A new rumor!

And a bar??

4905708909_a40e800e2d.jpg

Which btw, now has hanging glass racks too ...for the acrylic margarita/wine glasses of course. :upsidedow

If you're there when I am, I'll pay you 20 bucks a day to let Mickey stay in a cage under your bar. loveDmouse will probably pay more.

If you're there when I am, I'll pay you 20 bucks a day to let Mickey stay in a cage under your bar. loveDmouse will probably pay more.

Ha Ha Ha! Aren't we funny. :laughing:

I don't particularly care to pay more money. I just said I think there are plenty of people who would. IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH SAYING THE PLACE LOOKS NEAT????????????????? :headache:

That is the end of my opinions on anything here. I give up!

Jeez, some people here have some real self-worth issues here! Making generalizations is worse than what you accuse others of. There are better ways to deal with an inferiority complex.

Personally, I can't see the point of adding DVC at FW when the WL is walking distance away. Why have duplicative theming at two resorts? An expansion at VWL would make more sense. However, DVC at the Poly or GF makes even more sense.

Oh, and about pool-hopping.........................., you're right, this DVCer doesn't like it. I don't care if your coming from FW or GF. When the work was going on at the FW pool and people were coming over to WL - no problem, glad to have you.

The pools are sized for the resorts where they are located. It's a rule people conveniently ignore because it's an inconvenience to them. Kinda like line jumping, mug re-use, saving spots, ...............etc.

LOL. That's cute. I actually have a unreasonably high opininon of myself, tyvm. I drank that kool aid a long time ago. My Mom still tells me how awesome I am. Not that I need to be reminded.
Look, more than half of my neighbors are DVC owners. They can't get enough of the mouse. They are all fine people, and almost none of them would ever stay at FW. That's where my statement comes from. It is a generalization based on my neighbors, AND the 3 or 4 threads that appear on the Dis every week, talking about FW in those terms. That is the broad perception many people - including a lot of DVCers who are used to staying moderate or above - have of FW.

And I've never pool hopped, actually. I tried it once when I was staying at the Fish, but made the mistake to going to the BW or the BC, I forget which, and that clown pool scared the kungaloosh right out of me. I promise I'll never make that mistake again.

You see, Monique?

I told you!

Get your DH busy on the second level of that thing.

Y'all will make money while you are on vacation.

TCD

LOL. That's cute. I actually have a unreasonably high opininon of myself, tyvm. I drank that kool aid a long time ago. My Mom still tells me how awesome I am. Not that I need to be reminded.
Look, more than half of my neighbors are DVC owners. They can't get enough of the mouse. They are all fine people, and almost none of them would ever stay at FW. That's where my statement comes from. It is a generalization based on my neighbors, AND the 3 or 4 threads that appear on the Dis every week, talking about FW in those terms. That is the broad perception many people - including a lot of DVCers who are used to staying moderate or above - have of FW.

And I've never pool hopped, actually. I tried it once when I was staying at the Fish, but made the mistake to going to the BW or the BC, I forget which, and that clown pool scared the kungaloosh right out of me. I promise I'll never make that mistake again.

Point taken, and I do appreciate your sense of humor.

Let's get serious here for a second.

Explain to me why someone not wanting to stay at FW is in anyway "looking down on" or being "snobby to" a camper? Like I said, DW and I regularly go over to FW - Trails End, HDDR, etc. I'll sit out in the rocking chairs and chat with folks all day.

That being said, as a DVC owner, I have essentially pre-paid for hotel rooms on property. Why would I want to camp now? How does that make someone a snob?

The vibe coming out of this thread has a lot class warfare in the tone.

My comment was directed to no particular group in particular. We have been in the parks many times and we would be talking to people waiting in lines for a ride. The comments come up when asked where are you staying. That's when I hear, YOU CAMP. Maybe they are amazed that people will weather the elements, who knows. I don't know if they are DVC members or not. Don't really care. I think people in general don't have any idea what Fort Wilderness is like. My thoughts are, I don't really care where you stay, just have fun. If you want to stay in the Grand Floridian, stay there. If you want to ten camp, do that.

I don't believe the rumors of a DVC resort attached to FW. I think the prevailing opinion of many DVC owners is that FW is a trailer park and they would never use their points to be a part of it. They would not want to share transportation, or God forbid a POOL, with the campers. I definitely don't think they can upsell Fort Wilderness as a fancy DVC resort.
Please tell me you were kidding when you said that the prevailing opinion of DVC owners is that FW is a trailer park!!!! Are you a DVC member? If so, do you feel that way? I am a DVC member and I use my points as often as I can to stay at the Fort. We joined in 1996 and primarily stayed at DVC resorts until we bought our RV. In all that time, I never felt that the Fort was like a trailer park, nor did I ever hear anyone else indicate that they felt that way. As far as sharing transportation, I've often stayed at the Fort and the bus has stopped at the Wilderness Lodge on it's way to Hollywood Studios. I haven't seen anyone on the bus looking down their nose at me because of where I was staying. There are quite a few people on this board who are DVC members and use their points to stay at the Fort. It can be a very economical way to use your points.

indimom3 and ThumperandLitenin, I think you both have valid points and opinions. Now can we talk about something fun and very important, like BradyBz12's mini dinosaur bar. How many of you noticed it?

indimom3 and ThumperandLitenin, I think you both have valid points and opinions. Now can we talk about something fun and very important, like BradyBz12's mini dinosaur bar. How many of you noticed it?

The beer and Kungaloosh that the Otters could serve from that thing is amazing!!!

(Now this thread is where it is supposed to be :-)

Now can we talk about something fun and very important, like BradyBz12's mini dinosaur bar. How many of you noticed it?
I thought she was just being a very thoughtful camper and keeping her pet dinosaur crated while she was at the parks! :)

Please tell me you were kidding when you said that the prevailing opinion of DVC owners is that FW is a trailer park!!!! Are you a DVC member? If so, do you feel that way? I am a DVC member and I use my points as often as I can to stay at the Fort. We joined in 1996 and primarily stayed at DVC resorts until we bought our RV. In all that time, I never felt that the Fort was like a trailer park, nor did I ever hear anyone else indicate that they felt that way. As far as sharing transportation, I've often stayed at the Fort and the bus has stopped at the Wilderness Lodge on it's way to Hollywood Studios. I haven't seen anyone on the bus looking down their nose at me because of where I was staying. There are quite a few people on this board who are DVC members and use their points to stay at the Fort. It can be a very economical way to use your points.

:confused3it is a park full of trailers...

very expensive trailers that cost far more than my 2 DVC contracts;)

call them RVs, trailers, whatever...in my experience (as a WLV owner who enjoys knocking around FW for hour or so pre-hoop de doo) despite FW being absolutely lovely, it's not the same vibe as typical DVC resort. I certainly wouldn't want to deal with parking my personal vehicle and navigating the internal bus system to reach a possible DVC resort. Yet, that's the beauty of DVC & disney accommodations in general...something for everybody, both as to 'taste' and 'price'.:goodvibes

problem is disney is happy enough to welcome non-guest visitors to their resorts. We too have observed the WL pool being 'enjoyed' by those not eligible to pool hop and unless there would be a clear separation of current FW & rumoured new DVC resort, im afraid the facilities would certainly be overloaded in both resorts...good luck campers.:wizard:

edit: btw, before flaming, my family enjoys tent camping (we are the true red-headed stepchildren of most camping resorts we've visited lol)

One thing that made me look at the fort in a different light was on our last trip in August. On our last day I saw a family of 5 pull into the fort pulling what looked to be a 1970ish I believe Layton TT. It was pretty rough looking with a window shaker hanging out the side. At first I said wow, look at that thing, then it hit me. Especially with this economy camping gives a lot of families the ability to vacation alot more affordable. I said in another post, I think one about ticket prices rising that Walt Disney's dream was to have a magical place for all children. The fort is a place that can make this happen for a lot of people. Friends up north fall over when I tell them what I pay to camp but in all reality it's a deal. So IMHO, weather we drive $200K motor coaches or pull a 1970's TT, we can all experience the magic. I hope that family had the time of thier lives while staying at the fort. Call us what they may (trailer trash if they must) but we are all known as Disney vacationers and it's great that everyone can experience the "magic" no matter how our economy may be.

:confused3it is a park full of trailers...

very expensive trailers that cost far more than my 2 DVC contracts;)

call them RVs, trailers, whatever...in my experience (as a WLV owner who enjoys knocking around FW for hour or so pre-hoop de doo) despite FW being absolutely lovely, it's not the same vibe as typical DVC resort. I certainly wouldn't want to deal with parking my personal vehicle and navigating the internal bus system to reach a possible DVC resort. Yet, that's the beauty of DVC & disney accommodations in general...something for everybody, both as to 'taste' and 'price'.:goodvibes

problem is disney is happy enough to welcome non-guest visitors to their resorts. We too have observed the WL pool being 'enjoyed' by those not eligible to pool hop and unless there would be a clear separation of current FW & rumoured new DVC resort, im afraid the facilities would certainly be overloaded in both resorts...good luck campers.:wizard:

edit: btw, before flaming, my family enjoys tent camping (we are the true red-headed stepchildren of most camping resorts we've visited lol)

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree! I think of a trailer park as a place where people live permanently in their trailers, whereas I think of Fort Wilderness as a campground. I guess I'm just thankful that my DVC friends (and I've got a lot of them after 14 years of being a member) don't think of the Fort as a trailer park (or my definition of a trailer park).

What I would like to see is DVC being a part of the Fort, but not an actual new resort. I've said this before on other threads, when you use DVC points for a campsite, there are certain rules that make it a little more difficult to use points...or to cancel them if you have to. If DVC was a part of the Fort, we would just have to same rules as you do with a regular DVC reservation. The problem with this is that they would probably have a specific DVC loop, but then I couldn't stay in my favorite 800 loop. I guess there isn't a perfect solution!

There are also alot of people that don't realize that Fort Wilderness is a Disney property resort. I'm back home and was shopping and vacations came up in conversation. I told them that we have a MH and stay at Fort Wilderness. They said they wouldn't want to stay off Disney property. The bottom line is that the less people know, the more room there is for people that want to stay at The Fort. So maybe we should just keep our mouths shut so it won't be so hard to get reservations during peak times.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree! I think of a trailer park as a place where people live permanently in their trailers, whereas I think of Fort Wilderness as a campground. I guess I'm just thankful that my DVC friends (and I've got a lot of them after 14 years of being a member) don't think of the Fort as a trailer park (or my definition of a trailer park).

What I would like to see is DVC being a part of the Fort, but not an actual new resort. I've said this before on other threads, when you use DVC points for a campsite, there are certain rules that make it a little more difficult to use points...or to cancel them if you have to. If DVC was a part of the Fort, we would just have to same rules as you do with a regular DVC reservation. The problem with this is that they would probably have a specific DVC loop, but then I couldn't stay in my favorite 800 loop. I guess there isn't a perfect solution!

i see ur from the south, up in my area (north, pittsburgh 'burbs) trailer parks are usually 'well kempt', with many senior only communties neat as a pin. it's the trailer 'courts' that have the older units & seemingly fit the unfortunate stereotypes associated. These are the properties that are becoming a dying breed, when the surround land increases in value, the short-term leases are typically ended, evictions start and new construction commences. I'd really hate to think Disney would ever consider altering FW's charm.

ps Im a realtor & have sold many double-wides on foundations (many with pitched roofs, plaster walls, upgrades etc. & typically set in more rural areas w/septic) wherein the buyers didn't even know they were purchasing a manufactured home vs traditional construction.

i was speaking more of rumor of new high-rise contruction in the old river country area vs a dedicated camping loop for DVC'rs.

Im not aware of many DVC'rs who use their points to book hotel rooms or the campgrounds directly as the point to value isn't skewed in our favor. It's far easier/better return to transfer points to another member or rent a reservation outright.

Im not aware of many DVC'rs who use their points to book hotel rooms or the campgrounds directly as the point to value isn't skewed in our favor. It's far easier/better return to transfer points to another member or rent a reservation outright.

I agree that using points for a hotel room is not a good deal. However using them at the Fort can be a great deal. I can usually stay in a premium site for 5 nights for around 50 points! At that rate, I can make quite a few trips to the Fort every year...however due to my work schedule, I really can't. :( Like I said, I would love DVC to be a part of the Fort since that is how I (and a few others here) like to use my points, but I don't see it happening.

One more thing about the "trailer park" comment...I'm sure you have very nice trailer parks near you (we have some here too), but the person that said DVC members think of FW as a trailer park said, "They would not want to share transportation, or God forbid a POOL, with the campers." I felt (just my opinion) like that was saying that we DVC members look down our noses at campers, which was what I was disagreeing with. I've met a lot of DVC members over the years and I've never found that to be true. I guess I just misunderstood what the poster was referring to.

ha, just consider the source;) i say. imo just an odd pecking order mentality perhaps:confused3that makes many DVC'rs feel superior to the resorts/campground. Im happy to stay @ the values & have done so many times. It goes both ways though, we've had several RV'rs make smart remarks re our multi-room tent & screen house in the parks...i wouldn't trade them for the world.

yeah right :lmao:still we enjoy it for a change of pace, nothing like bonding w/family in a tent on a rainy weekend.

hope it all turns out well:wizard: disney world needs to preserve the campground tradition.

I could see DVC going in by the old RC area. All pull thru sites, grills that don't rust, larger sites, separate entrance, own marina, fishing priviledges in Bay Lake, parking for up to 3 vehicles, food court (upscale of course) and all for only a cool $90,000.

I HOPE they don't ruin the one and only fishing spot on Bay Lake that is left for the regular person. Why not move it up closer to the parking lot where there is plenty of room to expand and not impact camper at all.
I wonder what Walt would think of his beautiful idea and a magical place for kids turning into a money making steam roller. Guess I'll just enjoy the Fort while I can still afford it.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter