Admin Please Close Thread.

Since my DS26 is going to the UK in a couple weeks, I'll suggest he try (and bring home!) interesting candy.

I find cheap American candy to be too waxy--I'm looking at you, Hershey! Kit-kats would fall into that category, too.

My younger son is going to France In June--we already know there's a Lindt factory near where he'll be. He's staying with the young man we hosted last year, and he showed up here with fresh Lindt candy (and three bottles of French wine!). We did a taste test--I'm an engineer, everything is an experiment--and he decreed that our Lindt chocolate was as good as his from back home. Good to know!

Since my DS26 is going to the UK in a couple weeks, I'll suggest he try (and bring home!) interesting candy.

I find cheap American candy to be too waxy--I'm looking at you, Hershey! Kit-kats would fall into that category, too.

My younger son is going to France In June--we already know there's a Lindt factory near where he'll be. He's staying with the young man we hosted last year, and he showed up here with fresh Lindt candy (and three bottles of French wine!). We did a taste test--I'm an engineer, everything is an experiment--and he decreed that our Lindt chocolate was as good as his from back home. Good to know!
Have him get a Cadbury flake bar so yummy!!

Probably not very popular, but in high school (the 80s) I used to love the Chunky candy bar. It wasn't really a bar but more of a square of squares??? It was chocolate with nuts and raisins. So good.

When I was a kid in the 70s, I loved Marathon bars. My mom would keep me occupied at my brothers' baseball games by feeding me corn dogs and Marathon bars. :rotfl2:

Probably not very popular, but in high school (the 80s) I used to love the Chunky candy bar. It wasn't really a bar but more of a square of squares??? It was chocolate with nuts and raisins. So good.

When I was a kid in the 70s, I loved Marathon bars. My mom would keep me occupied at my brothers' baseball games by feeding me corn dogs and Marathon bars. :rotfl2:
Loved Chunky candy bars. "Open wide for Chunky" was their ad campaign. And it is still being made.

Don't forget PB MAXX. Probably enough fat and sugar to kill you, but sooooo good.

THIS. American chocolate is way too waxy. My mother is English so we always had proper English Cadbury chocolates growing up ... buttons are my favorite but they can be a bit trickier to find.

So funny you mention this candy bar, my son’s girlfriend and her mother bought one when we went on road trip to Tampa and stopped at Cracker Barrel. They said it’s their tradition since they can only find them there. I had never heard of it before.

I loved the Chunky candy bar with nuts and raisins!!! That's my favorite Cadbury bar as well. And I was also a huge fan of the Marathon bars. Yuummmmmm!!!

European chocolates have higher fat and cocoa content, that's why they usually taste better.
Has anyone tried chocolates from Disneyland Paris? They are far more superior than DL and WDW! On top of that, their packaging and the actual chocolate pieces are much cuter!

I like Klondike bars (especially mint and Reese’s) but I think they are half the thickness they used to be. Closest treat to a Mickey bar
I haven't had one in ages!! Cookies n' Cream please!😍

Speaking of things that taste notably worse nowadays, I definitely think that with Kit Kats. They taste almost...plastic-y? I don't know how to describe it but they're awful. I can't eat them anymore.
Chocolate from any country is better than chocolate in the US lol

Japanese Kit Kats are the best. I still think about the choco banana flavored ones....
Yep @Smugpugmug is right!! Japanese Kit Kats are the best! One of the most memorable flavors was sake! And surprisingly it was quite good! But Japanese candy and chocolate in general, they are just amazing! ROYCE....that's my kryptonite!! Don't ask me how many boxes I currently have in my fridge and pantry....lol

I just wish the original Whatchamacallit would come back from the 80s where there was no caramel.
I'm not sure if I had ever tasted one without the caramel...Now I am curious too if I would have liked the one without caramel better.

I googled it and I was like....Oohhhh them!! Yep I remember them now. I need to watch the documentary.

i've watched a tremendous amount of material on them over the years-the hbo documentary definitely contains some fascinating new information BUT-

it pales on the unbelievable scale (mentality wise) as compared to what is being disclosed by following the live minute by minute court updates on the lori vallow case o_O o_O o_O . i know they've done some documentary coverage on the situation/at least one slap-dash made for tv movie but if they ever do an in-depth documentary on all that the state of idaho has managed to keep under the radar until lori's trial it will have to be much longer than the heaven's gate one (and we don't even know what is being withheld for chad's prosecution).

Just throwing this out there, we went to a ortho dr yesterday and there wasn't a mask is needed sign. First dr office we've been in years that has stopped.

Although we may still wear one going to primary dr. I mean people are coming in for all kinds of reason, probably half fall under the cough/cold/ flu category . Might wear them to cut down on picking up a germ or two.

Just throwing this out there, we went to a ortho dr yesterday and there wasn't a mask is needed sign. First dr office we've been in years that has stopped.

Although we may still wear one going to primary dr. I mean people are coming in for all kinds of reason, probably half fall under the cough/cold/ flu category . Might wear them to cut down on picking up a germ or two.
Even our hospitals don't require here. I have one doc (of many) who still requires them and does temp checks even, but no other providers.

Reactions: rlk

My orthopedic doctor's office is in a hospital and on my last visit a few weeks ago, masks were not required. I was surprised.

European chocolates have higher fat and cocoa content, that's why they usually taste better.
Has anyone tried chocolates from Disneyland Paris? They are far more superior than DL and WDW! On top of that, their packaging and the actual chocolate pieces are much cuter!

So what you're telling us is, we're eating diet chocolate?

Even our hospitals don't require here. I have one doc (of many) who still requires them and does temp checks even, but no other providers.
DH had hernia surgery three weeks ago, ahead of surgery, Dr mentioned there is a few cases of covid at hospital just let you know you have a chance of catching it. We had to wear masks the whole time. But no testing was done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter