A new rumor!

I can't copy the artist's map and reprint here, but if you look at it, FtW isn't even on the map!! I guess it might discourage prospective buyers if they knew they were next to trailer trash!

Now....I know this map isn't drawn to scale, but it wouldn't surprise me to see something related to Golden Oak on the opposite side of the canal that runs behind the 300 loop.

Excuuuuse me, motorhome trash too.
Okay....M.H. trash, too! :lmao:

I have to laugh at myself a lot, though. I enjoy watching House Hunters International on HGTV. As I'm watching the show, I think..."How can these people afford $200K (or whatever the price is) on a vacation home in another country?" Then I realize...that's exactly what I have sitting under the R.V. port. The only difference is, I can drive my vacation home to anywhere I want in the continental US, Canada, Mexico or South America. If I'm really determined, I can have my RV shipped to Europe and vacation all over Europe and Asia. (Well, I'd really have to win lottery to pull that one off - but in theory, it can be done.) Can those people say that? Those who own travel trailers can do that to!! So - who's smarter? :confused3

I just can't belive that WDW would offer up a piece of Bay Lake frontage between WL and FW. The land between those two points is just too valuable, IMO. Us poor trailer park trash might get an in-fill between Creekside Meadow/(group camping area) and the petting zoo/TCD area but it would be on the inland side across the bus road.

The Mickey's BBQ pavillion might fit between the 100-300 loop and the shores of Bay Lake and they could move the Horse Barn up by the Overflow Lot/check-in area to clear out space for more DVC. Now that Bay Lake Towers is built and so is the DVC over at Animal Kingdom, what is the next DVC property at WDW? There should always be on in the wings or the planning stages; that's there is not one on the front burner is probably due to the economy.

I guess DVC will build a multi-story rental between WL and Pioneer Hall on the waterfront and throw us campers a bone with an inland DVC property. I can't see a single story development like the Golden Oaks/old golf course next to FW no matter what the price. Inland maybe but the view of the fireworks over the MK is "priceless".

I'll continue to hunker down in the 1500 Loop until they run me off. :3dglasses

Bama ED

Wouldn't they create a golf cart path and parking lot like Pioneer Hall? They could let folks drive in along the service road by the Settlement Trading Post. Maybe they will turn the little cabin on the other side of the canal into primitive bathrooms? Either that or let you really rough it and use the nature trail itself. A sprinkle a day... :thumbsup2

If I recall, a couple months ago Disney widened the path behind loop 100 and 200 from the rear of the trading post and also dug the drainage ditch/creek larger also. Maybe this will be the new path to whatever they may be building back there

Wow, I guess I was wrong....I didn't realize that a lot of campers didn't bring most of their food. For us, if we are staying in the campground all day long, we'll eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner there. Just quick things.....bagels with cream cheese for breakfast, fruit, cold cereal. Lunch is just sandwiches. Dinner is maybe hot dogs with mac-n-cheese or something. I don't consider that cooking LOL. If we're in a park all day we'll eat breakfast at the camper and do lunch and dinner in the park.

We'd definitely use a food court though.....even if only for breakfast some mornings.

maybe its going to be a more finished lit path and sitting aera. For safety sake the area is a little secluded so its a wonder there have not been problems after dark

Here are some pictures taken on 8/24...

These first two are from the marina area.

There are markers in the sand...

There are three rows of markers for water, sewer, and electric.

Walking back toward the River Country are there are more flags/markers (its those little red things in the picture)

This line of flags runs up toward the stables...

And then right in the middle of this grassy area is one of those boring markers...

I agree with the last picture, very boring stick.

I agree with the last picture, very boring stick.

:rotfl:hahaha

I'm sure everyone knows this, but those little flags are markers for what is already in the ground. When the contractor is getting ready to start they get all the underground utilities located before they start digging, or directional drilling. SO something must be going through there?!!?

Hopefully its not something boring like looping the main power lines for better electrial service, they do that kind of thing down here a lot. You think they are doing something interesting and it turns out they are putting in a section of loop that was proposed 10 years before.

shafke- Thanks for posting the photos. These seem to confirm that something is gong on. . . but what?

:rotfl:hahaha

I'm sure everyone knows this, but those little flags are markers for what is already in the ground. When the contractor is getting ready to start they get all the underground utilities located before they start digging, or directional drilling. SO something must be going through there?!!?

Hopefully its not something boring like looping the main power lines for better electrial service, they do that kind of thing down here a lot. You think they are doing something interesting and it turns out they are putting in a section of loop that was proposed 10 years before.

So true.

This could be no big deal.

All that we know for sure at this point is that they are putting conduit in along the shore of Bay Lake. It doesn't seem like a big deal at this point. No permits or even permit applications appear to relate to this work, and I would think if water or sewer lines were going in, they would be excavating for those at the same time.

But, this rumor about the pavilion being relocated is persistent.

Time will tell.

TCD

In a few weeks I will be down there and I am going to move the sticks.

The markers by the marina were gone on the 27th (or that evening anyway).
Also, some kids already beat you to it. The day I took these pictures it looked like some kids had taken a few of the markers to play with. They made some piles of sand and stuck the flags on the top.

Just back from a weekend at the Fort and I spoke with a CM from the Settlement TCD stables.

She said in about a year construction will begin on a new barn and stables at the Outpost and all horses will be moved there when construction is completed, in about 2 years.

The current TCD stables at the Settlement will be knocked down and the area will become a parking lot for the DVC resort which will be built at RC.

She said a line of trees would be planted to block the view of the parking lot, but it would probably still be visible to FW guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter