A Dining Pre-Trip Report? Sure! LIVE report now completed!

Sunday night stormed like crazy and we were winding down from 8 hot and humid hours at the Magic Kingdom. We decided to pack, watch a dvd and get some dinner from the Marketplace.

We split a ham and cheddar sandwich - which was SO good. They toast it after you order it, so it was hot and melty:

July2708127.jpg

We also got the roast beef and brie with caramelized onions:

July2708128.jpg

July2708129.jpg

We didn't like this as much. The brie (which I usually like) was nasty. The roast beef was rare and very good and the onion added a great flavor, but the cheese was too strong.

Salad - this was good. They make these fresh to order from any ingredients you want. This one had:

mixed greens, chicken breast, bacon, parmesan cheese, grape tomatoes, black olives, red onion, croutons and caesar dressing

July2708132.jpg

Again, a little heavy on the dressing, but still very good.

We got a powerade, root beer, and coke zero for dinner drinks, but the desserts were the best.

Apple tart - we split this after eating the sandwiches/salad. The crust was super tender and the apples were perfect. There was a caramel and crisp on top and DH and I hated to share this. I think things tend to be too sweet, and this was perfect.

July2708124.jpg

Key lime pie (yes, I love key lime pie!) - we had this the next morning for breakfast...the cream was excellent and the filling was good. The crust was okay.

July2708126.jpg

Coconut bar - this was a graham cracker type crust topped with a coconut filling - similar to an almond joy bar. There was milk chocolate chips in it and across the top. This wasn't a magic cookie bar/seven layer bar, but just a chocolate coconut bar. We ate this on the plane on the way home:

July2708123.jpg

My main regret about this meal? That we hadn't used the Marketplace bakery desserts with our snack credits sooner! SO GOOD!!!

Monday we met DDd and DSM and finally made it to DTD. We did some shopping and stopped at WPE for lunch. It was fantastic!

DDd got the spicy chicken pizza - he liked this a lot. DH and I have had it before and love it, although sometimes the chicken is super dry:

Julytrip20081191.jpg

DH had the rotisserie chicken and mashed potatoes with butter - he always gets this and loves it.

Julytrip20081187.jpg

DS had the kid's pepperoni pizza and enjoyed it very much, along with some of DH's chicken.

Julytrip20081184.jpg

DSM had the Chinois Chicken Salad - she thought it was very good and when I tried it I agreed. Very fresh and crunchy vegetables.

Julytrip20081190.jpg

I had the BBQ Chicken Quesadilla - I like this very much. There wasn't a lot of chicken in it though, which I like but others might not.

Julytrip20081188.jpg

For dessert, DS, DH and I each got a cookie. DS and I ate the chocolate chips ones last night at home and we still have the double chocolate chip one waiting to be eaten...theseare super soft and just excellent!

Julytrip20081189.jpg

DSM and DDd both got the frozen yogurt - DDd chose a turtle type sundae and DSM had vanilla with fresh berries. VERY good!

Julytrip20081193.jpg

Julytrip20081192.jpg

I just want to clarify Marketplace. Are the desserts now included as a snack credit? or are they only allowed as dessert with a CS credit.

Thank you for doing these reviews--I have loved every minute of them! I was thinking, too, of how much time you took to do these while on vacation.

Do you happen to know if the French toast loaf was still a snack credit, too? I read someone's post recently who said it was now only part of a CS credit meal.

Great reviews.. :worship: :thumbsup2 I am very sad that you are finished. I hope you go back to Disney again soon and do another review

I, too, have enjoyed your reviews very much. Thank you for taking the time to share with us :flower3: . Although my reviews won't be live, I hope that I can do them as well as you did.

Thanks for the great pics. You inspired me to go get the nexts day's breakfast at the boardwalk. everything look delish.

Thanks very much for sharing your reports with us, I have really enjoyed them. I love key lime pie too, so loved seeing all the different ones you tried!

Laur's princess:

Thanks SO much for taking the time during your vacation to post & share with us, it was awesome!!!:thumbsup2

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful reviews with all of us during your vacation. It was a lot of fun to read and I really enjoyed it.

Thank you so much. :goodvibes

For a snack later, DH and DS went to pick up some movies and a salad down in the Marketplace. DH picked out the ingredients for the salad and got a powerade and Mickey bar for the rest of the CS. He also got a crunch bar for DS as a snack and another Mickey bar that it appears we didn't get charged for :confused3

The salad has - chicken breast, hard boiled egg, grape tomato, shredded cheese, red onion and caesar dressing:

Could you please tell more about this "Made to Order salad"....allearsnet doesn't describe it.....do you get a choice of ingredients and the CM makes it, or are you making it yourself (meaning you can add more of what you really like and less of what you think is ok, like a salad bar?). And yeah, looks like way too much dressing....again was that the CM putting it on, or did DH get a little heavy handed?

This place is too popular. They had delicious food and the service was friendly and accurate. But seriously, DNep and I still were EATING our entrees when all the other plates were whisked away and the other family members were given dessert menus. I believe he would have started taking their dessert orders before I was done eating if he could have. I was not impressed by this and felt very strongly like we were being rushed out. This was a contrast to the last night at Yachtsman where it almost got to be too long.

Other than that, we all loved it. :thumbsup2

did they let you sit all together as 9? Keep getting told they will split ut sup into 2 tables (actually three right now). We have 6 adults, 14 yo, 7 yo and 7yo.

THANKS! Love the review and pics!

Thank you so much for taking time out of your vacation to do these reviews! We have booked the Garden View tea based on your pictures and descriptions. I am sorry that it's over....

Your reporting is absolutely awesome. The pictures are great. Wolfgang Pucks pizza looks like a must do though I would try something other than spicy.

Thank you thank you thank you for sharing all your experiences and opinons. Loving every picture and word!!

:worship:

I just want to clarify Marketplace. Are the desserts now included as a snack credit? or are they only allowed as dessert with a CS credit.

Some are, some aren't. I wish I would have looked more carefully sooner so I'd know for sure. The apple dessert was so good though - it would be worth paying cash!

Thank you for doing these reviews--I have loved every minute of them! I was thinking, too, of how much time you took to do these while on vacation.

Do you happen to know if the French toast loaf was still a snack credit, too? I read someone's post recently who said it was now only part of a CS credit meal.

I believe only CS credit - it and the croissant sandwich were the only "main" items they had for bfast for CS credits...everything else would be a "side".

Great reviews.. :worship: :thumbsup2 I am very sad that you are finished. I hope you go back to Disney again soon and do another review

I, too, have enjoyed your reviews very much. Thank you for taking the time to share with us :flower3: . Although my reviews won't be live, I hope that I can do them as well as you did.

Thanks for the great pics. You inspired me to go get the nexts day's breakfast at the boardwalk. everything look delish.

Awesome report! Thank you for sharing everything. :thumbsup2

Thanks very much for sharing your reports with us, I have really enjoyed them. I love key lime pie too, so loved seeing all the different ones you tried!

Laur's princess:

Thanks SO much for taking the time during your vacation to post & share with us, it was awesome!!!:thumbsup2

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful reviews with all of us during your vacation. It was a lot of fun to read and I really enjoyed it.

Thank you so much. :goodvibes

Loved your daily live reviews...what a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you all SO much!! I had a great time doing this.

Thank you so much for taking time out of your vacation to do these reviews! We have booked the Garden View tea based on your pictures and descriptions. I am sorry that it's over....

You will love it!!!

Your reporting is absolutely awesome. The pictures are great. Wolfgang Pucks pizza looks like a must do though I would try something other than spicy.

Thank you thank you thank you for sharing all your experiences and opinons. Loving every picture and word!!

:worship:

They have several different kinds of pizza - and the spicy chicken would be really good without the crushed peppers on it...! :thumbsup2

For a snack later, DH and DS went to pick up some movies and a salad down in the Marketplace. DH picked out the ingredients for the salad and got a powerade and Mickey bar for the rest of the CS. He also got a crunch bar for DS as a snack and another Mickey bar that it appears we didn't get charged for :confused3

The salad has - chicken breast, hard boiled egg, grape tomato, shredded cheese, red onion and caesar dressing:

Could you please tell more about this "Made to Order salad"....allearsnet doesn't describe it.....do you get a choice of ingredients and the CM makes it, or are you making it yourself (meaning you can add more of what you really like and less of what you think is ok, like a salad bar?). And yeah, looks like way too much dressing....again was that the CM putting it on, or did DH get a little heavy handed?

Sure! Have you been to EOS? It's like there...

You choose your lettuce - romaine or mixed greens. The CM puts a huge amount in a large silver bowl and then you pick out all the things you want...like Subway - a little of this, extra that, etc. There is a list of items you can pick from and you can also see the tins of items. Here is what I remember:

chicken breast
crumbled bacon
hard boiled egg
cheddar cheese
parmesan cheese
black olives
red onion
grape tomatoes
cucumbers
pepperoncinis
almonds
other things I can't remember...

Caesar dressing
Ranch dressing
zinfandel vinaigrette dressing

Yes, the CM put the dressing on - one ladle full and then he asked if we wanted more. SAY NO!!!

This is such a great and fresh option!

did they let you sit all together as 9? Keep getting told they will split ut sup into 2 tables (actually three right now). We have 6 adults, 14 yo, 7 yo and 7yo.

THANKS! Love the review and pics!

We did sit together - We sat at a table against the wall so half of our family had bench seating and the other half had chairs. We were told we'd possibly be split up at a few places, but we never were.

Tutto: large table with half bench seating for seven
Le Cellier: see above
Boma: large regular table next to an even larger party who was all together at one table
Coral Reef: One large half circle table in the way back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter