~ All My Children Fans ~ new home...

I too lost interest....not because of the "racey" nature of the shows. I just found it a pain to sit in front of my laptop and watch a tv show. People say it's the same as sitting in front of your TV, but no it really isn't. I want to watch and I would if it was on regular TV again!

I too lost interest....not because of the "racey" nature of the shows. I just found it a pain to sit in front of my laptop and watch a tv show. People say it's the same as sitting in front of your TV, but no it really isn't. I want to watch and I would if it was on regular TV again!

The Oprah Network picked up the show. It ended the 1st season, I really hope she picks it up again. It was great washing the show the same time it aired on ABC.

I really didn't like watching it online either. I did that for only a short time. I did LOVE watching it on tv when OWN network was airing it. Also, on tv they do edit. I was shocked:eek: when I saw and heard some of the things online. Honestly I prefer the edited version on OWN:thumbsup2

I just wish season 2 would start. It took me awhile to get back into figuring out what was going on.

Having Jessie & Angie back on is wonderful:goodvibes

I do not mind watching online. I watch on my iPad while I eat lunch. Looking forward to Season 2.

My Husband recently recorded a show - I think it was on last week - and it was terribly interesting. It was called: "What killed the soaps?". Many of the stars interviewed cited the O.J. Simpson chase and trial that actually killed the soaps. As we all well know - watching your favorite soap is almost like an addiction - an enjoyable addiction. When the soaps were preempted for weeks at a time for that stupid trial, they lost a lot of viewers because the soap addiction was broken.

I remember a time when my DH and I used to watch both All My Children and One Life To Live. We always watched the recorded soaps over dinner, and honestly, two hours of soaps were taking up way too much of our time. BUT ..... We were hooked. Then One Life to Live came up with a story line that we just could not stand. It had to do with a hidden city, and something called "Badderley" or something like that. We decided "Now is the time to drop this one". We continued to watch All My Children, which was the perfect timing over dinner. We never even went back to One Life To Live, although we always kept up on what the actors were doing.

We don't have children, it is just us two, and so it always was perfect to watch All My Children over dinner. We would sometimes critique a story line, and even discuss how we would re-do that story line.

I still miss my soap family - but seeing these people on the internet is just not the same. We still watch TV over dinner. I put on one or two older sit-coms on the DVD, and we are happy with those. I also have quite a few Disney World videos, and I go back to WDW in a flash.

Well ...... It was nice to "talk" with you all again, and I wish you all a very Happy New Year !

My Husband recently recorded a show - I think it was on last week - and it was terribly interesting. It was called: "What killed the soaps?". Many of the stars interviewed cited the O.J. Simpson chase and trial that actually killed the soaps. As we all well know - watching your favorite soap is almost like an addiction - an enjoyable addiction. When the soaps were preempted for weeks at a time for that stupid trial, they lost a lot of viewers because the soap addiction was broken.

I remember a time when my DH and I used to watch both All My Children and One Life To Live. We always watched the recorded soaps over dinner, and honestly, two hours of soaps were taking up way too much of our time. BUT ..... We were hooked. Then One Life to Live came up with a story line that we just could not stand. It had to do with a hidden city, and something called "Badderley" or something like that. We decided "Now is the time to drop this one". We continued to watch All My Children, which was the perfect timing over dinner. We never even went back to One Life To Live, although we always kept up on what the actors were doing.

We don't have children, it is just us two, and so it always was perfect to watch All My Children over dinner. We would sometimes critique a story line, and even discuss how we would re-do that story line.

I still miss my soap family - but seeing these people on the internet is just not the same. We still watch TV over dinner. I put on one or two older sit-coms on the DVD, and we are happy with those. I also have quite a few Disney World videos, and I go back to WDW in a flash.

Well ...... It was nice to "talk" with you all again, and I wish you all a very Happy New Year !
Agree......I miss my soap!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter