AKV owners tapestry

We mailed ours out today and went with the "Bxxxxxx Family". I tried calling before I mailed it out to see if we were allowed some creativity but couldn't get anyone. They want you to leave a message and I didn't bother. Oh well!

We tried calling too, but after no response we called our guide. She made some calls for us and got the answers right away. She is a trooper and she really has gone the extra mile for time and time again! Thanks Nancy!!

tomandrobin
We tried calling too, but after no response we called our guide. She made some calls for us and got the answers right away. She is a trooper and she really has gone the extra mile for time and time again! Thanks Nancy!!

and the answer is ? are we just suppose to put just our last name ?

On the legal info #1, the way I take it DVD won't accept anything other than the last name...unless they want to. So it seems like a blanket statement allowing them to have the approval of what goes on the tapestry. If you put just the name, they can't veto it. Anything else seems like it can be approved by DVD.

We went with T+K XXXXX 1999.

1999 is the year we got married, and the year our first contract at the BWV closed and we got married. We actually purchased in Dec. '98. If they have a problem, they can give us a call.

I caved. I scribled out our first names and put our last name down.
I was also confused about the "return by date". I wasn't sure if that was a postmark or receive by date.

I chickened out and express mailed it for $16.25 :rolleyes:

MG

Our guide told us that the person in charge of the tapestry project was out of town at the Dreams opening. Upon his return he will answer my questions. Should be latter this week.

Yeah... After the deadline. :rolleyes:

MG

I was told that the deadline was just a date pulled out of the air. They said it will take months to verify the information and contact the Members. They wanted to get the process started due to complaints. Last decision was that the tapestry will hang in the new building and not in Jambo.

I was told that the deadline was just a date pulled out of the air. They said it will take months to verify the information and contact the Members. They wanted to get the process started due to complaints. Last decision was that the tapestry will hang in the new building and not in Jambo.

MS most likely got tired of fielding questions about when should we see our information for this?

Originally I was told we would get the forms for the information in April, in May. We called and where told June or July.

johno

Well, I for 1, would like a do-over.:dance3:

I really hate when they throw things together :headache:

I thought it was a silly sales ploy from the beginning. It will probably hang in some little corner near the bathroom of the lobby.

I thought it was a silly sales ploy from the beginning. It will probably hang in some little corner near the bathroom of the lobby.

Sales ploy or not it worked. People were fighting to buy and get on the tapestry. I made the mistake of calling our Guide to ask about AKV, not knowing when sales would open. Turns out they started selling that day. Our Guide told us that she had reached her monthly quota during the first 2 hours. Another source told me that DVD extended the tapestry promotion from the first 150 people to the month of February because over 150 signed up the first day and there were complaints. It took DVD weeks to catch up on processing the paperwork.

Sounds like a successful promotion to me. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter