A very Caribbean March Break getaway! TR link added 03/23

so my priority will be Peter Pan while everyone else is lining up for Seven Dwarves. Is it just me that I don't get the hype over Seven Dwarves? I mean it's cute and all but I am certainly not waiting in a big line for it.
I agree, 7DMT is cute and a fun coaster, but it's not worth the long wait or paying for the ILL in my opinion. I would love to ride it but only if the lines go down at some point.
Next up is a trip across the Seven Seas Lagoon to the Grand Floridian! With Easter so early this year, the Easter Egg display will be out and I am so interested in seeing it. I am sure the pictures I have seen do not do it justice!
I didn't realize the Easter display would be out while we're there! I always wanted to see that, now I'm wondering if we can fit it into our schedule at all.
Tonight's plans are super exciting!! First up, one of my all time favourite bands, Modern English
I was bummed, we are just going to miss Modern English! We will be there for Rick Springfield.
Who knows if Jelly Rolls or Abracadbar will be calling our name after dinner? All I can say is that it is going to be fun!
Sounds like a really fun day!

We always head to Peter Pan at early opening, too, except for the one time that we ended up near the front of the early opening line. We headed to SDMR instead. It was our first time going through the standby line. I had heard that there were lots of interactive things to do in the mine ride line but didn't see that much. We were off that ride in just a few minutes, but it was already too late for Peter Pan. That line fills up fast.
I've gone through the standby once or twice and wasn't wowed by it either. PPF is always going to get my vote. Such a classic dark ride.
I would love to see the egg display. We tend to avoid WDW during the busy spring break season. They need to leave the display up longer, just for us. ;)
I am really looking forward to this too! If I had any choice I wouldn't be travelling at March Break but such is life when you work for a school board.
The best part about staying at CBR is being able to catch a DHS bus from any resort. It is really hard to travel from resort to resort. But the DHS bus works perfectly, especially if you are staying at CBR.
Being able to hop on the Skyliner makes it so easy!
It sounds like a fun meal. We've met Ariane, Steve and Billie before. We ate at Flying Fish once. I didn't care for the lobster bisque. It seemed to have a weird spice.
They are such fun people and very easy to chat with. I am looking forward to seeing them again. The last time I dined at Flying Fish we had Stephanie as our server. She was phenomenal and our food matched the service in every way.
I agree, 7DMT is cute and a fun coaster, but it's not worth the long wait or paying for the ILL in my opinion. I would love to ride it but only if the lines go down at some point.
::yes::
I didn't realize the Easter display would be out while we're there! I always wanted to see that, now I'm wondering if we can fit it into our schedule at all.
I think it would be totally worth it to try and fit it in if you can.
I was bummed, we are just going to miss Modern English! We will be there for Rick Springfield.
Rick Springfield puts on a great show too!
Sounds like a really fun day!
Every Disney day is a great day! :)

my priority will be Peter Pan while everyone else is lining up for Seven Dwarves. Is it just me that I don't get the hype over Seven Dwarves?

Peter Pan is our early entry plan, too! If we’re there early enough we should be able to ride Peter Pan and Pooh (and perhaps the tea cups?) and then make it to Haunted Mansion before that line gets too long.

I like the Seven Dwarves Mine Train, but it’s not a favorite. The first time I rode it in 2015 I was underwhelmed and went on it exactly once during my ten days in the parks. I liked it more in 2016 when I enjoyed it for what it was - an easygoing attraction with some cool animatronics (I love the mine scene with the dwarves). I do plan to ride it in May as it’s a neat attraction and it’s a great starter coaster for my five-year-old, but I’ll take Peter Pan and Pooh over Mine Train any day.

People Mover is a must as is CoP

YES on both counts! I’m excited I may get to do these more than once as they’re great attractions to take my girls on if my husband wants to ride Space Mountain.

Next is an epic dinner at Flying Fish with Ariane, Steve, Kathy and Billie!!

Another meal with friends? How fantastic! Flying Fish is one of the few remaining signature restaurants I have left to visit… it always looks delicious.

Outfit planning!

Ok, I am totally obsessing over the weather forecast and have no clue what to pack! My fare is econo flex which includes a checked bag so I will take advantage of that rather than my usual carry on.

Day 1 ~

Topolinos brunch ~ Black Mickey head dress (small white Mickey heads all over), black pleather Mickey ears with pearl Mickey heads and pink tweed bow, pale pink cardigan.

MK evening~ Cinderella bound (white denim shorts, pale blue top, castle ears) pale blue "Feels Good to be Home" sweatshirt if it gets chilly.

Day 2 ~

DHS ~ Alice inspired shift dress from Ambrie, green cardigan, coral Minnie ears, Alice in Wonderland Loungefly backpack.

AK ~ pink patterned skort, dark pink "A Dream is a wish your heart makes" tshirt, gold and navy ears, navy "M is for Mickey" sweatshirt.

Day 3 ~

MK ~ Rapunzel bound (lilac shorts, pink floral top, lilac cardigan, lilac Minnie ears)

EP/Flying Fish dinner ~ Flower and Garden bound (navy floral midi dress OR navy floral palazzo pants with pink top)

Day 4 ~

AK ~ black skort, dark green "Magical" T shirt, Simba patterned hoodie

EP ~ Navy Orange Bird dress, Orange Bird ears, green cardigan, navy Orange Bird Dooney and Bourke bag.

Day 5 ~

MK ~ Green Mickey Leprechaun tshirt, navy skort, Leprechaun hat,

Jeans and navy DVC sweater for the plane ride home

Ok, I am totally obsessing over the weather forecast and have no clue what to pack!
Those sound like great outfits! I love the idea of Disney bounding. I'm also struggling because of the weather. I'm packing leggings for any days the girls are wearing dresses, cardigans or sweatshirts for mornings/evenings, swim gear and rain gear. I feel like we're going to be overpacked!

Those sound like great outfits! I love the idea of Disney bounding. I'm also struggling because of the weather. I'm packing leggings for any days the girls are wearing dresses, cardigans or sweatshirts for mornings/evenings, swim gear and rain gear. I feel like we're going to be overpacked!
I am the same! I feel like I will be heading to the parks like a pack mule each morning "just in case", lol!

Peter Pan is our early entry plan, too! If we’re there early enough we should be able to ride Peter Pan and Pooh (and perhaps the tea cups?) and then make it to Haunted Mansion before that line gets too long.
You can't get more classic Disney than Peter Pan!
YES on both counts! I’m excited I may get to do these more than once as they’re great attractions to take my girls on if my husband wants to ride Space Mountain.
I can do both multiple times too. CoP always holds a special place in my heart as Walt was directly involed with designng it.
Another meal with friends? How fantastic! Flying Fish is one of the few remaining signature restaurants I have left to visit… it always looks delicious.
It worked out so perfectly that Kathy, Ariane and Steve were down at the same time. Billie is local now so it is great to be able to connect with her most trips. :)

Last edited:

Day 3 sounds wonderful and your dinner at Flying Fish with the Epic Dis crew is awesome! Say hi 👋 to everyone for me!
Your outfits are all adorable and very thought out! I love it 🥰 You have encouraged me to look at more comfy dresses for the parks!
I had thought of Flying Fish for our one “fancy dinner”. I’m excited for you, coming soon!

Ok, I am totally obsessing over the weather forecast and have no clue what to pack! My fare is econo flex which includes a checked bag so I will take advantage of that rather than my usual carry on.
It's nice to be able to take the larger suitcase. Now you can be super flexible. You never know what Florida weather will be, but very warm might be a good guess. :)

Can you believe your much younger sister is now a member of the Disboards! Your trip plan sounds great. Maybe I will join you one of these years 🧐

Day 3 sounds wonderful and your dinner at Flying Fish with the Epic Dis crew is awesome! Say hi 👋 to everyone for me!
I will say hello to everyone for you. Still wish you were able to join me!
Your outfits are all adorable and very thought out! I love it 🥰 You have encouraged me to look at more comfy dresses for the parks!
Thank you! You know I have a small obsession with Disney dresses, lol!
I had thought of Flying Fish for our one “fancy dinner”. I’m excited for you, coming soon!
Narcoosees will be great too! I really need to dine there again soon. :)
It's nice to be able to take the larger suitcase. Now you can be super flexible. You never know what Florida weather will be, but very warm might be a good guess. :)
I am keeping my fingers crossed for warmth. I will be delighted if i manage to get some pool time. :)

That's a lot of costume changes! But now that I look at my packing list, I've got three days where I do the same! :rotfl2:
Costume changes are one of the best parts of a Disney trip! I may have half of my summer closet full of Disney dresses and a girl has to wear them somewhere!
Thanks, but I laugh because I am actually only a bit less than 11 months younger than Susan!
The original Irish twins!
Which officially makes you “much younger”

;)
Hmmm, my fellow Canadian needs to remember who he was friends with first! :rolleyes:

I know my sister has always known I am *slightly* obsessed with Disney but now she'll know just how deep it goes!

I may have half of my summer closet full of Disney dresses and a girl has to wear them somewhere!

I would say that at least 75% of my wardrobe is Disney related! But I don't have enough occasion to wear my many Disney Dresses. I need more leisure time! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter