! lol And Maleficent - well, we'll maybe try to meet her Tuesday PM, but if not, Thursday. Will wait to see what the timetable looks like for her meet and greet closer to the time!

Does that sound ok? I wanted to make sure she had a new dress for the Pavillion Photos (we've had pics there and with other princesses with the Cinderella and Rapunzel dresses....), and the Pirate outfit will be used to it's full advantage on Tuesday afternoon after a nice lunch in Hakuna Matata - Pirates of the Caribbean here we come!

C x

Lovely plans - another diser at the same time, we'll be there too :thumbsup2

We're crossing all our fingers and toes for Spiderman too - so hope this is still on for our DS, he would love this.

Reading along :)

Lovely plans - another diser at the same time, we'll be there too :thumbsup2

We're crossing all our fingers and toes for Spiderman too - so hope this is still on for our DS, he would love this.

Reading along :)

Thank you! Seems there's quite a few of us there for those dates!! Happened to me in March too! lol

C x

To Do List

Book extra night in hotel – Kyriad – Done
Sorted out when Brother & his GF are joining us - Done
Book restaurants – Done
Sort Costumes for DD – Done
Contact Santa Fe to arrange rooms near each other, in block 14, and cheeky request for pixie dust – Done but no reply yet!
Bro & GF book hotel - Done
Make a note of ride closures – Done
Make a Disney shopping list so we don’t over shop! – Done and added something a bit expensive to the list! Whoops. Lol
Make a French Supermarket shopping list for on the way back - Done
Rough plan of Halloween activities (do once season has started)
Buy Bro & GF’s tickets
Personal list of Ride Challenge items
Update my Disney secrets list and print copies for GM & GD
Create a pack of treats for DD from Mickey & Minnie that will arrive in the 'post' the week before we go - bought Pirate Princess costume, Minnie bracelet, still need to order Disney Jnr CD and get some sweets/chocolate.

We’re taking a plug in cool box so we can keep some drinks cans cool in our room (after a day of drinking water it’s nice to have something tasty to come back to!), and I WAS thinking that I might take a pint of milk so DD can have cereal in the room if we’re up a bit late for our timed breakfast slot (and can’t be bothered to wander over! Lol). However, as we're in a different hotel the first night, and then everything will be in the car for at least 4 hours before we check in to the Santa Fe, milk might not be great. Maybe we could pick up a carton from McDs or something one evening so she'll have that cereal option. So I think I'll take 2x mini boxes of cereal (from a multipack), 2x instant porridge pots, and maybe a 4 pack of blueberry muffins (you know the type that you can buy in Tesco or ASDA....) - I'll eat those too. Will also pick up a few smaller water bottles for us to use daily and refill in the parks.

I need to clear our spare room too (full of camping stuff at the mo!) so I can get our case out. Early, I know, but there's things I keep finding that could go in the case for safe keeping between now and then - plug adaptors and 4 gang, all in one waterproof for DD, thermals for DD (in case the temperature drops), my new Minnie Mouse PJs (yeay!)..... etc

Don't think I've missed anything.....!!!!!!

C x

Wow you have loads done already!
Try asking for a specific table at RFC but its not guaranteed, we did ask but didnt get the area we wanted but it was all good!

Loads of lovely costumes planned, cannot wait to see your TR!

Exciting stuff - you sound as organised as me!!

All the best people are organised!! :rotfl:

Wow you have loads done already!
Try asking for a specific table at RFC but its not guaranteed, we did ask but didnt get the area we wanted but it was all good!

Loads of lovely costumes planned, cannot wait to see your TR!

Yes I'm going to have a try! I'll let you all know!

C x

You sound super organised! I'm sure you can buy milk in the hotel shops or at the shop in the station - it's not like it is here though so you might not like it. I always pack loads of cereal bars too :thumbsup2

I've been trying to see the expected restaurants open from the disney gazette link you had. I scrolled back on the calendar, but keep just seeing current dates :confused3 Any tips?

Also - checked your list of rides/attractions to do - have you taken your lo around Fort Comstock, at the entrance to Frontierland? It's worth a look if you haven't :)

Re your room request at Santa Fe - your booking won't be on the hotel system until about 5 days before your dates - I usually phone the hotel a few days before we go and make any requests then - they always say they cannot guarantee, but we've always got what we asked for :goodvibes

I've been trying to see the expected restaurants open from the disney gazette link you had. I scrolled back on the calendar, but keep just seeing current dates :confused3 Any tips?

What browser are you using? I use GOogle Chrome and it keeps trying to translate it (which is great normally!) but it does mean that I have to be quite firm with it!! lol Make sure you change the month on the calendar and then click on the date. (Maybe double click?) What month are you trying to look at? This coming October or last year? I don't think this October dates are up yet, but here's a direct link to last year's October! http://www.disneygazette.fr/dgi/horaires-restaurants-01-octobre-2013.html

C x

What browser are you using? I use GOogle Chrome and it keeps trying to translate it (which is great normally!) but it does mean that I have to be quite firm with it!! lol Make sure you change the month on the calendar and then click on the date. (Maybe double click?) What month are you trying to look at? This coming October or last year? I don't think this October dates are up yet, but here's a direct link to last year's October! http://www.disneygazette.fr/dgi/horaires-restaurants-01-octobre-2013.html

C x

Thanks, I can see it now :thumbsup2 For some reason when I went back through the calendar, it still just showed me the dates for this month.

Also - checked your list of rides/attractions to do - have you taken your lo around Fort Comstock, at the entrance to Frontierland? It's worth a look if you haven't :)

No, we haven't! Thank you!

Have had to update DD's costume list, as I forgot she has a Snow White dress (it was in her grandparents house!). So that's been added!

C x

Ride Challenge!

UPDATE. I have challenged myself to go on EVERY ride during these 3 trips!! So far, I think I've done everything except the following, but feel free to check me! So I still need to go on:

Indiana Jones (NEVER been on)
Ratatouille (NEVER been on - obviously!)
Crush (Never)
RC Racer (Never - and scares me a bit!)
Captain EO (will be open while we're there - never been on!)
Star Tours (been on years ago, but not this year)
Nautilus (I know it's only a walk through...but not been through it this year)
Robinson Crusoe tree house (as above)
Captain Hook's ship (closed last few visits!)
Fort Comstock, at the entrance to Frontierland (don't think I've ever done!)
Pocahontas play area (perfect for DD! But will depend on weather!)

I remembered that I HAVE been on the boats around Thunder Mountain, so if we get a chance we'll try to do it this time (as I haven't done it this year, and concerned DD might actually get a bit bored!).

Anything else I may have missed?? We even managed to go on Autopia last Christmas! lol

Not long now!

C x

Ride Challenge!

UPDATE. I have challenged myself to go on EVERY ride during these 3 trips!! So far, I think I've done everything except the following, but feel free to check me! So I still need to go on:

Indiana Jones (NEVER been on)
Ratatouille (NEVER been on - obviously!)
Crush (Never)
RC Racer (Never - and scares me a bit!)
Captain EO (will be open while we're there - never been on!)
Star Tours (been on years ago, but not this year)
Nautilus (I know it's only a walk through...but not been through it this year)
Robinson Crusoe tree house (as above)
Captain Hook's ship (closed last few visits!)
Fort Comstock, at the entrance to Frontierland (don't think I've ever done!)
Pocahontas play area (perfect for DD! But will depend on weather!)

I remembered that I HAVE been on the boats around Thunder Mountain, so if we get a chance we'll try to do it this time (as I haven't done it this year, and concerned DD might actually get a bit bored!).

Anything else I may have missed?? We even managed to go on Autopia last Christmas! lol

Not long now!

C x

Loving the ride challenge !!!
Your pretty much done now you must be so excited ?!!
What meal are you most looking forward to ?
Love you big family trip sound perfect :love:
Rachael x

Loving the ride challenge !!!
Your pretty much done now you must be so excited ?!!
What meal are you most looking forward to ?
Love you big family trip sound perfect :love:
Rachael x

VERY excited! Can't wait! I'm looking forward to Inventions (but not building hopes up - I have a funny feeling....), Hakuna Matata, Annettes and Walts - all new! And King Ludwigs was great in march, so looking forward to returning there!

C x

Catching up C. You're super organised. Really impressed at your ride challenge - well done you. I'm going to make myself do some rides that scare me when I go with my kids. :eek:

Catching up C. You're super organised. Really impressed at your ride challenge - well done you. I'm going to make myself do some rides that scare me when I go with my kids. :eek:

Thank you! I found with RnR and Space Mountain that I walked past with absolutely no plan on going on, we weren't specifically heading to anywhere particular, and noticed the queue was like 5 minutes or something! So I just went for it - no uming and ahing, and hardly any queue (none on Space Mountain!!! Was out of breath climbing in to the practically empty train coz of the long walk! lol) meant no time to work myself up. With Crush you can't see the ride so I'm hoping that even with a bit of a wait that I won't work myself up coz I can't see it! RC Racer is a different issue!! lol

C x

Halloween Stuff!

I've been on Twitter this morning, and DLP had some sort of press event this morning about Halloween. So basing on what I could pick up (still waiting for a lovely DLP Fan Twitter blogger to put it all together in an article!), this is what we need to know for our trip!! (Along with previous Halloween info that's been mentioned elsewhere on this forum - parade I think, 'ghosts'.....

1. Maleficent's Court - there's some sort of huge bramble structure being installed in the area, which will even sway in the wind to look natural ish (weighs over 3 tonnes?!) - no confirmation on whether Maleficent will be there the whole time, but the drawing shown on Twitter shows that she won't be the only one there (at one time or individually, it's not clear!). They'll do some sort of tour of central plaza twice (again, not sure when or whether the 2 times are at the same time or what!!) too.

2. Jack & Sally's meet and greet has been moved - but no idea yet where to!

3. Marie (!!) and Winnie will be meeting and greeting at the Boarding House!

4. Stitch has a new Halloween costume, but it wasn't clear where he was going to be.

5. Minnie's Pirates Academy will be on the Castle Stage - I don't know what this is, or when it'll be on. It MAY only be a 31st October event....

The other thing mentioned was that 'Goofy Shake Your Drums' would occur in Videopolis, which WAS confirmed as only taking place on the 31st.

There was also a mention in French about Dreams! - I'm not sure if there's a Halloween twist, or a Halloween pre-show....but something.......

There's also rumours of Sing a Long Frozen appearing in Chapparal Theatre. Not sure it's the best use of the theatre (the film is likely to be on a screen, no live characters), but at least it'll be used rather than sitting there empty. We probably won't bother seeing it though as we 'sing a long' almost every day in the car!!! :eek: lol Not sure when this is starting either....

So, for us, definite must dos currently consist of....

Watch the parade
Watch Dreams!
Meet some 'baddies', hopefully including Maleficent!
Meet Marie (one of DD's faves!)
Hopefully meet Jack and Sally (we met Jack last Christmas, missed Sally, but Jack was sooooo good).
Hopefully meet Spiderman (if he's still there)
Princess Pavillion (obviously.....:eek:)

When I find out more, I'll add more!

C x

I think Stitch may be where the Pooh/Rapunzel/Merida meets are/were just at Caseys corner and Jack and Sally will be only moving a few feet! Its so PM can be in the background of your photos. Sounds like the best Halloween season ever is planned for 2014. You are going to have such a great time :yay: :yay: :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter