A new rumor!

...Please share w/us-what is a Kungaloosh?

Kungaloosh (Courtesy of FtWildernessGuh)
1/4 cup Blackberry Brandy
1/4 cup Capt Morgan's spiced rum
1/4 cup strawberry daiquiri mix
1/4 cup orange juice

Blend with enough ice to make slushy.

Just think of how awesome it will be if the Backyard BBQ dose move down the beach! All of our amped up hillbilly music blaring night after night in to the backyards of all the pinkie up crowd in Golden Oaks! BRING IT ON! AND CRANK IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just looked at the information for Golden Oak. I'm thinking the hotel they are planning maybe in that Bay Lake area. They are saying GO residences will have private transportation. Awhile back they announced new monorails.:teacher: 2+2= For 8 million I think I would want a private monorail to the MK.::yes::

Awhile back they announced new monorails
Sorry, no new monorails. The masive expansion that the monorail junkies are all hot and bothered about is just a 62 foot maintenance spur near TTC. The cost of building the beams is so high that I don't think Disney will ever be able to justify the cost of any widespread expansion. If they build it, you will pay for it.

Sorry, no new monorails. The masive expansion that the monorail junkies are all hot and bothered about is just a 62 foot maintenance spur near TTC. The cost of building the beams is so high that I don't think Disney will ever be able to justify the cost of any widespread expansion. If they build it, you will pay for it.

:sad2: sad, but true!

A CM also stated to my "source" that there have already been pilings driven in the area of River Country, and that this is evidence that a big building is going in.

But, there aren't any pilings.

I know because I looked.

And if they were there, I would have seen them.

And used my camera/broomstick/duct tape apparatus to post photos.

Many photos.

Trust me on that.

Plus, why would they pilings before there was any permits or site work?

TCD

If pilings were driven I think that someone would have noticed them going in. The equipment to do this cannot be easily hidden. I also don't think the ground in this area would support any contruction equipment.

On the plus side to all these rumors maybe the campground will finally get that counter service/food court that it needs.

I don't believe the rumors of a DVC resort attached to FW. I think the prevailing opinion of many DVC owners is that FW is a trailer park and they would never use their points to be a part of it. They would not want to share transportation, or God forbid a POOL, with the campers. I definitely don't think they can upsell Fort Wilderness as a fancy DVC resort.

If they are going to put more DVC rooms in the area, I think it's far more likely they'd expand the VWL and attach it to the "Wilderness Lodge" brand or they'll build something on the other side as part of Golden Oak.

At least, I hope that's what they do. I'd hate to see more vehicle traffic passing through the Fort to new parking lots by the lake. bleh.

I agree. Whenever we tell people that we are camping at Fort Wilderness. They say YOU'RE CAMPING, I could never do that. Little do they realize that there are anything from tents to half million dollar units. On the bright side, if they think it's beneath them, it leaves more sites for the people that really want to be there.

Eh, I somewhat disagree Indimom and Disneylitch. As a former DVC member and camper I never thought that the Fort or campers were below us by any means...and you're right - there are literal million dollar rigs at the Fort. But there probably are some folks who think the way you're suggesting.

I know there are a few DVC owners who use their points only for the Fort...I wonder if they'd ever make a DVC Campground? Or a DVC loop?

I just hope this all means more restaurant and food options for the Fort!

I agree. Whenever we tell people that we are camping at Fort Wilderness. They say YOU'RE CAMPING, I could never do that.
I get the same thing all the time, you have a camper?
Do you think these people have a microwave oven, stove, coffe maker, TVs & stereo with surround sound, leather recliners, 2 couches, private bedroom suite, fireplace, wine rack, fridge, and their furry pals, when they stay in a hotel?

Eh, I somewhat disagree Indimom and Disneylitch. As a former DVC member and camper I never thought that the Fort or campers were below us by any means...and you're right - there are literal million dollar rigs at the Fort. But there probably are some folks who think the way you're suggesting.

I know there are a few DVC owners who use their points only for the Fort...I wonder if they'd ever make a DVC Campground? Or a DVC loop?

I just hope this all means more restaurant and food options for the Fort!

This has been my opinion as well for the last 10 years at the Fort. Maybe I just ignore the haters, but I've never come across anyone looking down on campers. Of course, I haven't lived on these boards all these years as I only recently started posting. Maybe those attitudes I haven't seen are more prevalent here on the boards where the haters can hide better.....

I want to keep believing that Disney sees the Fort as a profitable venue and they keep enhancing our experience.

Do you think these people have a microwave oven, stove, coffe maker, TVs & stereo with surround sound, leather recliners, 2 couches, private bedroom suite, fireplace, wine rack, fridge, and their furry pals, when they stay in a hotel?

:idea:
Wanna trade???

I don't by any means think that all DVC owners are that way - but I think enough of them are that way that a FW DVC addition won't happen in the near future. (Maybe that is just what I hope is true?)
They've got a ton of lake front room between the GF and the Poly to slap up another Bay Lake Tower. Let's start that rumor.

Definitely looks like they are getting ready to lay some nice size electric lines in that 4" conduit. Something is about to happen. When I was there in May I saw what I am pretty sure were wetland delineation borings there too.

As for a possible DVC resort (if it is destined to happen) I would love to see a resort consisting of 1 to 3 bedroom cottages/cabins....something that really integrated with the surroundings, instead of a clearcut, huge resort, and native plants scattered about.

Ohh, that would be sooo nice! I have stayed at the cabins and loved it! This would be really great for all of us who have to reserve 1 bedrooms or above and get to stay at the Fort Wilderness would be awesome. While I am a deluxe "snob", I would eagerly give up everything to stay at one of these cabins. One can dream...but then again wishes do come true (or at least I heard that - LOL):rolleyes1

And a bar??

4905708909_a40e800e2d.jpg

Which btw, now has hanging glass racks too ...for the acrylic margarita/wine glasses of course. :upsidedow

And a bar??
Of course, who doesn't have a bar with three doggies underneath it in their RV.
I betcha you're just chomping at the bit to come down and put it to good use.
Are the glasses different colors and do you have the little bamboo umbrellas to go with them?

I don't believe the rumors of a DVC resort attached to FW. I think the prevailing opinion of many DVC owners is that FW is a trailer park and they would never use their points to be a part of it. They would not want to share transportation, or God forbid a POOL, with the campers. I definitely don't think they can upsell Fort Wilderness as a fancy DVC resort.

If they are going to put more DVC rooms in the area, I think it's far more likely they'd expand the VWL and attach it to the "Wilderness Lodge" brand or they'll build something on the other side as part of Golden Oak.

At least, I hope that's what they do. I'd hate to see more vehicle traffic passing through the Fort to new parking lots by the lake. bleh.

Jeez, some people here have some real self-worth issues here! Making generalizations is worse than what you accuse others of. There are better ways to deal with an inferiority complex.

I'm a VWL owner that loves FW. I've camped there in the past, and love to walk the camprgrounds, especially at Christmas time.

Personally, I can't see the point of adding DVC at FW when the WL is walking distance away. Why have duplicative theming at two resorts? An expansion at VWL would make more sense. However, DVC at the Poly or GF makes even more sense.

Oh, and about pool-hopping.........................., you're right, this DVCer doesn't like it. I don't care if your coming from FW or GF. When the work was going on at the FW pool and people were coming over to WL - no problem, glad to have you.

The pools are sized for the resorts where they are located. It's a rule people conveniently ignore because it's an inconvenience to them. Kinda like line jumping, mug re-use, saving spots, ...............etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter