A very Caribbean March Break getaway! TR link added 03/23

suse66

When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true!
I'm off to the Caribbean for March Break...Caribbean Beach resort that is!

Hello friends and welcome to this very quick PTR! I am heading to Disney March 12-17 for a stay at Caribbean Beach! As we are going to Aulani this summer for our 25th wedding anniversary, I used all my DVC points for that reservation. I honestly did not anticipate going to Disney until December at the earliest. That is until My DH asked me on February 15th if I wanted to go away for March Break. I just looked at him and said 'with what money?" He replied "book what you want and don't worry about it". Well what do you say to that but yes please!

For those who don't know me, I'm Susan. I love all things Disney; family trips, solo trips, friend trips, Disney lounges, Orange Bird, Haunted Mansion, Disney Pandora, Disney Dress Shoppe dresses, Disney Dooney and Bourke bags etc etc. Quite the turn around for the girl who had to be coaxed to go to Disney for the first time 15 years ago. You might say I am hooked! The Disney bubble is definitely my happy place, so much so that I bought a DVC property at Boulder Ridge Villas 4 years ago and would happily buy more points when possible.

For this trip I booked Caribbean Beach Resort in a waterview 5th sleeper room using the spring promo of 25% off. I have a 5 day park hopper ticket utilizing the Canadian 20% discount. I had Avion Rewards points so utilized those for my flight on West Jet. My one room request is near the Skyliner and I am specifically going to ask for Aruba building 55 to be closer to the Riviera skyliner station. Once I saw the view from that building, I was in love.

Back soon with travel and 1st day plans!

I’m joining in!

Aulani sounds amazing, but what a great bonus to get another trip to Disney World! If my husband ever said that, I think I’d faint. :laughing:

I can’t wait to hear about your plans.

Joining in! Sounds like a great getaway from the Cold Canadian Winter! But are you going solo or is the hubby joining you?

I’m here. Can’t to hear all 😊
Yay! great to have you here, Moira!
You’re there for Paddy’s Day!!!
Oh how much I wish I was with you ☘️☘️☘️☘️
How awesome would that be??? One day! I even have a Mickey Leprechaun shirt for the big day.:shamrock:
I’m joining in!

Aulani sounds amazing, but what a great bonus to get another trip to Disney World! If my husband ever said that, I think I’d faint. :laughing:
I can’t wait to hear about your plans.
I was pretty shocked when he said it! But you know I am never going to turn down a Disney trip!
I'm here! :goodvibes I love it when our loved ones encourage us to take the trips and do the things that make us happy. And this trip is just a few weeks away!
Hi Alicia! Now only 15 days!! I had a bit of an issue with my passport so had to make a run to the passport office last week. I thought it expired March 21st but it was actually February 21st. Ooops!
Joining in! Sounds like a great getaway from the Cold Canadian Winter! But are you going solo or is the hubby joining you?
Glad to have you here, Alison! This is a solo trip but I have quite a few fun Dismeets planned, :)

Last edited:

Travel and first day plans!

I am flying West Jet out of Toronto Pearson on Tuesday, March 12th. I have a late afternoon flight, arriving in Orlando at 7 pm. Typically I book a car service to the airport but this time I am going to grab the commuter train down to the city and then take the airport express train. It'll take about 30 minutes longer time wise but saves a lot....$20 vs $140. That $120 is money that can be spent at Disney!

I will grab a ride share to the resort from the airport and hopefully will arrive by 8:30 at the latest. Due to the late hour I will probably just grab a light dinner at Banana Cabana. I have fond memories of the Jerk Chicken salad and Prickly Pear margarita from last summer. Plus I know you can get the bread pudding from Sebastian's at the bar!

1708945056594.png

Hmmm, does that remind you of another bread pudding on property??? I am happy to do a taste test and report back with my findings.

I am torn between requesting the new Little Mermaid inspired rooms in the Trindad section and the Aruba section to be closer to Riviera. Decisions, decisions!

Wednesday morning I plan to have a leisurely morning with a stroll around the resort, coffee and getting settled in. Then I will be heading off to Topolinos for brunch! Joining me is the lovely @KathyM2 , Billie (long time Disers will remember her) and a friend of Billie's. I have wanted to do this brunch for such a long time and am really looking forward to it! Sour Cream waffles will be calling my name!

1708945694738.png

After brunch, we are planning on heading to Epcot! And you know that means Flower and Garden festival!!!! This is my favourite festival and I am so excitd to take in all the springtime beauty. :goodvibes
1708947746633.png
I plan on sampling a few food booths as well as long as I am not too full from brunch. Bille, Kathy and Billie's friend will be joining me at Epcot. Kathy will be heading out after the afternoon but the rest of the group will head to Magic Kingdom! Here's where I will miss not being at a deluxe this trip as there are extra hours this evening. Oh well! The most important thing is seeing my beloved Happily Ever After.

1708948327671.png

I am debating getting Genie+ for this day. I might but then again I might just do the low wait experiences and take in the atmosphere.

And that's a wrap on day one!!

Yay! I was waiting to hear all about this! I wanted to come along so much! If the stupid fights would have been more reasonable I wou,d have tried to swing it!
I think staying at CBR is perfect with Skyliner and the close proximity to Riviera!
I‘m glad you are able to meet up with Billie and Kathy, how fun!
You will love the brunch at Topolinos.
Remember to check the time for HEA :rotfl:

I've heard nothing but amazing things about Topolino's. I'm sure you will have a great meal, made even better by dining with friends.
Perusing the Flower and Garden booths after a big brunch sounds perfect.

I am torn between requesting the new Little Mermaid inspired rooms in the Trindad section and the Aruba section to be closer to Riviera. Decisions, decisions!

This is a great time to go to WDW and your husband was great to suggest it. :)

My sister stayed in a recently remodeled room that was super close to the Skyliner station and loved it. The room was cute, too. She found the location great for the Skyliner but a little less convenient to the food court.

I'm off to the Caribbean for March Break...Caribbean Beach resort that is!
Had me going there. :laughing:
we are going to Aulani this summer for our 25th wedding anniversary
ooohhh! Nice!
I honestly did not anticipate going to Disney until December at the earliest. That is until My DH asked me on February 15th if I wanted to go away for March Break. I just looked at him and said 'with what money?" He replied "book what you want and don't worry about it". Well what do you say to that but yes please!
::yes::
It'll take about 30 minutes longer time wise but saves a lot....$20 vs $140.
30 minutes is nothing... $120 difference... is.
Billie (long time Disers will remember her)
Never met her, but... ::yes::

I don't tend to comment on PTRs much, but will be following and waiting for the TR

Wednesday morning I plan to have a leisurely morning with a stroll around the resort, coffee and getting settled in. Then I will be heading off to Topolinos for brunch! Joining me is the lovely @KathyM2 , Billie (long time Disers will remember her) and a friend of Billie's. I have wanted to do this brunch for such a long time and am really looking forward to it! Sour Cream waffles will be calling my name!
This sounds like a great start to your trip! I think we will be having brunch at Topolino’s the same morning :) We loved it so much on our last trip, we’re excited to go back!

Your plans sound great and the savings to the airport is really a dinner or two!

How awesome would that be??? One day! I even have a Mickey Leprechaun shirt for the big day.:shamrock:
It would definitely be awesome! You will have to post photos of you in the shirt. It sounds perfect!
I was pretty shocked when he said it! But you know I am never going to turn down a Disney trip!
He’s a keeper for sure.
t'll take about 30 minutes longer time wise but saves a lot....$20 vs $140. That $120 is money that can be spent at Disney!
Totally worth the extra time so you have more $ for Disney.
I will probably just grab a light dinner at Banana Cabana. I have fond memories of the Jerk Chicken salad and Prickly Pear margarita from last summer. Plus I know you can get the bread pudding from Sebastian's at the bar!
You are definitely the fountain of all knowledge when it comes to getting bread pudding :rotfl:
Wednesday morning I plan to have a leisurely morning with a stroll around the resort, coffee and getting settled in.
This is my favourite way to start a holiday. Now to be honest jet lag usually has us up before the birds on our first morning but I absolutely love being out and about before the world wakes up and then watching the sunrise and having an early breakfast.
Flower and Garden festival!!!! This is my favourite festival
Mine too! I think Epcot is at it’s prettiest during F&G
The most important thing is seeing my beloved Happily Ever After.
❤️

Yay! I was waiting to hear all about this! I wanted to come along so much! If the stupid fights would have been more reasonable I wou,d have tried to swing it!
It would have been awesome to have you there! December is calling though...we should start making plans. :)
You will love the brunch at Topolinos.
I am really looking forward to trying it! Any recommendations?
Remember to check the time for HEA :rotfl:
Right???? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I've heard nothing but amazing things about Topolino's. I'm sure you will have a great meal, made even better by dining with friends.
Perusing the Flower and Garden booths after a big brunch sounds perfect.
I've heard great things about Topolinos too. I am so looking forward to F&G after. :)
This is a great time to go to WDW and your husband was great to suggest it. :)
I was amazed he brought it up honestly. We were just going to do a low key March Break with local activities but I think he knew I was feeling sad about not going this summer. He knows I am my happiest, best self in the bubble. :)
My sister stayed in a recently remodeled room that was super close to the Skyliner station and loved it. The room was cute, too. She found the location great for the Skyliner but a little less convenient to the food court.
Sounds great! When was she down? I am a little bummed about the feature pool being closed but the proximity to the Skyliner makes up for it.
Best husband ever!!

Looking forward to following along!
Thank you and :welcome:
Had me going there. :laughing:
You know I have never been to the Caribbean. I just don't see the appeal of an all inclusive. I guess because I spend all summer on the beach at the cottage, I prefer something different for my vacation.
ooohhh! Nice!
We are really looking forward to it!
Never met her, but... ::yes::
Billie is a hoot! You would really enjoy her company. :)
This sounds like a great start to your trip! I think we will be having brunch at Topolino’s the same morning :) We loved it so much on our last trip, we’re excited to go back!
Awesome! Glad you loved it! We are dining at 11:00. Maybe we will see you and your crew and have a chance to say hello. :)
Your plans sound great and the savings to the airport is really a dinner or two!
Thanks Alison! I do love the luxury aspect of the car service but extra $$ is always nice too.
It would definitely be awesome! You will have to post photos of you in the shirt. It sounds perfect!
Bill bought it for our monorail crawl on St Patty's in 2022. I stole it from him for this trip.
He’s a keeper for sure.
Definitely! Nothing better than being married to your best friend.
Totally worth the extra time so you have more $ for Disney.
Absolutely!
You are definitely the fountain of all knowledge when it comes to getting bread pudding :rotfl:
Bread pudding is a food group in my world.
This is my favourite way to start a holiday. Now to be honest jet lag usually has us up before the birds on our first morning but I absolutely love being out and about before the world wakes up and then watching the sunrise and having an early breakfast.
Love that too. I am a naturally early riser so love the chance to get out and explore when it's quiet.
Mine too! I think Epcot is at it’s prettiest during F&G
Agreed!:flower2::flower1::butterfly

When was she down? I am a little bummed about the feature pool being closed but the proximity to the Skyliner makes up for it.
She was at the Carribean Nov 28-Dec 2, before the pool was closed.

My big worry about the feature pool would be noise from the refurbishment. Jackhammers can be very noisy.

Last edited:
You know I have never been to the Caribbean. I just don't see the appeal of an all inclusive. I guess because I spend all summer on the beach at the cottage, I prefer something different for my vacation.
I can see that.
Billie is a hoot! You would really enjoy her company. :)
:laughing: Maybe so!

I am happy to do a taste test and report back with my findings.

Addicted to the Mouse (they’re travel agents with a great YouTube channel and podcast) actually liked the bread pudding from Sebastian’s Bistro better than ‘Ohana’s… and they’re big fans of ‘Ohana! I’ll be interested to hear your take.

Then I will be heading off to Topolinos for brunch!

That’s so exciting! I have all my fingers crossed that I’ll be able to score us a brunch reservation here.

What great company you’ll have today! I’m pretty sure Kathy has joined in on one or two of my reports… and I absolutely loved Billie’s reports when she used to post of the DIS. You’ll have so much fun!

This is my favourite festival and I am so excitd to take in all the springtime beauty. :goodvibes

I am biased as I’ve only been to one festival (so far!), but I also adore the Flower & Garden Festival. The topiaries, the bright colors, the yummy food… it’s just awesome.

Between Topolino’s, Flower & Garden, and HEA, you’re planning a fantastic first day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter