A Dining Pre-Trip Report? Sure! LIVE report now completed!

Today was a Disappointing Food Day for me - but with all the wonderful luck we've had, I think I'm getting (gasp!) a little fooded out....

This morning the boys went to DHS/MGM (DS got picked for Jedi Academy - woo hoo!!) and had a few snacks. Unfortunately the camera was back at the Villas pool with me so no photos. And the most interesting thing I had was a diet coke and a small bag of Doritos we bought at SuperT...

So on to lunch...

We went to Beaches and Cream, a Must Do on this trip. We weren't that hungry, so we decided to split a cheeseburger and an order of onion rings. The server misunderstood and thought we wanted to substitute onion rings for fries - which actually worked out way better because the fries and a full order of onion rings would have been WAY too much. We had said we would be sharing and I was tickled when she brought it out already split:

July2608020.jpg

This is usually heaven on a bun, but today it was just really good. It doesn't help that we found this little place at home that serves the World's Best Burgers and Beaches and Cream isn't close. This makes me sad...:sad1: But seriously - it was very good. Just not great.

The onion rings were crispy, hot and greasy. They had a major disagreement with my tummy but when I ate them they were great!

DS picked the kid's cheeseburgers and fruit. He enjoyed and we thought the presentation was cute:

July2608021.jpg

For dessert, he picked (surprise!) vanilla ice cream for his Mickey sundae:

July2608026.jpg

DH and I decided to split the milky way sundae:

July2608028.jpg

It looks gorgeous but I was disappointed. It is vanilla ice cream, caramel, hot fudge, milky way bar, whipped cream, and some sort of bundt cake that tastes like a very dry muffin. Too much sauce, not enough ice cream, the candy bar got too cold. Plus it sat on the counter for a long time and had melted quite a bit by the time we got it.

We used a child's TS credit for DS's (he has extras because of our Yachtsman Dinner) and the DDE for ours. It came to $20.80 with tax and tip.

For a snack later, DH and DS went to pick up some movies and a salad down in the Marketplace. DH picked out the ingredients for the salad and got a powerade and Mickey bar for the rest of the CS. He also got a crunch bar for DS as a snack and another Mickey bar that it appears we didn't get charged for :confused3

The salad has - chicken breast, hard boiled egg, grape tomato, shredded cheese, red onion and caesar dressing:

July2608II002.jpg

July2608II003.jpg

This started out good but had WAY too much dressing. Again, not bad per se, just not excellent.

We all met at Coral Reef tonight - the kids were looking forward to seeing the aquarium. We sat right inside the door in a large half circle and although with this many people conversation wasn't easy, it was the best so far on the trip.

Drinks for DS, DH and me - DS had a virgin pina colada and DH and I had virgin colada mixed with strawberry daiquiri. DS ended up drinking most of mine. These were included on the DDP.

July2608II030.jpg

July2608II031.jpg

They brought out large french bread with garlic infused olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping:

July2608II032.jpg

This is SO MUCH better than the bread and butter they used to have!

For meals, we were so boring! In this lovely seafood restaurant, only one of us ordered seafood....!

DS ordered the lobster soup and shared with me, DDd, and DSM. I had so very much wanted them to try it and they both thought it was delicious. I forgot a photo....

For his entree, he ordered (stunner here!) mac and cheese:

July2608II033.jpg

DNee ordered the kid's grilled chicken:

July2608II036.jpg

DNep ordered the strip, substituting fries for the au gratin potatoes:

July2608II038.jpg

He was VERY happy with this.

DSIL ordered the seafood pasta - mussels, shrimp, salmon, and sausage:

July2608II037.jpg

The rest of us (DH, DDd, DSM, DB, Me) ordered the strip as on the menu:

July2608II034.jpg

DDd, DSM, DB, and DH were all pleased with theirs. Mine seemed less tender and too salty than I like. I wasn't excited about it, but nothing else on the menu appealed. I ended up giving the rest of mine to DDd.

Desserts:

DB and Fam left to catch the bus to go see Wishes, so they skipped dessert. The rest of us made up for it.

DS ordered the make your own kid's sundae:

July2608II044.jpg

July2608II046.jpg

DH and DDd ordered and both very much enjoyed the Wave:

July2608II045.jpg

DSM ordered the tropical fruit with mango sorbet and seahorse tuille:

July2608II042.jpg

VERY refreshing!

I ordered the key lime tart with mango sauce:

July2608II043.jpg

I didn't like the crust at all, the key lime part was almost chewy gelatin like and I prefer cream to meringue. On a scale of 1-10, this was a 5.

I still ate it though :rolleyes:

All in all, it was a good meal but not a knock your socks off one.

On the other hand, I still have a Mickey bar in the freezer.....

Night all!

I was so glad to see your Beaches & Cream review! For my upcoming trip, it's the other place (besides the GF Tea) on my "must try" list! Do you remember if there was any charge to sub onion rings for the fries?

how thoughtful they split the burger in half now that is the disney service you expect.. now i must go eat food after the burger pics Beaches N Cream burgers always get me!

Well, I wish you could have said that Coral Reef is better, but at least it was okay. It is the ONLY place that DH asked to eat at, so there's really no way to get out of it. He's probably the only one that will eat seafood while we're there too ;) . Well, at least we'll be able to enjoy the atmosphere.

I'm sorry the Coral Reef wasn't better for you; we really had good steaks there. The key lime tart didn't sound very appetizing with meringue. I like the chocolate wave, myself, but it needed a scoop of vanilla ice cream!

DD wants to eat there cuz of the aquarium view !! How was the seafood pasta ? It looked good , that's what I think I want. The others will prolly get steaks and DGS is the mac & cheese kid !!:rotfl2:

I was so glad to see your Beaches & Cream review! For my upcoming trip, it's the other place (besides the GF Tea) on my "must try" list! Do you remember if there was any charge to sub onion rings for the fries?

I do remember - it was only $1.00 (believe it or not!)

how thoughtful they split the burger in half now that is the disney service you expect.. now i must go eat food after the burger pics Beaches N Cream burgers always get me!

Us too - we usually really love them (and this one was very good~!)

Well, I wish you could have said that Coral Reef is better, but at least it was okay. It is the ONLY place that DH asked to eat at, so there's really no way to get out of it. He's probably the only one that will eat seafood while we're there too ;) . Well, at least we'll be able to enjoy the atmosphere.

No worries! I was the only one who wasn't happy with Coral Reef - DH said his steak was excellent and DDd and DSM liked theirs very much. I think, though, that my tastes have been changing and I really prefer prime rib and tenderloins over NY Strips now. :confused3 The Lobster Soup is outstanding and the mango sorbet was also very good. I hate to say it ( :rotfl: ) but I do think the issue at Coral Reef was just me. Service was fantastic, btw.

I'm sorry the Coral Reef wasn't better for you; we really had good steaks there. The key lime tart didn't sound very appetizing with meringue. I like the chocolate wave, myself, but it needed a scoop of vanilla ice cream!

I know! What is up with no ice cream with a fudgy chocolate cake?? ;)

DD wants to eat there cuz of the aquarium view !! How was the seafood pasta ? It looked good , that's what I think I want. The others will prolly get steaks and DGS is the mac & cheese kid !!:rotfl2:

DSIL said the pasta was very good...!

Did you not eat today? :sad1: Maybe you're writing a review right now!

What is wrong with the dis????This won't post!

No I don't think she is writing it right now because she isn't online. Probably having to much fun at WDW! Wish I was there right now.

Thanks for all your wonderful reviews. Sorry that your previous day was a bad food one, but I agree that sometimes you get a bit fed up of all the rich food. I was pleased to see a picture of the Le Cellier smores - I love those!

Laur's princess:

Really enjoyed reading the reviews!

I jumped on after they were live and I have to say, I don't know that I would have been able to keep up at all with writing reviews, while I was there havin so much fun, so Thanks for all the effort!!!

Nope - 7-28 was travel home day :(

Thanks for all your wonderful reviews. Sorry that your previous day was a bad food one, but I agree that sometimes you get a bit fed up of all the rich food. I was pleased to see a picture of the Le Cellier smores - I love those!

Laur's princess:

You are so right - after a while it gets to be a lot!

Really enjoyed reading the reviews!

I jumped on after they were live and I have to say, I don't know that I would have been able to keep up at all with writing reviews, while I was there havin so much fun, so Thanks for all the effort!!!

Thanks! I really enjoyed doing it - it was nice to do when we had our down time!

I'm downloading Sunday and Monday's photos now and will finish my (no longer) live report tonight.

What a fun trip it was!!!!

Sunday was MK day - we decided to head over and spend the morning with just the three of us and then the afternoon with DDd and DSM. We started out on Main Street for breakfast at the bakery. The meals here for CS were different - instead of an entree and two drinks, it was an entree, a pastry/side and a drink.

We decided to share - a ham, cheese and egg croissant with a side of two Krispy Kreme type doughnuts and a Powerade, a french toast loaf with a side of yogurt parfait and a diet coke and an OJ snack.

July2708031.jpg

The croissant was great - DH ate most of it and I had a few bites. DS inhaled the doughnuts (his choice) and loved it. We split the french toast loaf - this was so good! Like soft french toast combined with bread pudding. Excellent! The yogurt parfait had bananas, strawberries, blueberries and granola and we loved it.

French toast loaf cut open:

July2708036.jpg

Yogurt parfait:

July2708037.jpg

Love this place for breakfast!!!

DDd and DSM stopped here later for lunch and had sandwiches with a huge cinnamon roll and cherry turnovers for dessert - they were very happy with their meals too.

We stopped here after going through Tomorrowland to have a snack - it was HOT out so we shared a raspberry lemonade - so good!

July2708070.jpg

Lunch was later at Casey's - and this was excellent as always. We used two more CS credits to get hotdogs, fries and Cracker Jacks for dessert:

July2708091.jpg

We got hot cheese sauce for the fries and they were outstanding - very crispy and hot. DH put the cheese sauce on his hot dog and even though I thought it looked disgusting, he and DS both liked it a lot:

July2708094.jpg

I put sauerkraut, onions and mustard on mine and it was great:

July2708095.jpg

We didn't finish these - it had been a lot of eating this day - but what we did have was wonderful. We took the cracker jacks back to the room and had one as a snack and the other on the plane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter