A Dining Pre-Trip Report? Sure! LIVE report now completed!

The GF tea looked so good! I really wanted to do this and can't figure out where, since we're scheduling a beach day. I'm trying to be nice since DH wants to go to the beach one day.

I hate to be a nutritional wet blanket, but they are actually very similar to soda. The labels are misleading as there are 2.5 servings in one bottle. That means there are ~32 grams of sugar per bottle vs. 39 grams in a Coke. Both soda and vitamin water contain processed sugar so there is really no difference. I prefer to drink plain water and take a multi-vitamin.

I don't mean to sound stand-offish, but I hate to see our kids drinking so much soda or "soda in disguise".

The best part about being a grown up is that I get to drink what I want. :thumbsup2 I also drink plenty of coffee and lots of wine (as a chaser to my Flinstones vitamin of course) ;)

Now away from the media-driven Vitamin Water debate and back to the review... Love afternoon tea at GF! Just gorgeous. It's one of my favorite things we've done at WDW. :cloud9:

Yachtsman is another one that I can't wait to try on our upcoming trip. :goodvibes

Thanks for the GF Tea review! It answered some of the questions I had, and it made me even more excited for when I go in Spetember. Can't wait! :goodvibes

Can you tell me if the Grand Floridian Tea accepts either the DDP (doubtful, I think) or the DDE (fingers crossed!:) )?

Can you tell me if the Grand Floridian Tea accepts either the DDP (doubtful, I think) or the DDE (fingers crossed!:) )?

You can use the DDE for the Afternoon Tea, not sure about the DDP.

Great report - just finished reading it so far, we have adr's for the tea next month, I am taking my dd's while dh can nap at the resort ;) - really looking forward to it now!

Your report is driving me crazy!!!!!!!
Now I wanna go visit my aunt in GB to have a nice afternoon tea at the Ritz! (No way do I get my travel partner to go to the GF tea with me, :rotfl: )

Those little tea sandwiches look delish, and scones with jam and clotted cream - :cloud9: !

Thanks for taking the time to post! Hope you have a wonderful time!

Do you have any idea if you can buy the raspberry tartlets from GF Tea anywhere (other than at the tea)? DH would love them, but NOT the tea!

I haven't seen them anywhere, but that doesn't mean no.

Just found your report-loving all your reviews!

I am doing the Tea on our trip in November and soooo excited about it. I also read oybolshoi's report on it-and after gawking at the pictures I knew I had to experience it myself!!

I am the only female in my family, but DH agreed-and is excited about it as well! :woohoo:

Looking forward to more...:surfweb:

I already told DH and DS that they may have to plan on doing this with me on the next trip! :rotfl:

Thanks so much!! I am really looking forward to this and mom confided it is what she is looking forward to most. Great pics

DSM was looking forward to it most - I was so happy she liked it!

Great pics again! I feel like I am reliving my Spring vacation since you picked so many of our fav places! Thanks for that!

Great minds, eh? :goodvibes

The GF tea looked so good! I really wanted to do this and can't figure out where, since we're scheduling a beach day. I'm trying to be nice since DH wants to go to the beach one day.

Which beach?

The best part about being a grown up is that I get to drink what I want. :thumbsup2 I also drink plenty of coffee and lots of wine (as a chaser to my Flinstones vitamin of course) ;)

Now away from the media-driven Vitamin Water debate and back to the review... Love afternoon tea at GF! Just gorgeous. It's one of my favorite things we've done at WDW. :cloud9:

Yachtsman is another one that I can't wait to try on our upcoming trip. :goodvibes

We loved Yachtsman - just plan on a loooong dinner.

Thanks for the GF Tea review! It answered some of the questions I had, and it made me even more excited for when I go in Spetember. Can't wait! :goodvibes

It was my pleasure!

DDP, no. DDE - :thumbsup2 Used it and saved the old 20%

Great report - just finished reading it so far, we have adr's for the tea next month, I am taking my dd's while dh can nap at the resort ;) - really looking forward to it now!

Your report is driving me crazy!!!!!!!
Now I wanna go visit my aunt in GB to have a nice afternoon tea at the Ritz! (No way do I get my travel partner to go to the GF tea with me, :rotfl: )

Those little tea sandwiches look delish, and scones with jam and clotted cream - :cloud9: !

Thanks for taking the time to post! Hope you have a wonderful time!

Thanks both!!

I've heard that you cannot use DDP for the Tea.

Correct - but DDE is a go.

Last night we all met at the tail end of the rain in Canada for a great dinner. We were seated rather quickly and all proceeded to order drinks. There were a few basic martinis, lots of sodas and a vanilla milkshake (DS).

I didn't take photos of the pretzel bread, since those are all over these boards (yes, most of what we had was the pretzel - yum!) but they were enjoyed by all.

Dinners were great and varied. First, DSM"s mushroom filet, just the way it was described on the menu:

July2308III029.jpg

Next, DDd's NY Strip, Pittsburgh style (seared on both sides and pretty much raw in the middle) served with cream cheese mashed potatoes instead of roasted Yukon potatoes - this was very much enjoyed:

July2308III028.jpg

DB had the same as DDd:

July2308III030.jpg

DNep had the Prime Rib with fries substituted:

July2308III026.jpg

DSIL also had the mushroom fillet - looks like as ordered (who knew? she was on the other end of the table from me so I didn't realize until I saw the photo ;) )

DNee had the children's steak with fries:

July2308III024.jpg

DH had the mushroom filet without mushrooms and substituted cream cheese mashed potatoes for the risotto (so yes, he had a filet with cream cheese mashed potatoes like the old menu ;) ) They added a horseradish cream sauce to it - he said it was very good.

July2308III031.jpg

I had the prime rib and substituted cream cheese mashed potatoes - I loved this! The spices were salty and had a kick and the sauce was excellent!

July2308III032.jpg

DS had the kid's steak with green beans and cheddar cheese soup for his appetizer:

July2308III027.jpg

I would like to point out that I sent the camera around the table for photos so the quality is spotty...sorry about that!!!

DS and DNee both had the make your own sundae:

July2308III036.jpg

DSIL and DSM got the cheesecake - neither liked it very much:

July2308III040.jpg

DDd and DB both got the chocolate whiskey cake - both enjoyed:

July2308III039.jpg

DH got the chocolate mousse, which was pillaged by all:

July2308III038.jpg

DNep got the s'mores with no ice cream:

July2308III037.jpg

And I got the s'mores with vanilla ice cream:

July2308III042.jpg

Holy Sugar Shock Batman!!!

This is a graham cracker type cookie covered in a thick ganache, then ice cream, then the cookie and ganache again, covered in toasted marshmallows and then two sprinkled marshmallows on a stick (eaten by DS). It was very good, but SO sweet!

This place is too popular. They had delicious food and the service was friendly and accurate. But seriously, DNep and I still were EATING our entrees when all the other plates were whisked away and the other family members were given dessert menus. I believe he would have started taking their dessert orders before I was done eating if he could have. I was not impressed by this and felt very strongly like we were being rushed out. This was a contrast to the last night at Yachtsman where it almost got to be too long.

Other than that, we all loved it. :thumbsup2

DH and I dropped DS off at the GF Pirate Cruise and headed over to our breakfast "date" tradition: Kona Cafe. We were almost 30 minutes late and were seated immediately :thumbsup2 .

DH ordered an OJ and I had a cafe mocha:

July2408026.jpg

This was perfect - some are too sweet and this wasn't sweetened at all. I was able to add Splenda to taste, and it was just the way I like it.

DH ordered his usual - the Big Kahuna Platter: French toast, Macadamia-Pineapple pancakes, eggs, home fried potatoes, ham, bacon, and sausage

July2408028.jpg

He said everything was just perfectly good!

I ordered my new staple - the blueberry pancakes with sausage...from the top:

July2408029.jpg

turned over:

July2408030.jpg

The sausage was so good! I was glad DS was otherwise occupied so he wouldn't be tempted to steal. The pancakes were okay, nothing special. I ate half of them and gave up. The mocha had filled me up.

Our service was fantastic and we were in and out at a perfect pace. We used the DDE card and paid OOP for this meal. We will definitely be back! I would like to try the absolutely enormous fruit platter at some point.

We stopped here for a snack/lunch today after riding Soarin' and Living with the Land with DDd and DSM. DDd and DSM each had a key lime pie, and DH and I split one:

July2408082.jpg

This is tart and light and so fluffy it could float off the plate. Not a custardy pie, but more of a key lime whipped pie. A family favorite!

DH ordered the make your own sub for DS - so cute!

July2408086.jpg

He ordered an Italian sandwich on focaccia bread for him, but we split it:

July2408089.jpg

(sandwich, gatorade and key lime pie = CS credit)

He then ordered California Roll Sushi for me:

July2408084.jpg

A pickle for "dessert" because they were out of strawberry shortcake:

July2408088.jpg

And a water.

Now, this was a very thoughtful meal. He knows I always check out the sushi when we pick up groceries and he thought California roll was what I liked.

Nope. Nuh uh. I like VEGETARIAN sushi with lots of avocado. NOT crab.

He felt horrible. Fortunately I wasn't that hungry and DSM does like CA roll sushi so no harm done.

So not a scrumptious meal (outside the key lime pie) but we've had good luck and were due one of these.

We had dinner ADR's with the whole fam at Whispering Canyon Cafe. Then DB and Fam decided to skip dinner. Then DDd and DSM took on Epcot today and decided to do CS there. So we were opting between another shot at Cape May (without an ADR) or Beaches and Cream. The ADR system was down when we called so DH went down to the lobby to see if we could get in.

Believe it or not - it took FIVE minutes! He called to say "come down! I have a pager!" Then a minute later "Come down! It's blinking!!"

This was a do over, so a break from photos except:

July2308III002.jpg

A raspberry mojito - yum!!!!

The only major difference is that there was only clam chowder for soup and the pasta of the day was penne with alfredo and fungus. I had some without the shrooms and it still tasted shroomy.

But overall, an excellent meal! And now DDd and DSM are coming over after Illuminations and then we're off to see Wishes. Good night all!

MMM everything looks great! I don't see the big hype over Le Cellier really... its an odd choice of food for Canadian food Im from canada an we dont do alot of stuff with mushrooms or cream cheese potatoes! The big canadian staple here is poutine and beaver tails ... but then again everyone goes there so it must be pretty good! I think the Macademia pancakes look great!

Great updates!!I lovrd The Tea pix! Being from England they bring back such fond memories of Mum's homemade scones and jam tarts !!I loved cheese and cucumber sandwiches and egg and 'cress sammies !! Glad to see you can get potatoes at Le Cellier with the filet . Rissoto wasn't appealing !!

Which beach?

Cocoa. Got any good suggestions? We thought about going over to Clearwater, but the shorter drive wins out.

Yum on LC and Kona, we have both booked. Did you hear on the podcast yesterday (duh, probably not :) )that Disney's thinking of removing ALL the filets from the menus b/c they're losing money from them on the dining plan? I hope it's not true. :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter