A very Caribbean March Break getaway! TR link added 03/23

Yeah another trip!!!! Too bad, we won't be there till a little later.

We enjoyed staying at Caribean Beach. I feel like now with the Skyliner, makes most areas manageable. But being near Riveria is really nice. We really enjoyed the counter service there.

We will be there 10:35 so we will definitely overlap! Will keep an eye out!
Awesome! We'll be the group of over excited adults living our best Disney lives. As you do. :)
Yeah another trip!!!! Too bad, we won't be there till a little later.

We enjoyed staying at Caribean Beach. I feel like now with the Skyliner, makes most areas manageable. But being near Riveria is really nice. We really enjoyed the counter service there.
Your trip report from last summer really sold me on giving CBR a try. I think I will really enjoy being on the Skyliner. :)

I am excited to be close to the Riviera too as I love Primo Piatto! And Bar Riva as well.

I was hoping your dates would be a little earlier so we could meet up. One day we will overlap! :)

I'm here too and can't wait to hear your plans.,

Flower and Garden is my favorite festival and I certainly understand the "pull" to go. I would faint if my DH told me to go and not worry about how to pay for it.

We've only stayed at CBR once but we were in Jamaica. I found the location really close to the Skyliner and it's the first bus stop. The bus was sometimes full when we got to Aruba. The bus may not matter if you're doing a Lyft or Uber.

The biggest drawback was there is no elevator. I don't mind stairs at all except when I'll hauling my luggage up or down. I do tend to overpack.

You're making me want to go back to Toppolino's but it's already booked up.

Hi Susan!! Following along! I'm so excited that you're able to do a quick getaway- what a fun surprise!! :)

For this trip I booked Caribbean Beach Resort in a waterview 5th sleeper room using the spring promo of 25% off.
We are so excited to stay here in May!! We booked a standard 5th sleeper room. You'll have to let us know how you like the location/room!! We were thinking of requesting Aruba or Jamaica as well. We stayed in Trinidad the only other time we stayed there, and it was a HIKE!
He replied "book what you want and don't worry about it". Well what do you say to that but yes please!
Don't mind me, I'm just going to casually show this post to Jake and drop some hints.... :rolleyes1 Marriage GOALS!!!

Flower and Garden is my favorite festival and I certainly understand the "pull" to go. I would faint if my DH told me to go and not worry about how to pay for it.
Happy to have you along, Vanessa! I love F&G so much! The festival merch dropped today and I am DYING!!! There is so much I love (I may have a small Orange Bird obsession) and I have no idea how I am going to choose. Believe me, I was totally shocked when Bill said that to me. We have really been trying to set money aside for Hawaii and focus on that trip so I never even thought about March Break. Of course wouldn't you know once the trip was booked we ended up having a $2750 car repair! Then I felt guilty and said I should cancel but Bill insisted I keep the trip because it makes me happy. What can I say, he's a great guy!
We've only stayed at CBR once but we were in Jamaica. I found the location really close to the Skyliner and it's the first bus stop. The bus was sometimes full when we got to Aruba. The bus may not matter if you're doing a Lyft or Uber.
If I end up in Aruba I've heard it's sometimes easy to walk to Riviera and use their bus loop. I think I'll be happy either way because I'm in the bubble!
The biggest drawback was there is no elevator. I don't mind stairs at all except when I'll hauling my luggage up or down. I do tend to overpack.
Same as Old Key West with no elevators. I am bringing ALL the things this trip as the weather looks so variable. Plus I will have my Owner's Locker to contend with. But Bell Services usually delivers that for me.
You're making me want to go back to Toppolino's but it's already booked up.
I am so excited to finally get to dine there. I would keep checking for reservations there as mine popped up very last minute.
Hi Susan!! Following along! I'm so excited that you're able to do a quick getaway- what a fun surprise!! :)
Hi Molly! Glad you are here! I am SO excited to have an unexpected trip I still really can't believe I am going!
We are so excited to stay here in May!! We booked a standard 5th sleeper room. You'll have to let us know how you like the location/room!! We were thinking of requesting Aruba or Jamaica as well. We stayed in Trinidad the only other time we stayed there, and it was a HIKE!
I am excited to try a new resort. It was actually a pretty good rate last minute...I got $348/n for the waterview 5th sleeper which I thought was good for spring break.
Don't mind me, I'm just going to casually show this post to Jake and drop some hints.... :rolleyes1 Marriage GOALS!!!
Just tell Jake Bill's #1 saying "A happy wife is a happy life!". In all honesty it was super sweet and kind of him to do this for me and I am still a little blown away by it.

Day 2 plans!

I will be taking full advantage of the Skyiner this morning and start the day off at Hollywood Studios! HS is my least favourite park but I still like to spend time there once every trip. Must do's this morning will be Tower of Terror and Toy Story Midway Mania. I am not sure if I will get Genie+ or not for this day but I will definitely be taking advantage of early entry for resort guests.

Now here's the decision to make... should I go to my beloved Baseline Taphouse for lunch? Or try to get a table at Hollywood Brown Derby lounge? It might be fun to try something new and enjoy the awesome Cobb salad while I sit and people watch with a glass of wine.

1709221219188.png

Of course this is really only an option in good weather. If it's raining I'll look to somewhere indoors for lunch...maybe Docking Bay 7 for their Roasted Endorian Chicken salad?

I haven't seen Muppets in ages so will definitely plan on that. I've never seen Indiana Jones so that could be a possibility too. Or would I rather see Beauty and the Beast? You can tell my focus is away from rides except early in the morning and more of an emphasis on shows/characters. I think I'd like to see Edna and Frozone for sure. The Incredibles is still one of my favourite movies after all!

I will want to pick up the carrot cake cookie at Trolley Car Cafe on my way out of the park. This is one of my favourite treats.
1709222459408.png
Perfection in cookie form!

I will also pop into Sids for their big board to do a little pin trading. Then a hop back on the Skyliner back to CBR for some R&R and hopefully some pool time!

Around 4pm, I am heading over to Animal Kingdom! I typically go there in the early morning but with spring break crowds I am thinking late afternoon would be a better idea. You know Nomad Lounge will be on my list as well as a stroll through both the Maharajah and Gorilla Falls trail. A late safari will be in order and I may try to take in the last showing of FotLK too. I will probably buy an ILL for FoP here as I love the experience but not the long line. I am really looking forward to seeing Pandora in the evening and hopefully viewing the awakening on the Tree of Life.

I can't wait to see this in person. :goodvibes

The park is open until 8 pm which gives me time to head to Disney Springs for a bit or maybe just head back to CBR to enjoy the resort.

And that's day 2 in the books!

Sorry it took me so long to catch up, I've kind of had my own crazy Disney time. Today was my third day at Disney this week. :rotfl2: I know! My life is rough! But here I am back on the DIS after a day at the busy parks.

I'm off to the Caribbean for March Break...Caribbean Beach resort that is!

This sounds fun. That's one thing I miss about having so many points, is that I don't get to experience the moderates, because I can't fathom paying for resorts when I have SO MANY DVC points. I was lucky that Fran let me/encouraged me to indulge myself in DVC points. It's crazy how many that I have now when I think about it as a single woman.

As we are going to Aulani this summer for our 25th wedding anniversary, I used all my DVC points for that reservation.

That's awesome! I'm so glad you are getting great use out of your DVC points. We (me and Jill, my Egypt travel buddy) will be going to Aulani about a year from now before getting on a HI to YVR cruise.

That is until My DH asked me on February 15th if I wanted to go away for March Break. I just looked at him and said 'with what money?" He replied "book what you want and don't worry about it". Well what do you say to that but yes please!

Well, being the one who holds the finances would be skeptical, but if you tell me to book a Disney Vacay, I'm all over it!

or this trip I booked Caribbean Beach Resort in a waterview 5th sleeper room using the spring promo of 25% off. I have a 5 day park hopper ticket utilizing the Canadian 20% discount. I had Avion Rewards points so utilized those for my flight on West Jet.

This sounds like quite a deal. Because I have an AP which covers both coasts parks and DVC, the actual cheapest vacation that I can book is WDW. I only have to pay for meals! Not that I mean to brag, but I get when you score a deal.

This is a solo trip but I have quite a few fun Dismeets planned, :)

Awesome! I was going to do that for January which turned into December, but now Jill is coming, she will have to work from the room on Wed-Friday, but when her meetings are over, we are free to do whatever, and dinner reservations are fine, so we can hang out at night, heck, I can go do spa services in the day! :goodvibes

I am flying West Jet out of Toronto Pearson on Tuesday, March 12th. I have a late afternoon flight, arriving in Orlando at 7 pm. Typically I book a car service to the airport but this time I am going to grab the commuter train down to the city and then take the airport express train. It'll take about 30 minutes longer time wise but saves a lot....$20 vs $140. That $120 is money that can be spent at Disney!

That sounds like a great deal!

Then I will be heading off to Topolinos for brunch! Joining me is the lovely @KathyM2 , Billie (long time Disers will remember her) and a friend of Billie's. I have wanted to do this brunch for such a long time and am really looking forward to it! Sour Cream waffles will be calling my name!

Sounds Yum!

After brunch, we are planning on heading to Epcot! And you know that means Flower and Garden festival!!!! This is my favourite festival and I am so excitd to take in all the springtime beauty. :goodvibes

I love the F&G Festival too! I can't wait to be back just a couple weeks after you!

I plan on sampling a few food booths as well as long as I am not too full from brunch.

We plan on doing this our first day while we wait for the room to be ready.

I am debating getting Genie+ for this day. I might but then again I might just do the low wait experiences and take in the atmosphere.

If you're doing Brunch etc. I would hold off, but that's me.

Now here's the decision to make... should I go to my beloved Baseline Taphouse for lunch? Or try to get a table at Hollywood Brown Derby lounge? It might be fun to try something new and enjoy the awesome Cobb salad while I sit and people watch with a glass of wine.

I love the Brown Derby and the Cobb Salad, but again, that's me.

I haven't seen Muppets in ages so will definitely plan on that.

I think we need to try and hit that, but not sure if we can fit it in when we're at DHS. I thought they used to have it as CA Adventure, but if they did, they replaced it with Mickey's Philharmagic. I meant to show it to my friend today, but we forgot and hopped over to DL without seeing it.

I am really looking forward to seeing Pandora in the evening and hopefully viewing the awakening on the Tree of Life.

We made a special attempt to do this with my parents a couple years ago. It was cool, but not as cool as I hoped it would be.

The park is open until 8 pm which gives me time to head to Disney Springs for a bit or maybe just head back to CBR to enjoy the resort.

Either of these options sounds like a good idea to me. I start falling asleep so early since Fran passed. It's weird. I can't stay up. I think it's because I have no one to talk to at home anymore. The cats don't make good conversation.

I haven't seen Muppets in ages so will definitely plan on that. I've never seen Indiana Jones so that could be a possibility too. Or would I rather see Beauty and the Beast? You can tell my focus is away from rides except early in the morning
Honestly not focusing on rides in HS, you will have a better day!

The park is open until 8 pm
I keep waiting for Disney extand hours for our days...

Addicted to the Mouse (they’re travel agents with a great YouTube channel and podcast) actually liked the bread pudding from Sebastian’s Bistro better than ‘Ohana’s… and they’re big fans of ‘Ohana! I’ll be interested to hear your take.
I am happy to be a bread pudding reporter!
That’s so exciting! I have all my fingers crossed that I’ll be able to score us a brunch reservation here.
I think you'll be successful as long as you are flexible with times.
What great company you’ll have today! I’m pretty sure Kathy has joined in on one or two of my reports… and I absolutely loved Billie’s reports when she used to post of the DIS. You’ll have so much fun!
I am so excited to get together with these fabulous women. Kathy lives not too far from me in Ontario and Billie and I met up for dinner last summer. So I know how fun and easy it is to talk to them which is great. :)
I am biased as I’ve only been to one festival (so far!), but I also adore the Flower & Garden Festival. The topiaries, the bright colors, the yummy food… it’s just awesome.
Epcot is at it's very best during Flower and Garden. :goodvibes

I really enjoy Festival of the Holidays too. Food and Wine is good but I wish they would bring back the special events they used to have. I would love to experience Festival of the Arts one day.

Following along. Looking forward to reading more .
Glad you are here! Any Disney travel plans coming up?
Sorry it took me so long to catch up, I've kind of had my own crazy Disney time. Today was my third day at Disney this week. :rotfl2: I know! My life is rough! But here I am back on the DIS after a day at the busy parks.
Well that sounds just about perfect to me!
This sounds fun. That's one thing I miss about having so many points, is that I don't get to experience the moderates, because I can't fathom paying for resorts when I have SO MANY DVC points. I was lucky that Fran let me/encouraged me to indulge myself in DVC points. It's crazy how many that I have now when I think about it as a single woman.
I only own 150 points so am definitely a DVC newbie. One day I will buy another contract. Ideally I would like to have about 300 points.
That's awesome! I'm so glad you are getting great use out of your DVC points. We (me and Jill, my Egypt travel buddy) will be going to Aulani about a year from now before getting on a HI to YVR cruise.
The ocean view studio I booked at Aulani has a rack rate of $986 USD per night so I feel my DVC points are paying off in spades there
Well, being the one who holds the finances would be skeptical, but if you tell me to book a Disney Vacay, I'm all over it!
I do manage our day to day so was definitely a little skeptical but my DH also gets incented with a bonus and was happy to "share the wealth" with me. Who am I to say no to that. :)
Not that I mean to brag, but I get when you score a deal.
Not bragging at all! DVC and an AP is the perfect package!
Awesome! I was going to do that for January which turned into December, but now Jill is coming, she will have to work from the room on Wed-Friday, but when her meetings are over, we are free to do whatever, and dinner reservations are fine, so we can hang out at night, heck, I can go do spa services in the day! :goodvibes
Hopefully our December dates will line up so we can meet!
I love the F&G Festival too! I can't wait to be back just a couple weeks after you!
And in a cabin nonetheless! You are going to have a marvellous trip!
If you're doing Brunch etc. I would hold off, but that's me.
A late start to the day makes me wonder but I am also thinking of hopping to MK later which I know will be busy. It might be worth it for that alone. I'll definitely grab an ILL or virtual queue for Guardians though!
I love the Brown Derby and the Cobb Salad, but again, that's me.
I really love the Cobb salad there too! You are swaying me in that direction!
Either of these options sounds like a good idea to me. I start falling asleep so early since Fran passed. It's weird. I can't stay up. I think it's because I have no one to talk to at home anymore. The cats don't make good conversation.
That must be so hard. :hug: Losing your wife after so many years together is a huge adjustment.
Honestly not focusing on rides in HS, you will have a better day!
That was exactly what I was thinking. I don't need to fight crowds.
I keep waiting for Disney extand hours for our days...
They just released for the 9th through the 16th last week so your dates should be coming soon.

No argument from me, day 2 sounds perfect! 😍 We are traveling twins in how we tour! ❤️

I still have not tried HBD lounge, it is always a maybe and Baseline always wins out, haha 😂 Love that place!

Must do's this morning will be Tower of Terror and Toy Story Midway Mania.

Excellent choices! Tower of Terror is my favorite ride in all of Disney World, Toy Story Mania is so fun, and the Muppets is always a good time.

I will want to pick up the carrot cake cookie at Trolley Car Cafe on my way out of the park. This is one of my favourite treats.

Did you have this cookie in its original form (when it looked more like a flat cake with slightly different icing)? How does it compare to its current form? The carrot cake cookie was my FAVORITE snack, but it’s changed in the eight years since I’ve had it and the more recent reviews are fair to poor. I’m sad that they messed with such an excellent treat!

Around 4pm, I am heading over to Animal Kingdom! I typically go there in the early morning but with spring break crowds I am thinking late afternoon would be a better idea.

I’d love to try Animal Kingdom in the evening, especially to walk around Pandora. The pictures look so beautiful!

maybe Docking Bay 7 for their Roasted Endorian Chicken salad?
Have you had the chicken salad before? I'm always on the lookout for a good chicken salad. :)
Then a hop back on the Skyliner back to CBR for some R&R and hopefully some pool time!
Will this be your first stay at CBR since the Skyliner was built?
Around 4pm, I am heading over to Animal Kingdom!
We usually get an empty AK bus when we go to the park in the evening. It's like a different park. ;)

No argument from me, day 2 sounds perfect! 😍 We are traveling twins in how we tour! ❤️
Which is exactly why we travel so well together. ❤️
I still have not tried HBD lounge, it is always a maybe and Baseline always wins out, haha 😂 Love that place!
Same!!! Baseline always wins out but I am determined to mix it up a little. :)
Excellent choices! Tower of Terror is my favorite ride in all of Disney World, Toy Story Mania is so fun, and the Muppets is always a good time.
Agreed! On our first family trip in 2009, my then 6 year old was asked what his favourite thing about Disney was. His reply? "Tower of Terror!" I have to agree with him. :)
Did you have this cookie in its original form (when it looked more like a flat cake with slightly different icing)? How does it compare to its current form? The carrot cake cookie was my FAVORITE snack, but it’s changed in the eight years since I’ve had it and the more recent reviews are fair to poor. I’m sad that they messed with such an excellent treat!
The first time I had it was when it was available at Writer's Stop. I had it at Trolley Car Cafe summer of 2022 but not since then. It was good but not as good as when it was available at Writer's Stop. I really hope it hasn't gone downhill. :(
I’d love to try Animal Kingdom in the evening, especially to walk around Pandora. The pictures look so beautiful!
I've only been to AK once in the evenng so I am excited for the extended hours.
Have you had the chicken salad before? I'm always on the lookout for a good chicken salad. :)
I haven't tried it but have heard good things. I love a good chicken salad too. I have to say the house salad at Skippers with grilled chicken added is very good!
Will this be your first stay at CBR since the Skyliner was built?
This is my first ever stay at CBR. I'm happy to explore a new resort. :)
We usually get an empty AK bus when we go to the park in the evening. It's like a different park. ;)
I am really looking forward to enjoying AK in the evening. :)

Honestly, focusing less on rides and more on characters/shows in DHS is just as fulfilling in that park. I discovered over the summertime how much there is to do in Hollywood that's not hopping on coasters.
I feel like if it's really hot out you might want to try the HBD Lounge just to give yourself a little more time to sit in the shade. Plus, a cool salad might be refreshing at that point.

Pandora at night is lovely, and it's a good idea allowing the worst of the crowds to leave the park. I say after 4 p.m., Animal Kingdom really clears out! When we did the trails over the summertime, around 5 o'clock, there was barely anybody else there and it gave us a lot of time to talk to the keepers and view the animals.

Awesome! We'll be the group of over excited adults living our best Disney lives. As you do. :)
As you should!! We're a group of 7 but had to split into 4 and 3 for that reservation, I'm hoping they'll at least let us sit near each other.
I will be taking full advantage of the Skyiner this morning and start the day off at Hollywood Studios! HS is my least favourite park but I still like to spend time there once every trip. Must do's this morning will be Tower of Terror and Toy Story Midway Mania. I am not sure if I will get Genie+ or not for this day but I will definitely be taking advantage of early entry for resort guests.
We're on a similar schedule, HS is our plan for the next day too! Taking advantage of early entry makes sense, but we'll be getting in later this day (husband and I are doing HS After Hours the night before). I always say HS is my least favorite park too but we'll be going 3 times this next trip!
I've never seen Indiana Jones so that could be a possibility too. Or would I rather see Beauty and the Beast?
I vote Indiana Jones! It's a fun show, especially if you haven't seen it before. Beauty and the Beast is hard to beat though!

Honestly, focusing less on rides and more on characters/shows in DHS is just as fulfilling in that park. I discovered over the summertime how much there is to do in Hollywood that's not hopping on coasters.
There really is! I need to do One Man's Dream too as I didn't make time for it in December. I never tire of going through that exhibit.
I feel like if it's really hot out you might want to try the HBD Lounge just to give yourself a little more time to sit in the shade. Plus, a cool salad might be refreshing at that point.
I am really hoping for heat! March weather can be SO variable. I feel as though I am packing all the things!
Pandora at night is lovely, and it's a good idea allowing the worst of the crowds to leave the park. I say after 4 p.m., Animal Kingdom really clears out! When we did the trails over the summertime, around 5 o'clock, there was barely anybody else there and it gave us a lot of time to talk to the keepers and view the animals.
That is exactly what I am hoping for!
As you should!! We're a group of 7 but had to split into 4 and 3 for that reservation, I'm hoping they'll at least let us sit near each other.
We have the same issue with a dining reservation for Flying Fish Friday evening. We are a party of 5 but had to split into 3 and 2.
We're on a similar schedule, HS is our plan for the next day too! Taking advantage of early entry makes sense, but we'll be getting in later this day (husband and I are doing HS After Hours the night before). I always say HS is my least favorite park too but we'll be going 3 times this next trip!
I looked at After Hours as well but it was super expensive.
I vote Indiana Jones! It's a fun show, especially if you haven't seen it before. Beauty and the Beast is hard to beat though!
It's nice to do something different too. :)

It's a magical morning on Day 3!

I will be heading off to MK bright and early this morning as early entry for resort guests begins at 7:30 am. The focus today will be a VQ for Tron if I can grab an early group. I will go for an early Jungle Cruise, followed by Big Thunder Mountain and Haunted Mansion. I know we will be shuttled towards Fantasyland for early entry (why don't they open Adventureland??) so my priority will be Peter Pan while everyone else is lining up for Seven Dwarves. Is it just me that I don't get the hype over Seven Dwarves? I mean it's cute and all but I am certainly not waiting in a big line for it.
People Mover is a must as is CoP followed by some Main Street USA streetsmosphere. Yes, I'm looking at you Dapper Dans! While I am at it, does anyone want to sign a petition to bring back the Trolley Show? I miss it so much!

Next up is a trip across the Seven Seas Lagoon to the Grand Floridian! With Easter so early this year, the Easter Egg display will be out and I am so interested in seeing it. I am sure the pictures I have seen do not do it justice!

I will pop by Gasparilla Island Grill for a light lunch on the patio before heading to the DHS bus to connect to the Skyliner back to CBR for a rest and pool time. This Canadian girl will be soaking up ALL the warmth and sunshine!

Tonight's plans are super exciting!! First up, one of my all time favourite bands, Modern English, is playing at Garden Rocks tonight for the first time. So I will definitely take in the first show at 5:45 and maybe even the 6:30 one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xObAYlZxafI

Next is an epic dinner at Flying Fish with Ariane, Steve, Kathy and Billie!! I am really looking forward to dining there again as I loved my meal there in 2022. I know the scallops will be calling my name.

1709386653694.png

Seriously the best dish ever!

Who knows if Jelly Rolls or Abracadbar will be calling our name after dinner? All I can say is that it is going to be fun!

Last edited:
I know we will be shuttled towards Fantasyland for early entry (why don't they open Adventureland??) so my priority will be Peter Pan while everyone else is lining up for Seven Dwarves.
We always head to Peter Pan at early opening, too, except for the one time that we ended up near the front of the early opening line. We headed to SDMR instead. It was our first time going through the standby line. I had heard that there were lots of interactive things to do in the mine ride line but didn't see that much. We were off that ride in just a few minutes, but it was already too late for Peter Pan. That line fills up fast.
With Easter so early this year, the Easter Egg display will be out and I am so interested in seeing it.
I would love to see the egg display. We tend to avoid WDW during the busy spring break season. They need to leave the display up longer, just for us. ;)
heading to the DHS bus to connect to the Skyliner back to CBR
The best part about staying at CBR is being able to catch a DHS bus from any resort. It is really hard to travel from resort to resort. But the DHS bus works perfectly, especially if you are staying at CBR.
I am really looking forward to dining there again as I loved my meal there in 2022.
It sounds like a fun meal. We've met Ariane, Steve and Billie before. We ate at Flying Fish once. I didn't care for the lobster bisque. It seemed to have a weird spice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter